Marco Di Vaio (2 Viewers)

Evelyn8

Jul 23, 2002
++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++

Lippi added: "You will see many different types of Juventus this season because I will adapt the system of play in order to compliment the characteristics of the players that I select."

The Delle Alpi outfit now have a number of attacking options with Di Vaio’s late arrival.
:touched:

Lippi
The Great Tactican has spoken again.
Who are we playing in our first game?

Juventus will be like Mutagen adapting to its prey.
Finding its weaknesses and neutralising its strengths.......

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
The “Juve premiere” was good: actually, Marco Di Vaio couldn’t have hoped for a better one. In the friendly match in Biella the new “blackandwhite” player showed his skills: good condition, two goals, and above all, a great understanding with his new teammates.

“Starting this way is really a positive thing – Di Vaio said – We got some pretty good indications from the match, which was important but I have to remember that it was just a friendly match. For me it was fundamental, trying to find a good feeling with my new teammates: I improved but I still need a bit more of patience and some work. The start was good so let’s hope to carry on this way.”

The match in Biella might have been just a training but the understanding bewteen Del Piero and the former Parma-forward seemed quite good: “It’s easy to play alongside Del Piero – Di Vaio explained – You’ve only got to do a little movement and players like him are able to give you great assists. There are five forwards here in Juventus, with different characteristics and this is a good thing for the team”.

Five strikers and, then, for Lippi there are a lot of combinations to choose amongst players with the best condition. Di Vaio is certain about this. “In the recent years I always played at least 50 matches, and that’s a lot. Here we’ll always need some fresh players to attack the defense of our opponents, that will be often quite packed and closed against Juventus”.

While waiting for the first official match, Di Vaio’s goal is to further improve the understanding with his teammates, both in the football ground and ouside of it. “Until now I’ve studied the secrets of this group. That’s because I’m sure that the understanding on the pitch is easier to reach if you have a good one also ouside of it. And this is also the reason for which, when I met them in the National team, I kept on asking things to Del Piero, Buffon and Iuliano to let me explain all the secrets of this Juventus”.

Today was Biellese’s turn, and on Sunday there will be the first match of Serie A against Atalanta: “I’m ready as my teammates are and showed to be. Physically I feel good, also because I had good training for this season with Parma”.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
it's gotta be a little longer....if you look at the pic up there you'll see there's a little hole there in the centre of his hair.....probably to make him more aerodynamic:D

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Paranoia ] ++
it's gotta be a little longer....if you look at the pic up there you'll see there's a little hole there in the centre of his hair.....probably to make him more aerodynamic:D
yeah, then he can grow back the mullet.

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
Marco Di Vaio has thanked his teammates and the home fans for making him instantly welcome at Juventus.

The Italian arrived at the Delle Alpi just before the start of the season after his £16m move from Parma, and he made an encouraging debut in the 3-0 win over Atalanta on Sunday.

"It was a very emotional moment when I heard the fans chanting my name from the curva," he recalled.

"They were great and have welcomed me instantly. I wasn’t expecting that but they helped me to forget about the tension of making my debut.

"I would say that the game went well and the only thing missing was a goal from me.

"The side played as if it believed in my capabilities and showed that we were good enough to take control of the game."

Di Vaio did go close to opening his account on a number of occasions but did instantly strike up an understanding with star man Alex Del Piero.

"We are only at the beginning and my teammates need to get to know me and vice-versa," he continued.

"I just need more games under my belt to get to my very best. But it is easy to play alongside a Del Piero who is in such hot form."

Next on the agenda for the former Lazio youth product is Juventus’ Champions’ League game against Feyenoord on Wednesday.

"The Champions’ League is the maximum of the European game," he added. "In the last few years the number of top quality opponents have increased but the Italian sides have what it takes to go all the way."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)