Marco Borriello (1 Viewer)

Do you want Borriello to stay, and do you think he will?

• I want him to stay, and I think he will :)

• I hope he leaves, but I think he'll stay :mad:

• I want him to stay, but I think he'll leave :sad:

• I think we'll ship his ass off. Good riddance! :D

• I want him to stay, but at a much lower price

Results are only viewable after voting.

Flamez

Feb 7, 2011
If he's gonna play as a targetman, why are people saying he's going to be used against the small teams? What the hell, this season, the few situations we needed a targetman were against Udinese and Roma (?) and simply because we used two wingers rather than two forwards and one winger.

Couldn't Matri do that job though? Isn't he a typical front man?

Where the hell is Borrielo supposed to play anyway? He's not really good at anything.
Bench, adding depth to the team. (I hope!)

Matri >>> Borriello

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bianconero90

0.5m for the loan and 7.5m € for the option to buy.
Those numbers are just great! Very good job Marotta. I think Borriello could do well here. And he's gonna put pressure on Matri, thats good!

Jul 1, 2010
You do know Conte has nothing to say about these things? This is Italy, not England. In Italy the culture around these things are different. He just tells Marotta how he wants to play and what types of players he wants and Marotta makes the decisions. He's not a manager like Ferguson, Marotta is the sporting director and he's the one responsible for the signings because in the end he'll be the one getting blame if they fail.
If Marotta operated without Conte's approval, we'd have Inler instead of Vidal and Ziegler would still play for us.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Look at that hair. Looks like he is about to invade Poland.
:lol:
I think the thought behind this move is that Borriello fits our system in a way that for example Gilardino does not. Borriello is strong as an ox. We lack a little bit of physique up front. I think Borriello has been brought in to outwrestle defenders, hold the ball up etc. A striker like him can prove very useful against smaller sides. Remember, we attack with our entire team. We don't play a dull 4-4-2 where we just rely on our strikers to score. Every player we field can actually end up scoring. Hopefully, Borriello will score a few as well, but I actually think that his main job will be to be that really strong guy up front that will contribute to our attacking flow.
Amauri. :touched:

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Yeah I suppose Amauri did some of those things, but the thing that let Amauri down in the end was his horrible acceleration and him being so god damn slow. Technically, and physically, he's not a bad player. But he's like a freaking SNAIL. My grandmother could outrun him.

Anyway, regarding Borriello... All I really have to say is: In Conte we trust.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Yes, we know it's a bit different, but you just contradicted yourself. You're saying Conte has nothing to say about these things, yet you acknowledge the fact that Conte gives Marotta a list of players he wants.

Marotta is the one making the final decisions, this is true. But Borriello has been pointed out by Conte, no doubt about it.
No, I never said which specific players Conte wants. Conte tells Marotta how he wants to play and what kinds of player characteristics he's looking for and Marotta does the rest. Conte doesn't pick the specific players, thats Marotta's job. Its also Marotta's job to figure out if he wants to spend a lot of money or not, loan or not, young or old etc etc when finding that player. For example, if Conte is looking for a versatile defender, Marotta could either go low budget and sign Caceres or spend more money and get Ivanovic for example.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
No, I never said which specific players Conte wants. Conte tells Marotta how he wants to play and what kinds of player characteristics he's looking for and Marotta does the rest. Conte doesn't pick the specific players, thats Marotta's job. Its also Marotta's job to figure out if he wants to spend a lot of money or not, loan or not, young or old etc etc.
This isn't always true. Juventus is a company and companies try to ensure that they are run efficiently. Of course Marotta is gonna double check with Conte before he brings a player in. There's no point in signing a specific player if that player is gonna end up on the bench all the time. The coach must approve.

Just check out the Allegri/Galliani-cooperation. They're much more open about these things, and this is how they do it.

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
It's a decent deal considering the money involved in the deal, we get rid of Amauri and Iaq/Toni, make Borriello scores us a few goals (he's very good at volleying the ball if I remember rightly), then send his ass back to Rome in June, everyone will come out a winner in this situation.

OP
Fake Melo

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
  • Thread Starter #52
    You do know Conte has nothing to say about these things? This is Italy, not England. In Italy the culture around these things are different. He just tells Marotta how he wants to play and what types of players he wants and Marotta makes the decisions. He's not a manager like Ferguson, Marotta is the sporting director and he's the one responsible for the signings because in the end he'll be the one getting blame if they fail.
    Conte has a lot to say in this. Why do you think Ziegler was shipped off? Would Marotta sign Lichtsteiner for €10 mill or Cassani for €4-5 mill? I thought it was clear to everyone. Conte turned down Alex and preferred Vidal to Inler as well.

And you are right, it's Italy, not England.

Marotta, Paratici, Nedved and Conte goes through everything before signing a player.

Suns

Release clause?
    May 22, 2009
    This isn't always true. Juventus is a company and companies try to ensure that they are run efficiently. Of course Marotta is gonna double check with Conte before he brings a player in. There's no point in signing a specific player if that player is gonna end up on the bench all the time. The coach must approve.

Just check out the Allegri/Galliani-cooperation. They're much more open about these things, and this is how they do it.
    I remember reading about this before and some Italian sporting director said that what if the coach gets fired? What if Conte ends up fired? Then you have a bunch of players he wanted. Also, its not really Conte's job to scout other players, thats Marotta's job. I'm pretty certain this is how it works.

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
    Conte has a lot to say in this. Why do you think Ziegler was shipped off? Would Marotta sign Lichtsteiner for €10 mill or Cassani for €4-5 mill? I thought it was clear to everyone. Conte turned down Alex and preferred Vidal to Inler as well.

And you are right, it's Italy, not England.

Marotta, Paratici, Nedved and Conte goes through everything before signing a player.
    I would dare say Conte has more input in our transfers of any manager since Capello or even Lippi. He defintely is influential.

OP
    Fake Melo

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
    Sep 3, 2010
  • Thread Starter #56
    I remember reading about this before and some Italian sporting director said that what if the coach gets fired? What if Conte ends up fired? Then you have a bunch of players he wanted. Also, its not really Conte's job to scout other players, thats Marotta's job. I'm pretty certain this is how it works.
    It's Paratici's job to scout players, but that's not the point. It doesn't work like Conte says I want a CM and Marotta without asking Conte buys Palombo.

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
    Jun 9, 2011
    Not only are you wrong, but if you look at teams who change coaches they always change players when a new coach comes in to suit the NEW coach, Conte after Del Nieri, Mou when he came to inter, etc etc

OP
    Fake Melo

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
    Sep 3, 2010
  • Thread Starter #59
    I can't believe we are even having this discussion. Just this summer Giaccherini said Conte specifically wanted him here.

Why did Pepe say that Conte called him and said he is staying when he was linked with Russian clubs? I thought Marotta just bought and sold players without asking Conte?

Gabriel

Killed By Death
    May 23, 2010
    If you have the idea of firing your coach in the back of your mind then why support him in the first place? Surely if there's such a lack of confidence is pretty obvious that you should sort your coach out before any transfers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)