Marcelo Lippis mother is dead (1 Viewer)

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
A friend told me the sad news. That Lippis mother died earlier today after a long illness. May she rest in peace. I thank her for giving birth to our beloved Lippi.

I will post the source later.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
source is channel4

Tavano gets Azzurri chance? Saturday 29 April, 2006
Francesco Tavano, Marco Marchionni and Filippo Inzaghi could be the new faces for Marcello Lippi’s Italy get-together next week.

The Coach will name the list of between 26 and 28 players on Sunday for the informal gathering at the Borghesiana training complex on May 2 and 3.

Christian Vieri will not be there due to a left knee injury that has all but ruled him out of the running for a World Cup spot.

The Monaco forward hasn’t set foot on the field since March 27, when he damaged ligaments in a clash with Paris Saint-Germain’s Mendy.

As Lippi needs another striker to complete his squad for the tournament, he’ll use this event to evaluate his options.

Milan hitman Inzaghi should return to the Azzurri fold after two and a half years, while Udinese’s Vincenzo Iaquinta and Livorno Capocannoniere Cristiano Lucarelli are other options.

There should also be a new candidate, as Empoli striker Tavano has excelled this season with 17 Serie A goals.

Lippi is expected to look at alternatives for midfield roles too, with Parma’s impressive winger Marchionni given his first call since the 1-0 win over Romania on November 16, 2003.

Other potential new faces include Chievo wide man Franco Semioli and Fiorentina creative centre Stefano Fiore.

Due to the Coppa Italia Final on May 3, the Azzurri boss will not call in any players from Inter or Roma, while Milan defender Alessandro Nesta is injured.

Italy Coach Lippi was in London this weekend, but has flown back to Viareggio following the death of his mother, Adele, who had been suffering from a long illness.

OP
Daddi

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
  • Thread Starter #8
    Thanks for posting the source Stephan. Sad news indeed. I hope Italy and Lippi can win it, for his mother.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)