Marco Borriello (6 Viewers)

Do you want Borriello to stay, and do you think he will?

• I want him to stay, and I think he will :)

• I hope he leaves, but I think he'll stay :mad:

• I want him to stay, but I think he'll leave :sad:

• I think we'll ship his ass off. Good riddance! :D

• I want him to stay, but at a much lower price

Results are only viewable after voting.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
The guy is rubbish, has been for his entire career. Stop allowing your inclinations cloud your vision.
He has little over 0.33 goal / game. Hardly amazing, but then again Quags was a nobody before he came here ø and he certainly had an impact. You should stop thinking that you know anything about my inclinations.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
The January transfer window’s importance to the Serie A title race has only seemingly grown over the last couple of years. Just as Goran Pandev’s signing for Inter at the beginning of 2010 changed the shape of the Nerazzurri attack to send them hurtling towards a fifth straight title and an unprecedented treble, AC Milan’s capture of Mark van Bommel 12 months ago was a vital moment in the Rossoneri’s Scudetto success.
With that in mind, there will be few people surprised to see Juventus strengthening their squad ahead of the final 22 rounds of a season in which they have still to be beaten. But the decision to add Roma’s Marco Borriello to their ranks is surely one of the more bizarre choices to be made by a title contender in recent years.

The success of Andrea Pirlo’s move from Milan in the summer has appeared to go to Juve’s heads. Level on points with the midfielder’s former club at the top of the table, they find themselves right in the middle of a true title race for the first time since Calciopoli. However, their need for that added something in their attack will surely be helped little by the arrival of Borriello.
MARCO BORRIELLO'S RECENT RECORD

Season Club League Games League Goals Total Games
Total Goals
2006-07
Milan 9 1 14 3
2007-08
Genoa 35 19 37 19
2008-09
Milan 7 1 8 2
2009-10
Milan 29 14 35 15
2010-11
Milan 1 0 1 0
2010-11
Roma 34 11 46 17
2011-12
Roma 7 0 8 0
Total
122 46 149 56

The Neapolitan has reached double figures on the scoresheet only four times in his career
, and only three in the last decade, but more than that he has flattered to deceive when given any kind of real responsibility. When asked to lead the line and be the physical presence his former clubs have needed, he has largely fallen short.

One excellent season at newly-promoted Genoa in 2007-08 apart, Borriello has failed to stand out from the crowd. Fourteen goals in 29 games for Milan two years later looked decent on paper, but chances came cheaply in Leonardo’s ultra-attacking outfit, and a record of less than one in three for Roma doesn’t exactly speak of a striker full of confidence, especially when looking at his goalless 2011-12 return so far.

Never has he shown a real killer instinct in front of goal on a regular basis, yet it is that which Juve really need right now. With chances having been passed up by the Bianconeri time and again this term, the main factor behind their inability to reach the winter break in first place has been their lack of that cutting edge. And Borriello doesn’t strike as the man to supply it.

Games Goals
Games per goal
Vincenzo Iaquinta
Amauri
Marco Borriello
Luca Toni
*Figures taken from three seasons leading to transfer to Juventus

Add to that the very nature of his game, the key elements of his physique and playing style, and one wonders exactly how he is meant to be an asset to Antonio Conte’s pressing, energetic side. Slow and cumbersome, he has many of the characteristics – shortcomings included – of just those players he is meant to be replacing in the Juventus squad in Vincenzo Iaquinta, Amauri and Luca Toni. Borriello hardly springs off the page as the centre-forward that a Scudetto hopeful should be looking to add to their ranks.

While Pirlo’s addition was a stroke of genius, this move falls closer to the 'madness’ category, Conte’s claim in the past 24 hours that the club hope he can make a similar impact to his former Milan colleague shows a complete misunderstanding as to what Pirlo’s innate quality adds to his side while also massively overestimating the ability of Borriello.

If Juventus are to get the kick that Pandev and Van Bommel gave to their clubs’ title ambitions in recent years, then their January business must not end with the signing of Borriello.
Kris Voakes
http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/ed...goals-guile-marco-borriello-is-not-the-man-to

Very well said/written!!!
Pretty much repeated my stand from the very first day he was rumored.
And the fact that he has followed my exact arguments, means i dont just complain for everything, but i have solid reasons behind my criticism...

