Marco Amelia to Juve? (6 Viewers)

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Livorno President Aldo Spinelli has hit out at Marco Amelia after his comments following the dismissal of Coach Daniele Arrigoni. “I want to sell him,” he stated.

The outspoken chief sacked the tactician after the 5-1 hammering against Atalanta on Sunday, causing the entire team’s furious reaction.

Captain Cristiano Lucarelli stated that he supported the ex-Cagliari boss and goalkeeper Amelia confirmed that his teammates wanted Arrigoni to stay.

“Amelia has a sharp tongue, like all Romans,” said Spinelli in an interview to GR Parlamento. “I hope I will be able to sell him in January, otherwise he will sit on the bench.

“I tried to teach him good manners, but he ended on the bench in every club he played for. I hope he immediately finds a new outfit.”

Spinelli, whose side is only four points shy of the Champions League spots, also replied to Lucarelli, who hinted that he might take drastic measures if the situation does not improve.

“He is the captain, but if the team wanted to save Arrigoni they should have all played better – words mean nothing now. In any case, Lucarelli is contracted for another five years.”

The President will meet with the board of directors on Monday, but is set to confirm his decision.

“I do not believe I will change my mind, we earned three points in eight matches with a 26-man squad. We have no excuses for yesterday, we either failed the preparation or the formation.”

Bortolo Mutti and Serse Cosmi are both being paired with the Tuscan minnows, although it seems that the latter’s financial requests might be considered excessive by the outfit.

-channel4.com

roberto*baggio

*Roberto Baggio*
Dec 3, 2006
that would be great if he could join juventus he ia a tlaented goalkeeper and young one too and he could replace buffon in about 3-4 years beside i get panic when that mirante takes position

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Chimonkey was the worst keeper Juve had the last decade...
He was not a serie A player and was a disgrace to wear the black and white jersey,

Amelia's clean sheets >>>> Mirante's

:agree: :agree:
sorry but u seem to be forgetting who won us those pre season shoot outs, and was one of our best players wen he came up against inter, and who stopped oddo's peno run of 4 yrs at cagliari, and is the main factor as to why cagliari are still in serie A

if he was a disgrace to wear our shirt, then god knows what word to use for zlatans excuse for gracing our maglia

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
And you seem to forget his struggle to loose a championship for us against Milan,
his almost non existant cleen sheets, a keeper cannot be judged by one lucky or bad day,
remember his extremely poor passing abilities?
his mediocre positioning, laughable reflexes/reactions, off time intervention, inability to react against any kind of air attacks, inabilty to catch/block the ball at any circumstances and the effect of the black hole he tends to create between the bars he is trusted to guard each time?
he was a waste of time,wage and space
and he managed to confirm that to me, almost every single time he played,
there were games with 2-3 goals on target and he somehow managed to concede 1-2 goals!!
Thank God he is history, he brought us no money but at least there is a wage less to pay and some space for some other keeper with real potential and future...
i ve heard regular football did him good, good for him...
better for us.
I thought your title was a sarcastic/ironic attack on him,
i still cant believe the hidden affection from your side,
thats a rare thing!! i have nothing personal against you and i dont want to keep this debate any longer, dont take it personal, its just happened to consider Chimenti one of the worst keepers i ve seen with the Juve jersey the last 10 years...
But i do not hate Chimenti, its not his fault he wasnt Juve material(it was so obvious to me and i just hated the fact, that it took so painfully a lot of time, for our managers to realise that),
i understand your hate on Zlatan though and i m sure i dont share not even 1% of your hate on Zlatan on Chimenti...

