Marchisio: "A good three points but..." (2 Viewers)

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005

It wasn't his first time wearing the captain's armband, but perhaps it feels a bit more special on the opening day of Serie A. "It's always a proud moment," Claudio Marchisio stressed, a happy man after his side's start to the season. "We won and that's what we wanted. We'll take the three points but we know we have to keep on improving. I don't think there was much difference between the two halves because we did create chances when we increased the tempo in the first period. But we have to build on this, and we should make the most of the fact that we don't have any cup fixtures yet to work properly during the week and prepare for the next test."
Alongside him is a player he could turn out to be one of the surprises of the season: "I'm not at all surprised by how well Asamoah has settled in. He's got great physical and technical qualities, everything needed to be a success at Juve."
Claudio was asked for his view on the additional assistant referees. "When we stepped out onto the pitch, I said 'How many of you are there?' I was joking of course but I must say that having two extra sets of eyes is a good thing – we saw that with Andrea's goal." And on Conte: "He's still important for us but Carrera also has the experience and character to guide us during the game."

Source: Juventus.com

Buy on AliExpress.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)