Marcelo Zalayeta (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

peckface

approaching curve
Oct 3, 2004
Haha _Emerson now i see why you attacked me last night, figured it was you who started this thread. Feel free to agree or disagree with my opinions, thats what they for, but don't ever attack anybody personaly because you dont agree.

ontopic: You know what i think about Zalayeta. I would rather see Capello give Kapo a chance.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
i'm beginning to question what i myself said of zala's ability(or rather, lack of it).the lad's worked very hard and clearly picked up a couple of pointers from del piero and nedved and worked on them.

forza Zala.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Since we bought him I always had a quiet hope that he would be a great. He barely played, he was loaned and finally when he was tossed to Sevilla I thought he would never break through. Glad to say I was wrong. :cool:

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I can't begin to describe how much the lad's improved. His confidence, pace and control have increased at least tenfold, and I'd chuckle heartily if he keeps up his form and challenges Trezeguet for a first team shirt after the surgery :D

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
What's interesting is the kind of faith Lippi showed in him during the CL final against Milan, a couple of seasons ago. He clearly saw Zala's talent, but unfortunately it seemed, Zala was a talent who dint have the opportunity. Im glad to see that is slowly changing. And he's making the most of every chance he's given. Its always nice to see a silent hardworking guy, get the praise hes rightfully earned.

xziz

Aug 30, 2004
Zalayeta is the best for his role. He is the fourth forward of the team. He works hard, he is always ready when called, he scores when needed, and he never, ever ever complains.

I like him a lot. I think with people like Zalayeta we can win anything, especially we can win the final in Champions. Because it takes a lot of spirit of personal sacrifice to be able to achieve results for the whole team.

He has his weakpoints and strongpoints like many other forwards. The important thing, is that his strongpoints are what Capello needs for this Juventus, e.g. replacing Trezeguet, the tall and strong terminal of Juventus plays.

He is slow I admit, but his tecnical skills are complete and his physical strength command respect from defenders.

xziz :cool:

xziz

Aug 30, 2004
It is just that sometimes I do not write the post I just repost an article. I those cases I do not find it convenient to have my signature at the bottom, since I did not write it in the first place.

xziz :down:

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
It's great to see Zala willing to wait + sacrifice and can score when he is needed. Never complains and has already scored 4 serie A goals, tieing with DP, Trez + Zlatan. I'm sure Cappelo will be pleased with his performance and may include Zala in the 1st team line-up. I don't know if the rotational system of the striker works. But this is wad I propose.

Trez- DP Zlatan-Zala
Trez- Zlatan DP-Zala
Trez-Zala DP-Zlatan

But 1 bad point, all 4 of them may get upset by this system.
Juz my 2 cents of thoughts.

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
++ [ originally posted by ZhiXin ] ++
It's great to see Zala willing to wait + sacrifice and can score when he is needed. Never complains and has already scored 4 serie A goals, tieing with DP, Trez + Zlatan. I'm sure Cappelo will be pleased with his performance and may include Zala in the 1st team line-up. I don't know if the rotational system of the striker works. But this is wad I propose.

Trez- DP Zlatan-Zala
Trez- Zlatan DP-Zala
Trez-Zala DP-Zlatan

But 1 bad point, all 4 of them may get upset by this system.
Juz my 2 cents of thoughts.
agree.. all 4 of them will get upset and the them dont actually profit from changing the style of play everytime... we need one definite patern to build on....one good side though is whoever picked as the top 2 knows JUve will have no problem replacing them if they dont anything but the best..

44BigBert

Aug 20, 2004
i start to feel guilty by saying all the bad things to zala before. he indeed gets a big improvement from last 2 years and he is the main reason why our record is so good this season. at least his good performence can give DP a rest, no need to play every match. he helps DP to get back his form as well.

peckface

approaching curve
Oct 3, 2004
Zala suprised me in a very positive way. But still, I don't think it matter if he scores in every game, he will still be the fourth. I don't see Capello benching DP, Zlatan nor Trez for Zala. I think he knows this too, and if I were him i would really hate Zlatan!!!! GOTTAM YOU ZLATAN :groan:

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Zalayeta is showing signs of a top-class striker(he is quite a complete striker, while most of us thought he was just a big clumsy sloth). Who would've expected that ?

On the other hand he does have a solid team to back him up and more than decent support and assists to work with.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by xziz ] ++
It is just that sometimes I do not write the post I just repost an article. I those cases I do not find it convenient to have my signature at the bottom, since I did not write it in the first place.

xziz :down:
No worries bro. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)