Marcelo Estigarribia - LW - Deportivo Maldonado (19 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Let's be honest, how many people on this board knew the good signings that Palermo or Udinese unearthed before they joined? Next to none. Most know the likes of Neymar, half for the likes of Lamela, this is the sub category of players, the likes that Moggi used to gamble with. The difference being that he already made a great team and there was little to no risk, if he was no good there were others to play. Three unproven players will be the current options at LW as it stands.
We are not in a position to gamble on players like Palermo and Udinese do. We have to achieve goals not hope for miracles. Then again Palermo and Udinese gamble on much younger players, not 40 years old Estegarribia.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
We are not in a position to gamble on players like Palermo and Udinese do. We have to achieve goals not hope for miracles. Then again Palermo and Udinese gamble on much younger players, not 40 years old Estegarribia.
you have a valid point there, JCK...but given our consecutive 7th place finishs and the lack of european football, its mighty hard for ANY sporting director to attract proven world class quality. honestly, I am far more excited by gabriel appelt, than Estigarribia. But like everyone else, I have seen nothing of either in a juve shirt, or in serie A. So...I am just choosing to stay positive and hopeful. We have signed, and are apparently in the process of signing, many new players. The revolution of last summer repeated once again, BUT...I think its more than mere optimism, to write that our movements in the mercato this summer have definitely improved the general quality level, and also addressed some problem areas...and...there remains a week to go!

forza juve

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
We would be if we had a proper starting LW, which is really my point.

It's often said on this forum how we don't take chances on the odd South American player like those teams do.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
From Gazzetta

Marcelo Alejandro Estigarribia Balmori è arrivato a Torino per fare le visite mediche con la Juventus. Ventiquattro anni, esterno sinistro paraguaiano, è reduce da una grande Coppa America, persa solo in finale contro l'Uruguay. Juventus e Cerro Porteño hanno già trovato un accordo di massima per il cartellino: prestito oneroso con diritto di riscatto obbligatorio già fissato, 400mila subito e 5 milioni l'anno prossimo.

He's arrived in Turin to do his medical, 24 year old Paraguayan who had a great Copa America only losing in the final against Uruguay. Juve and Cerro Porteno have reached an agreement for his contract. Loan worth 400K with option to buy next season for 5 mil.

bigsmosh

Aug 25, 2011
Well that's no Malouda then :cry:
Althought Malouda is 31, he would take our LM position to the next level i.e. actually any good. The first time Marotta decides to sign a south american player, he decides to sign a some rubbish 24 year old know one has ever heard of, the guy is a curse:lol: or we've been cursed since farsopoli:shifty:

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
I hope it's not. If you were to believe the media and "gurus" he's not. This would mean one of him or Giaccherini will be used as a backup RW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)