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
The January transfer window’s importance to the Serie A title race has only seemingly grown over the last couple of years. Just as Goran Pandev’s signing for Inter at the beginning of 2010 changed the shape of the Nerazzurri attack to send them hurtling towards a fifth straight title and an unprecedented treble, AC Milan’s capture of Mark van Bommel 12 months ago was a vital moment in the Rossoneri’s Scudetto success.
Don't Miss

Conte hopes Borriello can impress at Juve
Borriello 'honoured' to join Juventus

Borriello seals loan move to Juve
Agent: Borriello never rejected Juventus

With that in mind, there will be few people surprised to see Juventus strengthening their squad ahead of the final 22 rounds of a season in which they have still to be beaten. But the decision to add Roma’s Marco Borriello to their ranks is surely one of the more bizarre choices to be made by a title contender in recent years.

The success of Andrea Pirlo’s move from Milan in the summer has appeared to go to Juve’s heads. Level on points with the midfielder’s former club at the top of the table, they find themselves right in the middle of a true title race for the first time since Calciopoli. However, their need for that added something in their attack will surely be helped little by the arrival of Borriello.
MARCO BORRIELLO'S RECENT RECORD

Season Club League Games League Goals Total Games
Total Goals
2006-07
Milan 9 1 14 3
2007-08
Genoa 35 19 37 19
2008-09
Milan 7 1 8 2
2009-10
Milan 29 14 35 15
2010-11
Milan 1 0 1 0
2010-11
Roma 34 11 46 17
2011-12
Roma 7 0 8 0
Total
122 46 149 56

The Neapolitan has reached double figures on the scoresheet only four times in his career, and only three in the last decade, but more than that he has flattered to deceive when given any kind of real responsibility. When asked to lead the line and be the physical presence his former clubs have needed, he has largely fallen short.

One excellent season at newly-promoted Genoa in 2007-08 apart, Borriello has failed to stand out from the crowd. Fourteen goals in 29 games for Milan two years later looked decent on paper, but chances came cheaply in Leonardo’s ultra-attacking outfit, and a record of less than one in three for Roma doesn’t exactly speak of a striker full of confidence, especially when looking at his goalless 2011-12 return so far.

Never has he shown a real killer instinct in front of goal on a regular basis, yet it is that which Juve really need right now. With chances having been passed up by the Bianconeri time and again this term, the main factor behind their inability to reach the winter break in first place has been their lack of that cutting edge. And Borriello doesn’t strike as the man to supply it.
STRIKING RICH? | Differing records arriving in Turin

Games Goals
Games per goal
Vincenzo Iaquinta
Amauri
Marco Borriello
Luca Toni
*Figures taken from three seasons leading to transfer to Juventus

Add to that the very nature of his game, the key elements of his physique and playing style, and one wonders exactly how he is meant to be an asset to Antonio Conte’s pressing, energetic side. Slow and cumbersome, he has many of the characteristics – shortcomings included – of just those players he is meant to be replacing in the Juventus squad in Vincenzo Iaquinta, Amauri and Luca Toni. Borriello hardly springs off the page as the centre-forward that a Scudetto hopeful should be looking to add to their ranks.

While Pirlo’s addition was a stroke of genius, this move falls closer to the 'madness’ category, Conte’s claim in the past 24 hours that the club hope he can make a similar impact to his former Milan colleague shows a complete misunderstanding as to what Pirlo’s innate quality adds to his side while also massively overestimating the ability of Borriello.

If Juventus are to get the kick that Pandev and Van Bommel gave to their clubs’ title ambitions in recent years, then their January business must not end with the signing of Borriello.
Kris Voakes
http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/ed...goals-guile-marco-borriello-is-not-the-man-to

Very well said/written!!!
So to back up your negative feelings toward Juventus you quote an article from the hacks at Goal.com ?

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
So to back up your negative feelings toward Juventus you quote an article from the hacks at Goal.com ?
Not negative feelings, objective feelings, i call it as i see it, no matter if the truth is ugly or not!
And ppl just hate me, with passion, for not being delusional and disrupt them from their slumber...

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
Not negative feelings, objective feelings, i call it as i see it, no matter if the truth is ugly or not!
And ppl just hate me, with passion, for not being delusional and disrupt them from their slumber...
I dont hate you, you are just to conspiratorial and negative. You can call it objective, but objectivity usually shows a bit of both sides, you never veer from your anti ItalJuve bs. No matter contrary evidence so no you're not objective

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Honestly, considering how conservative Conte is in regards to changing his line up (just look at Quags as an example) - how much playing time do you think Boriello will get? Conte needs to think about dressing room harmony here, simply giving Boriello a start or something might seriously infuriate Quags and Elia for that matter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)