Marco Amelia to Juve? (3 Viewers)

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Amelia Admits Palermo Interest

The Livorno keeper is wanted by the Rosanero in order to replace the aging Fontana in goal.

Marco Amelia will be one of the most sought after players this summer as various clubs are lining up for the Italian international goalkeeper, with Juventus being tipped as favourites to sign him if Gigi Buffon decides to leave the Bianconeri.

However, in the meantime, Amelia has admitted to Radio Action that so far Palermo are the only team who have approached him and Sicily would be a destination he would quite fancy.

"The negotiation exists, I know that Palermo wants me and I'm very flattered about this.

"Palermo is surely a more important club than Livorno, so if I would join the Rosanero I would be satisfied because I will be able to aim for the top positions in the standings."

Livorno only managed to achieve the mathematical certainty of remaining in the topflight last weekend, whereas Palermo will be playing in the Uefa Cup next year.

Goal.com

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Is this real??

---------------------------------------------

Amelia Wants Livorno Exit

Marco Amelia's adventure at Livorno is coming to an end as the international goalkeeper is looking for a destination away from the Tuscan side following the difficult rapport with President Aldo Spinelli.

"I don't want to be ever with him," declared Amelia. "It's like playing against everything, even against those who ask you to exit the Uefa Cup which we were playing for the first time."

Amelia has been tipped to be the number one choice for Juventus if Gianluigi Buffon leaves the Bianconeri this summer, but in case that deal does not go through, then Palermo will be in the driver's seat to sign young keeper who also scored a goal this year in a Uefa Cup match.

In January Amelia was close to a move to a Russian side, but the deal fell through and Spinelli was 'forced' to keep the troubled goalkeeper.

In the meantime, the President of Livorno is considering giving a heavy fine to his player following these comments.

Goal.com

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
If Alena succeeded in luring Buffon to stay, we'd be in no need for Amelia. I trust her natural capabilities, I just hope she is a Juventina. :D

Mali

Aug 24, 2006
If Buffon leave, i certainly want an Italian to be our next Gk.

World-Class Gk don't tend to move around easily just like Schmeikal, Kahn, Seaman, Cech, etc.. So, the best that we can get is a very promising Gk.

And bear in mind that a successful GK in Italian History is mostly a Juventini..Gianpiero Combi, Carlo Ceresoli, Zoff, Tacconi, Peruzzi, Buffon..

No disrespect to Buffon tough, but when he is coming to Juve, he is not yet a world-class Gk also...

I believe that Amelia can be just as good as Buffon in the near future if he come to Juve...The Old LADY will teach him how to be a great Goalkeeper :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)