Marcello Lippi leaves JUVE (1 Viewer)

Sep 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Graham ] ++
I won't celebrate and throw a party, and I have great respect for the man for what he's done with the club over the past 10 years, but personally I think this is best for the club
words out of my mouth.

cheers marcelo. wont miss you but it was nice nonetheless

qcfabio

Apr 5, 2004
My first choice is Prandelli
I expect him playing Maresca regularly but not Montero, Ferara though Ferara really plays well considering his age.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Guys, i believe this couldnt have come at a worse time. I mean cmon look at us. We're rumourdly listening to offers for all our players barring three. And our legendary coach is about to leave at the same time. Some of you may think its right to coincide the arrival of young blood with a new coach, but i dont look at it that way. In fact Lippi knows Juve inside out, and even if we sold most our players he wouldve got the youngsters accustomed to the club and a certain level of working. Now, its just a situation where everyone is all new. They dont know how things work, and they do things their own way with thier own rythim, which according to me could mean a few years of toil before success comes our way. I fear we're going to be lost in "transition".

IceBlu

Aug 26, 2003
Thanks Marcello for all the wonderful memories.

But its time for some fresh ideas for Juve to get back to the top.

And Baggio, i think you are wrong. Lost in transition ? Every few years teams have to rebuild.

We are Juve. We've seen seasons worse than this but always bounce back strong.

I want Deschamps to take over. Prandelli would be my 2nd choice.

Lippi deserves a big tribute. What a great manager.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Marcelo, you have been a great coach and servant to Juventus. I personally thank you for everything you have done for the club, especially all the numerous titles you have guided us to. Words cannot describe what you mean to Juventus; you have been a brilliant coach for us, one of the best in history. Thank you again Marcelo for everything you have done for us.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
He does deserve a tribute a great coach a legend in the coaches area
replacement? I don`t know I heard that Prandelli is good and I remember Chievo when they arrived at serie a and I also see how far Monaco came this year with Deschamps but I also like someone who is not in our list which his name is Wegner and another man who wouldn`t coach us Capello
so I don`t know who I want as coach my first choice is Capello but he will never come so I have no preferences about the others anyway a new style for Juve will surely come

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
++ [ originally posted by baggio ] ++
Guys, i believe this couldnt have come at a worse time. I mean cmon look at us. We're rumourdly listening to offers for all our players barring three. And our legendary coach is about to leave at the same time. Some of you may think its right to coincide the arrival of young blood with a new coach, but i dont look at it that way. In fact Lippi knows Juve inside out, and even if we sold most our players he wouldve got the youngsters accustomed to the club and a certain level of working. Now, its just a situation where everyone is all new. They dont know how things work, and they do things their own way with thier own rythim, which according to me could mean a few years of toil before success comes our way. I fear we're going to be lost in "transition".
Lippi was going to leave either this year or next. Let's get the transition pains over with now rather than delaying them.

It's not likely that we would have won the CL if he stayed one more year anyway.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
Thank you Marcelo!!!WE LOVE YOU!
You are the best!!!
It is just the best decision for the club...
my choice is Prandelli/Deshamps.
second is Del Neri.

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
oh lippi.. You will be sorely missed.. thanks for the CL final, and the numoures other titles. thanks for bringing in nedved, and finding all these wondeful juve talents. Bye bye...

ALRIGHT, now he is gone, who thinks we should get deschamps??! :D

IceBlu

Aug 26, 2003
I don't think theres anyone who doesn't respect Lippi. Even Non-Juve fans respect him.

The man holds himself with such dignity in the good times and the not so good times.

He doesn't talk bad about his opponents unlike some other managers out there.

How can you not respect him ?

Forza Lippi.

Aug 26, 2003
oh, my dear, now it is offical, and someway it hurts!!!

I thought that maybe it is time to change but no it is very strange that one of the best coaches maybe the best for Juve goes!!

Maybe it is the right time we will see in the next years!

Thank you for everything MARCELO you will ever be a part of Juve!!!!

grazie Lippi!

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
insteadt of seeing how Lippi react and repair this year's weakness, we have to now go through the uncertainity years of the new coach adaptation and experiments period... :undecide:

BUT in the same time i hope the coach took all the time he needs as i belive THE LONGER THE SUCCES IS BUILD, THE LONGER WILL IT STAYS...

what a shame.. we already had a world class coach already at our helm :sigh:

Jul 28, 2002
lippi the livin legend.....

but as baggio said , this maybe bad for us, as the new manager will dictate the future of the team and will provide his own culture to the team....we need a winner, and the only man we have been linked to that i would believe could keep juve's winning culture is Didi Deschamps...lippi's anchorman, who better right now than him??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)