Marcello Lippi leaves JUVE (1 Viewer)

kweku

Jul 20, 2002
++ [ originally posted by kweku ] ++
What everyone knew, has been finally made official by the man himself. Marcello Lippi today announced that he will be leaving Juventus at the end of the season.

"I'm leaving, it was time that I stepped down," announced Lippi. "I'm leaving completely; I'm not going to any other club. I refused any contact with other clubs. Various clubs phoned me, but I declined. I still have one year of contract but I never asked for a penny."

"I have had fantastic players that gave a lot," continued the bianconero coach, "And I'm sure that they will still be able to give more with another coach. I have been here for 10 years, I won a lot, a fantastic environment; I thank everyone. The club wanted to convince me to stay, they asked me till the last moment but I said no. They proposed to me a technical role, but it was time that one of the most beautiful stories had to end."
Source Juventus.com

Buy on AliExpress.com

julio1011

Mar 3, 2004
Those who feel Lippi is irreplaceable.... remember the story of Zidane, at that time juve fans thought NOBODY could replace zidane and nedved came and performed miracles...I say GOOD LUCK TO LIPPI and we'll welcome our new coach whoever it may be!!!

JUVE NEED CHANGE!!

venom

Oct 22, 2003
Well, I've been waiting for months this very decision to happen yet still feel really sad. IMHO this is the best choice for everyone as breath of fresh air is needed in the club but I'm thankful to Lippi for all what he has achieved with Juventus and I certainly won't forget it.

As for the next season, in media it's been said that Prandelli's been chosen by Agnelli and if decides something nobody will block that. He's my pick for that job too, he'll come cheaper than DD and won't force in 442-system.

Grazie Lippi and all the best in the future, you won't be forgotten :grateful:

Aug 26, 2003
ok we have to start a new era, hopefully it will be also so succesfull as with Lippi!!

who will replace him Deschamp, Del Neri, Prandelli?

is there a possiblity that there will come another coach as the media say?

once more, thank you lippi the great story has come to an end!

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by simpson-juvefan ] ++
ok we have to start a new era, hopefully it will be also so succesfull as with Lippi!!

who will replace him Deschamp, Del Neri, Prandelli?

is there a possiblity that there will come another coach as the media say?

once more, thank you lippi the great story has come to an end!
I think it's going to be Prandelli, which is good imo. If he comes we'll be pretty much guaranteed the signings of Ferrari and Gilardino.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
It would actually be very good as Ferrari and Gilardino have had brilliant seasons, but getting Deschamps as well as Squillaci/Evra and Giuly/Rothen would also be amazing.

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
Thank you Marcello Lippi, the best Juve coach of all time. nobody won more titles. If you look at him, you see Juve!
I wish him the best and I hope to see him back to coach the NT!

I hope Deschamps takes over! My second choice would be Prandelli!

Jul 28, 2002
dd is the man, he is proving to be winning with a unfashionable monaco, building them into a cl cup finalits and hopefully winners. If we get dd, hoepfully evra, rothen and giuly will follow, now im sorrry but that would be nicer than gila and ferrari, especially as if we get prandelli we would also proabbaly get Bonera :groan: as well.

Tina

Aug 21, 2003
Marcello thank you for everything you have done for he team. we will never forget you. it will be very hardfor other coaches to reach the hights you have reached with the team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)