Marcelo Salas (2 Viewers)

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
Marcelo Salas insists that Juventus are in pole position to retain their title this season and warns he will fight Marco Di Vaio for his spot.

“I am ready and waiting for Marcello Lippi’s call,” noted the Chilean striker, “and Juventus are just as prepared to fight off challenges from Milan and Inter.”

“These two teams made the biggest splash on the transfer market and Alessandro Nesta, Hernan Crespo and Rivaldo are extraordinary scoops for them, but the Bianconeri have made the most intelligent buys.”

The former Lazio man has not had a chance to make his mark on Juve as he suffered a devastating knee injury just weeks after his move from the Stadio Olimpico.

“We have retained the skeleton of a squad that already won the Scudetto last season,” continued Salas, “and included only a few necessary additions. It’s an intelligent tactic and one that worked for Roma in the last few years.”

He is back to full fitness now and impressed pre-season, but the arrival of Marco Di Vaio could push him out of the limelight once more.

“I don’t think Di Vaio’s signing represents a lack of faith in my own abilities,” warns the 27-year-old. “I am relaxed and ready to give my contribution. The club had the opportunity to buy an important player and did well to take it.”

“I am particularly satisfied,” he added, “as in recent friendly games I was able to play 90 minutes twice in the space of three days. That’s the first time in eight months I have gone through an entire match.”

The return of David Trezeguet from injury would further crowd out the Chilean hitman.

“There are three or four strikers vying for one spot, but between Serie A and the Champions’ League I think I’ll get the space I believe I deserve.”

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
I love how positive he is...i dont care if he's realistic or not, but this article (and the rest of the teams' articles) show that the team has a positive mood and that they are getting a long well.....
i find this very comforting.
i just hope the last piece of this summer's off-the-field action is resolved sucsesfully : the Davids Saga.

For once we have 5 Happy strickers! Not like 2 years ago when we had Inzaghi, and Kovacevic complaining constantly of the bench.

FORZA JUVENTUS

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
Out of favour Marcelo Salas has rubbished claims that he wants to leave Juventus in January.

Reports recently have suggested that the Chilean striker in unhappy with the lack of first team chances and is eyeing a quick exit.

However, Salas has denied those stories on Thursday maintaining that he is confident he will get his chance.

"I’m fine here and I am calm about the situation. I haven’t had that many opportunities in this start to the season but I’m sure there will be moments later in the campaign," he said.

"It is just important to be ready when required. It is not easy to win a first team place here but it is fascinating being at this club. I’m remaining upbeat even if there is a limit to everything."

Salas, signed from Lazio last summer, is seemingly Marcello Lippi’s fourth choice striker behind Alex Del Piero, Marco Di Vaio and David Trezeguet.

A fact outlined against Newcastle on Tuesday when the rusty Trezeguet replaced Di Vaio, instead of Salas.

"When I sat on the bench alongside Trezeguet I did think that only one of us would get a chance to play. Seeing as he had just recovered from injury I think it was right that he should get a run out," he added.

"But I was happy for him because we are great friends. It is important to remain calm and keep working hard at this club. It is more important to think about the good of the side rather than yourself."

Loppan

Jul 13, 2002
I'm having an argument with a guy who claims that Salas isn't in Juventus A-team and that he is still injured. I'm claiming that is isn't injured anymore and that he played some matches.

I'm right, right?

Jul 12, 2002
I would be fine with Salas leaving as long as there was another quality striker coming in to replace him, but I would rather sell Di Vaio, as I like El Matador better.

Aug 28, 2002
Yeah River is supposedly interested in Salas.. and I don't think Salas would hesitate to return to a club and supporters which idolised him no? And in the meantime we can swipe.. uh convince River to part with D'Alessandro and Cavenaghi :D

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
that would be great :thumb:

we neeed a playmaker!!

We dont have enough in that role as we do in the attacking role.
So D'Ale will see more playing time if he were to arrive than what Salas sees now.

"The Bianconeri are said to be keen to take Fernando Cavenaghi, Andreas D’Alessandro and Martin Demichelis in exchange for Salas."

so from this article, it looks like juve would get both Cavinaghi in addition to D'Ale for Salas :thumb: though he might not get enough playing time....we just spend a lot of $$$ on Di Vaio.
though i hear that Di Vaio's contract status is 1 year loan. so if juve get cavinaghi, Di Vaio might see the door since i dont think juve will have DP, TREZ, DV, Cavinaghi, and Zalayetta all in one team!!! that sounds too scary!!

possibility:
In: D'ale, Cavinaghi, Sculli (YOUNG = JUVENTUS)
out: Salas, Di Vaio, Zalayetta (get some $$$$)

this looks great to me.... + juve will gain $$$ if this happens.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)