Marco Borriello (6 Viewers)

Do you want Borriello to stay, and do you think he will?

• I want him to stay, and I think he will :)

• I hope he leaves, but I think he'll stay :mad:

• I want him to stay, but I think he'll leave :sad:

• I think we'll ship his ass off. Good riddance! :D

• I want him to stay, but at a much lower price

Results are only viewable after voting.

adriano_c

May 26, 2009
such incredibly bullshit. he had a good game, all around. held up the ball well, linked up with vucinic. he made good deep runs and even dropped low a few times with success.

anyways, i'm unphased by the blind people trying to watch football. borriello will continue to dominate and there is not a single thing you can do to stop him.

imagine if quags had played that exact game, it would be all cheers and "unlucky" that he didn't bury the second sitter :lol:
Out of your mind. Clearly. He's a terrible target man. Not once did he receive the ball and take a positive initiative to advance the attack. He either a) makes a lazy lay-off too far back, in effect destroying the play as it allows opposition defenders to get into position and force his own to restart the advance or b) he drifts aimlessly into a corner, instead of being direct despite having good options centrally and ahead, before giving the ball away to the nearest player and jogging into the box. He is the antithesis of a smart forward. Oh, and he can't finish for shit as evidenced by his contender for miss-of-the-season. Some might claim he's "following instructions" by holding up play but he can't even do that properly because he literally holds up and congests our play rather than bringing others in for good opportunities.

Good on him that he scored a totally open header against the second-to-last-placed team but he can fuck off from whence he came.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
He scored 2 consecutive goals against the lowest 2 teams in the league and AC is acting like God has finally spoken to him. :lol:

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Borriello would probably get very little game time if we were to sign him considering we're going to buy a striker of higher quality anyway. So why can't we just not care about signing him? I hate him as well but he would be an ok 3rd striker.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
1 of those goals being decisive to say the least. which is more than what could be said about the others who played against cesena
Boo-hoo. It was a goal, thanks a lot. The season simply does not end there.

more than your boy toy matri has done in the past three months
My boy toy? :lol:

Of course you had an agenda to love Borriello. You hate Matri. ;)

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Nobody noticed that he was in the midst of a dive, when the ball bounced off his head and bounced into the goal. No, but seriously, apart from his good attempt in the 2nd minute and the goal, he was pretty useless. In fact, for the last 30 minutes I didn't see him on the pitch, except when he showed up and blocked Padoin's shot and missed the easiest chance we had in the game. The improvement though is, that he dived less, tracked back more initially and of course got rid of the goalscoring curse. But for my money, Matri is miles ahead of him as a player, and I'll be gutted if we choose to retain Amanda Season 2 instead of Alex.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)