Marco Borriello (6 Viewers)

Do you want Borriello to stay, and do you think he will?

• I want him to stay, and I think he will :)

• I hope he leaves, but I think he'll stay :mad:

• I want him to stay, but I think he'll leave :sad:

• I think we'll ship his ass off. Good riddance! :D

• I want him to stay, but at a much lower price

Results are only viewable after voting.

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
Nothing controversial about that post all mate, in fact you've probably hit the nail on the head, doubt many will disagree with you. Well, there's one whom I won't name, that'll definitely tell you you're wrong :shifty:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I understand that this will probably be controversial as I have a low-post count, haven't been a member on here long and blah blah blah. Let's just cut to it -

Do you know what separates the 'big boys' in football from the little ones? They know when to cut their losses, and when not to buy a player, regardless of personal feelings towards that player (Aside from Del Piero. He's untouchable and I wish he was staying.)
To be THE top team, you need to have discipline, strictness, a clear philosophy for the club from youth to seniors (which I'll rant about another time), and a 'the team before the player' sort of mind set.

Borriello will be bad for a Champions League campaign. He won't get picked much/won't score much, which will lower his morale, which COULD then lower the morale of the rest of the team. He is not a world beater, isn't a stand-out performer in any area, is getting on in age, and doesn't deserve to be at such an amazing team with ambitions to concur the world of football again.

Borriello - OUT please.
This.

The management really needs to man up and show the door to at least 2 attackers, one of them being obviously borrielo. Give him a Juventus certificate, some flowers and a shirt, and thank him for his services , becase he just cannot stay.

And is sad for us to be discussing over 2 forwards when the both of them are underperforming, above al quags who is not scoring but at least talented, unlike borrifail.

We need to get 2 bombers upfront defnitely.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
At least zalayate always had some goals in his bag before coming out.....and was not as stressfull as borrielo, at least ti be a last choice striker.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
in every facet of the game? :howler:
Yes! Matri is a superior dribbler, who can actually go past his man , Borriello CANT!]
Matri has better stats, wiki says 19 goals in 41 matches, nearly one goal every second game and we know many appearances, were just a few minutes subs this season.
While Borriello only has 2 goals in 15 matches, roughly one goal every seven games. Matri also has better pass, which is demonstrated with better assists numbers.
Matri has better speed and adaptability, he also is more versatile and useful in a wider range of rules, whilst Borriello can only offer one thing.
I believe the only real thing that Borriello can do is keeping the ball closer to their box longer.
Matri is more explosive, with better SS skills, better shooting skills, better vision and awareness, so he is likely to shoot, dribble or pass the ball.
Borriello is a better time waster, as his faulty passing, faulty shooting and undecisive play, is wasting time more effectivelly and lowering the tempo.
Sometimes this serves our purpose of possession football, but doesnt mean that Matri is a bad player, on the contrary, Boriello beeing so limite, he cant offer an alternative, even if he is asked to, but Matri can adapt to our needs.
The only other facet Borriello comes close to Matri is power/balance. In rest Matri has a clear advantage.
People forgot when Matri was scoring week in and week out until Conte decided to ice him and start Whorriello :howler:
Exactly, ppl have a selective sort memory...
It's inevitable we are going to buy him, Conte kept on insisting on playing him even when he kept on suckin' for 3 months.
Yes i believe it was obvious from the first 9 games, Borriello was consistently the worst player in the pitch.
He ruined almost any of our attacking chances and offered nothing on the build up.
However Conte was starting him for so many games, despite the fact that we were slipping so many points.
We could be champions by now, if Conte was not sacrificing Matri or Quaq finishing, or even DP for more Borriello playing time...
Even Bonucci given so many chances upfront whould have scored more goals than Borriello and he is arguably our second least techical player and most useless overall...

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
I remember the days of guys like Zalayeta and Kovacevic being 4'th choice, and they are both superior to Borriello in every aspect.
ah, the days when we had inzaghi, kovacevic and zalayeta... we wouldn't even worried if pippo injured because darko was just as lethal and zalayeta even scored winning goals against the likes of farcelona and midrad; now we must accept the likes of amauri, iaquinta, boriello and to some extent quaq and vucinic and even matri who just miss sitters here and there and again....

our current top scorer, matri is IMO not even on the same level as kovacevic... just show us how badly we need some quality on the attacking front.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)