Marcelo Zalayeta (4 Viewers)

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
++ [ originally posted by ZhiXin ] ++
Anyway, Zala is always dependable when called upon. He knows that he would be a 4th striker, yet he stayed on and persevere, never complains, and performs when called upon. He may lack talent and pace, yet he uses his huge body size and his never giving up attitude to give us a hard-earned win most of the time. He even helps us in the defence. I would love to have him in our club, maybe till retirement.
Indeed. He never moans and is a model professional. Because he plays so little I would expect him to leave in the near future however, but I doubt we could get a similar backup striker.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
Dear supporters,

I’m writing you a few hours after the win over Real. I don’t think I’ll ever forget this match and even more so the 11’ minutes into the second half of the extra time. The thrill that goal gave me is something I just can’t describe.

I had already scored such an important goal in Champions’ League two years ago against Barcelona but last night’s will remain unique: the whole stadium standing up and your scream accompaning the ball to the goal, my team mates’ embrace.. if I think about it it still thrills me!

It’s been an unforgettable night, as I was saying, but now we must concentrate on our work: we really don’t want this win to be an end in itself! On the contrary, it must stimulate us to keep on winning, in Champions’ League as well as in Serie A.
As far as I’m concerned, I have a certainty and a hope: the certainty is that I’m part of an exceptional club who will be able to fulfill great wishes, the hope is that of scoring a goal capable of thrilling me even more than the one I scored last Wednesday.. and why not in Istanbul on May, 25th.

I send you a hug and thank you for the support you gave us against Real: we also owe it to you if we won.

Marcelo Zalayeta

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Zala was strong in the Fall and has had some weaker play to begin this year. But overall, I'd have to say that he's been more of an impact player than, say, Crespo has for Milan this season.

Mar 6, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Mr. Gol ] ++

Indeed. He never moans and is a model professional. Because he plays so little I would expect him to leave in the near future however, but I doubt we could get a similar backup striker.
He isn't going to be a backup striker anymore, because I have a strong suspicion that Cappello is gonna keep with the tridente that has been succesful thus far, and keep rotating the players in and out... You gotta admit, even superstars need a rest..

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
I really cannot imagine that our old defensive Capello would use the trident formation with only 4 strikers, and Zala proved his worth in it. He performs for us in big + small games we had this season. I hope he gets a 1st place spot from now on, cos I can't wait to see this guy terroising the opposition defence time and time again.

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
Zalayeta has taken alot of shit from supporters online through the years. And now suddenly it turns over.
That's professional football I guess. Zalayeta is a great player, never the less.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
Sadly he will continue to get stick from the supporters a couple years on,look how he knocked out Barca,a year later fans were bashing him and calling him horrid names.

Dec 26, 2004
Guys if ya wanna compare Zalayeta with Ronaldinho then of course he deserve all of this bashing and more, but we all know he is not that teype of player and not even close of this class...

Zala have been our 4th or 5th strickers in the past few years, I have say before and I will say it again, Zala is the best 4th stricker in the proffesional world of football....

GRK

Guitar God
Oct 19, 2004
++ [ originally posted by ZhiXin ] ++
I really think Zala should marry a spanish woman cuz he proved how good he can do on ****'n thier lovely @ss...at least to Madrid + Barca

Zalayeta, the nightmare of the Spaniards.
Zalayeta: "No way u will win, I'm ur nightmare.......hahahahahahaha"
Yeah, he is like a god against them.
Never sell him! He is VERY useful.
And I love that he's OK on being on the bench and still gives 100% when he plays.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)