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
And you seem to forget his struggle to loose a championship for us against Milan,
his almost non existant cleen sheets, a keeper cannot be judged by one lucky or bad day,
remember his extremely poor passing abilities?
his mediocre positioning, laughable reflexes/reactions, off time intervention, inability to react against any kind of air attacks, inabilty to catch/block the ball at any circumstances and the effect of the black hole he tends to create between the bars he is trusted to guard each time?
he was a waste of time,wage and space
and he managed to confirm that to me, almost every single time he played,
there were games with 2-3 goals on target and he somehow managed to concede 1-2 goals!!
Thank God he is history, he brought us no money but at least there is a wage less to pay and some space for some other keeper with real potential and future...
i ve heard regular football did him good, good for him...
better for us.
I thought your title was a sarcastic/ironic attack on him,
i still cant believe the hidden affection from your side,
thats a rare thing!! i have nothing personal against you and i dont want to keep this debate any longer, dont take it personal, its just happened to consider Chimenti one of the worst keepers i ve seen with the Juve jersey the last 10 years...
But i do not hate Chimenti, its not his fault he wasnt Juve material(it was so obvious to me and i just hated the fact, that it took so painfully a lot of time, for our managers to realise that),
i understand your hate on Zlatan though and i m sure i dont share not even 1% of your hate on Zlatan on Chimenti...
so 1 bad performance against milan makes him sh*t? oh yeah that totally justifies all the other matches he played in which i dont recall any catastrophic results.

Jul 23, 2006
Another row is brewing at Livorno, as President Aldo Spinelli suggested Marco Amelia should be benched while his transfer status remains unresolved.

“The transfer market ruins players,” he told ‘Teleradiostereo Sport’. “Amelia has always been an exceptional goalkeeper, but with the multi-million pound deals he has been offered, I am worried he’ll lose concentration.”

The comments come just hours after Lazio froze Massimo Oddo out of the squad against Milan – the team he is set to join.

“When a player reaches the level of the Biancocelesti captain, you have to let him go. One has to face reality. In my view, Lazio did well in not playing him against Milan, because he’d be under too much pressure.”

The tension between Spinelli and Amelia has been growing rapidly with negotiations to join Spartak Moscow, but above all following the firing and re-hiring of Daniele Arrigoni.

The Coach was sacked after the 5-1 defeat to Atalanta only to be brought back two days later when the squad protested.

Amelia was at the forefront of the discussion and the President later noted he had “a sharp tongue and should be careful.”

Spinelli is well known for his argumentative nature and insists he was correct to sack Roberto Donadoni – who went on to become Italy Coach – when his team was in fifth place at the start of 2006.

“We argued over Nikola Lazetic. I wanted to keep him and he didn’t. Donadoni is a great man, but the facts proved I was right.”

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
Amelia open to Lazio and Juve

Livorno keeper Marco Amelia has admitted he would be interested in moving to Lazio or Juventus - but insists that he is focused on their battle to stay up.

The highly-rated shot-stopper - who has been capped by Italy - was speaking about speculation linking him with a return to the city of his birth, Rome.

"I lived in Rome for 11 years and Lazio would be something I would consider," Amelia told Teleradiostereo. "Rome is my city and in terms of location is would be a fascinating destination."

Amelia was a youth-team player at Lazio's city rivals Roma and while he found it tough not to be offered terms there, he bears no grudges.

"When I left Roma it was really hard for me for a number of years, but I got over it," he continued. "I'm not still angry about that and if I did join Lazio it would be a professional decision and not out of any need to get revenge. Angelo Peruzzi is a great example of a goalkeeper who went onto great things there."

Amelia has also recently been linked with Juventus, with the Serie A leaders tipped to be ready to sell Gianluigi Buffon in the summer, a proposal he would not turn down.

"I have read about this in the papers," the 25-year-old admitted. "For sure it's flattering to be on their radar, to play for them would be a great career move.

He has also been linked with moves to Manchester United and Arsenal but is keen to remain in his homeland, with Milan also linked.

"I know about interest from foreign clubs," he said. "But I would prefer to stay in Italy.

"Despite all this I am, however, training hard and want to give my all to keep Livorno in Serie A."
Source: Eurosport

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)