Marco Di Vaio (6 Viewers)

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Paranoia ] ++

my guess is salas.
but it won't make much difference,they BOTH play in the italian cup and this time lippi will still let them play if they get to the final,i felt it was somewhat unfair to amoruso and zala to let dp and treze play last season in the final.
NO WAY !!!

DiVaio is much the better attacker. He will be our #3 attacker

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
disagree.salas is the one who has turnedon the heat this pre-season and he's also more established than di vaio who is not quite as experienced as salas on the biggest stage.

OP
s0ftcore

s0ftcore

Jul 13, 2002
  • Thread Starter #24
    ++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++
    Getting DiVaio is the BEST move we've made during the off-season.

It shows that our team is serious about doing some great things in the CL and Serie A.
    What the hell? We need midfielders, if Juve is serious about doing great things, why don't they buy some midfielder capable of giving our team more bite.

We should buy Nicky Butt. Look at his performance @ WC!

Sivori

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
    Brighi, Pirlo, Maresca, Morfeo, gr8 prospects that keep getting shipped about, they never settle in 1 club before they are loaned out again, is it a wonder that Italy is bereft of quality mfs, when you keep on loaning out players

How many players have we loaned out that have come back to be prominent in out team

Di Vaio was bought because Trez is probably injured for a long while and he will start with Dp not in coppa italia

Paranoia Amoruso and Zala actually started the coppa final, while Buffon/ Thuram, Trez, Davids and Salas were all on the bench

Trez, Salas and Dp came on in the second half

Good point about the youngsters, it's certainly symptomatic of bigger italian clubs and is probably also one of the reasons why they, and the NT, have largely failed in the last few years.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
    Jul 16, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by s0ftcore ] ++

What the hell? We need midfielders, if Juve is serious about doing great things, why don't they buy some midfielder capable of giving our team more bite.

We cried and whined last season about the depth of our forwards when DP was hurt, now we have the depth we need.

DiVaio will give Trez a run for his money to be the 2nd starting forward.

Jul 12, 2002

There are a lot better utility mid-fielders than Nicky Butt. Let me name a few:

Phillip Cocu
    Christiano Zanetti
    Luis Enrique
    Fredrik Ljungberg
    Marc Van Bommerl
    Luigi Di Biaggio

See my point?

OP
    s0ftcore

s0ftcore

Jul 13, 2002
  • Thread Starter #32
    Di Biagio is crap. Cocu is old, and so is Enrique... well, whatever, any good utility midfielders will do.

I was thinking why you peeps are calling Di Vaio "Italy's Romario" he looks more like a "Italy Kevin Philips" to me! LOL

I mean both can score quite a lot of goals, are not from good clubs *Di Vaio used to be in Parma*, both cant seem to force their way into their respective NT... and they kinda look alike.

Evelyn8

Jul 23, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by [DJ Juve] ] ++

actually, we coulds have bought Crespo....
    Yes buying Crespo would of been scary

then we would of had the best Attack in the world

But that would probably mean benching Treze how wouldn't get that happy.....

Di Vaio well however tolerate bench time better.

HE is a Juve buy. Not as high profile as Crespo not as demanding as Crespo. But potenial to become good.
    I mean as a player he is fast like Pippo but more technical and better at finishing.

So I don't see why not.......

Evelyn8

Jul 23, 2002
    I have been thinking about this signing all day and I must Say

that DI Vaio is the perfect complement to our Strike Force.

He is more the Saviola/Romario type then the Kevin Phillips

Phillips runs and shoots.

Di Vaio has got dynamic technique. He will make a perfect complement to Del Piero and will also pair up well with Trezeguet (Which Wouldn't work if we had gotten VIeri/Crespo)

Only one I see him having trouble with is the MAtador. Since their to styles don't really match.

But Finding a striker to pair up to the top two in the pecking order is primal.

A much better signing IMO then Chiesa.

Evelyn8

Jul 23, 2002
    I can see it before me
    Del Piero Supplying the through balls on Di Vaio while he outruns his defender comes 1on1 with the goalie fakes a shot and dribbles him and nets it.......

Or Di Vaio faking to go one way and going the other dribbling his marker then out of pure pace rushing past the next on the edge of the box

Making a wanton Cross
    Where a Trezegol always at the right place at the right time is acrobatic enough to head it in!!

Jul 12, 2002
    Di Biagio is crap. Cocu is old, and so is Enrique... well, whatever, any good utility midfielders will do.
    Oh come on man, Cocu and Enrique are fantastic players despite their age, and two of the most useful in the game. Cocu is without a doubt the most versatile player in the game. he can play anywhere (with the posible exception of keeper, but maybe), and he is good at any position from striker to sweeper, he has all the skills.

Jul 12, 2002
    Any one with good sense would be trying to sign a good versatile mid-fielder. Look at Real Madrid, they have bunches of them, and this makes them a formidable team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)