Marco Borriello (7 Viewers)

Do you want Borriello to stay, and do you think he will?

• I want him to stay, and I think he will :)

• I hope he leaves, but I think he'll stay :mad:

• I want him to stay, but I think he'll leave :sad:

• I think we'll ship his ass off. Good riddance! :D

• I want him to stay, but at a much lower price

Results are only viewable after voting.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Hmm, since the last time he played perhaps...
This was his worst, he barely kept hold of the ball 5 times all game. Whenever the ball came to him under pressure he fell to the floor. When the ball was over the other side of the pitch I even saw him fall to the floor. Does he wear slippers instead of boots? Twice he tried to make a 5 yard pass and hit the ball far too hard. He had two glancing headers first half and a defensive header from a corner in the second, that was basically his contribution in the match.

I know why Conte started him, but it was painful.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
I've decided not to hate on him. This is not his fault. This is how much he's capable of, if anything it's Conte's fault. He insisted on getting him in January, he insists on playing him, Conte is the one being stupid more than Boriello being Boriello.

Inglip

Jul 29, 2011
I've decided not to hate on him. This is not his fault. This is how much he's capable of, if anything it's Conte's fault. He insisted on getting him in January, he insists on playing him, Conte is the one being stupid more than Boriello being Boriello.
Even Boriello himself knows that its not his fault

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
This should be his last appearance.

I started wondering if there's some sort of a 10 million euros penalty Juve have to pay if he doesn't feature for a certain amount of matches. There's no other explanation for playing him and benching 3 much, much better players.

:tup: for Juve fans in the stadium for booing him.

May 22, 2007
This was his worst, he barely kept hold of the ball 5 times all game. Whenever the ball came to him under pressure he fell to the floor. When the ball was over the other side of the pitch I even saw him fall to the floor. Does he wear slippers instead of boots? Twice he tried to make a 5 yard pass and hit the ball far too hard. He had two glancing headers first half and a defensive header from a corner in the second, that was basically his contribution in the match.

I know why Conte started him, but it was painful.
It might have been against Milan or Bologna, I do remember him having a similarly useless match. But you're probably right, he started a Napoli counter.

I remember an incident in the first half (I said it in the LIVE thread) where there was one touch football between our midfield, then the ball was played to Borriello and he stumbled over and lost it, then looked over to the ref as if he'd been hacked down. It made me laugh. Juventus rarely makes me laugh when they're in a serious season, Toni was the last but at least he was useful.

OP
Fake Melo

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
  • Thread Starter #2,180
    Conte:"As for Borriello, he has quality and I feel if he had arrived in June to work with us pre-season, then he’d have a different experience here. He is growing and gave us a big hand today."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)