Marcello Lippi leaves JUVE (1 Viewer)

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
he's been fantastic,one of the two greatest juve coaches ever,i'm happy for what he did,but would've loved for him to leave on a high(a scudetto at least).people will be saying things like he's no good anymore and that he's leaving because he's afraid of more failure,but i will not allow my fond memories of him to be tainted because i know he is one of the best the world has ever seen and that he is a great manager and a great man.

forza lippi:)

Ahmed_

Bench Warmer
Dec 23, 2002
++ [ originally posted by ahead ] ++
but what did he wait till now .... ? he should've announced that after lecce's match

Because the reason in not lecce's match ........ The season overall was F***** up ......

Thank you Lippi for 10 years helping juve to please us ... you were the best and we will never forget you and the four CL finals :down:

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
i am proud to say that i lived the times of Marcelo Lippi's Juventus... man.. this guy just dunno how to take back his words....he said he'll quit, and he'll really do it..

Togon

Nov 2, 2003
Next time I turn my TV on to watch a Juve match I will be chanting:

MARCELLO-LIPPI!!!
MARCELLO-LIPPI!!!
MARCELLO-LIPPI!!!

as in the old days.

Thanks for everything Mr Lippi,

grazie,

ciao

:touched:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Thank you Signore Lippi, for a wonderful decade, and for being the stoic and classy figure during the both the good and bad times. You will never be forgotten, and not easily replaced.

I think that it is a good time for him to go, for I think that he can see the direction that the team is going to be heading for the next couple of years, and that is a youth movement. Someone in his position and age should not have to wait a couple of years before the team can once again truly be scudetto and CL worthy. If he takes another job again, I think it will be with a veteran laden team that will be looking to win right away, or a team that will be coming up through the ranks again looking to re-capture old glory. (Fiorentina, perhaps??) If that happens, you know where you heard it first. :D

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
It would only add to the intrigue and rivalry.

Its tatamount to when Rick Pitino went to coach for Louisville a couple of years after leaving Kentucky. Nobody thought it would happen, but the Louisville-Kentucky games now take on even MORE of a rivalry than ever before.

Anything's possible.

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
shit......i went out of town for a week, and came back to THIS news

:down: :down: i'm sad as hell

but i knew this was gonna happen sooner or l8r, i only wish it was the latter. GRAZIE marcelo lippi.......we :heart: u

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
++ [ originally posted by kaizer ] ++
but i knew this was gonna happen sooner or l8r, i only wish it was the latter. GRAZIE marcelo lippi.......we :heart: u
I think even the fans knew this was in the cards when the team got a round of applause after being flatly defeated by Depor in the CL 1-0 for the second time. This is the end of an era.

Lippi -- you've been the best. You're going to leave some awesome shoes to fill. Thank you for setting the standard by which all Juve coaches will be measured in the coming years. You're a class act, through and through.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Cant we work out a system where he'll sit on the bench atleast for important games? Just as a guest, if not nething else??
Im sure the team will derive a lot of strength from his presence?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)