The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #2
    CALCIO
    17.48 Lippi annuncia: "Lascio la Juve"
    Il tecnico bianconero: "Non andrò in nessuna altra squadra"

TORINO - "Me ne vado, era giunto il momento
    che io mi facessi da parte". Marcello Lippi annuncia l'addio alla Juve. "Io stacco, non andrò da nessun altra squadra. Ho rifiutato qualsiasi contatto. Mi hanno telefonato tante società
    ma ho declinato. Ritenevo che fosse giunto il momento che io mi facessi da parte. Non ho chiesto una lira. Ho un altro anno di contratto ma non ho chiesto mai una lira. Ho avuto giocatori fantastici che hanno dato tutto e sono convinto che potranno dare ancora qualcosa con un altro allenatore. Sono 10 anni che sono qui, ho vinto tanto, un ambiente fantastico, ringrazio tutti. La società voleva convincermi a rimanere, me lo ha chiesto fino all'ultimo ma io ho detto di no. Mi hanno proposto anche il ruolo di responsabile tecnico, ma era il momento che una delle storie più belle finisse".

OP

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #3
    I guess we'll get Prandelli this summer with some Parma players(Ferrari, Gilardino and Blasi).

Sep 14, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++
    translation??
    He said he's leaving but will not coach for another club even though he's had several offers. Juve tried to convince him to stay for one last season but he declined. I had 10 good years, worked with great players, blah, blah, blah.

OP

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #8
    He's leaving Juve at the end of the season.
    He won't coach another team.
    It was time to go.
    The higher powers wanted him to stay but he refused.
    He had another year left on his contract but he decided not to take a cent.
    They even offered him a job like Sacchi with Parma but he said that this great story has to end.

Sep 14, 2003
    Shouldn't this thread be in team talk? This shouldn't come a s a shock. Agnelli has asked for Prandelli, he's the probable choice for our next coach.

OP

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #11
    ++ [ originally posted by Holdon ] ++
    Shouldn't this thread be in team talk? This shouldn't come a s a shock. Agnelli has asked for Prandelli, he's the probable choice for our next coach.
    If somebody can move it to the appropriate thread it's fine with me. I typed to fast to get the scoop. ;)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    I won't celebrate and throw a party, and I have great respect for the man for what he's done with the club over the past 10 years, but personally I think this is best for the club

Jul 28, 2002
    if he is leaving, then i will be sad to see him go, he has won us a a great deal, unlike anchafatti, who is now doing wonders with milan. Every great coach has his great club, lippi's is juve.

Juventino

Jul 27, 2002
    http://skysports.planetfootball.com/article.asp?id=200525&cpid=21

LIPPI TO STEP DOWN
    Thursday, 29 April 2004

by Nadia Carminati
    Marcello Lippi has revealed he is stepping down as Juventus coach at the end of the season.
    The well-respected Italian boss has been linked with the Tottenham post but a more likely option is that he could replace Giovanni Trapattoni at the Azzurri helm.

Although he has another year remaining on his contract at Stadio delle Alpi, Lippi has decided it is the right time to be quitting the Turin giants.

"It has been fantastic," he told Ansa. "But I think it's time for me to step aside.

"I've refused other contracts. Many clubs have contacted me but I've refused.

"I've had fantastic players and they will surely achieve other things with a new coach.

"I have been here ten years. The club wanted to convince me to stay but I said 'no'."

The 56-year-old has also been mentioned in connection with the Real Madrid job and he will have no shortage of suitors during the close season after a distinguished coaching career in Italy.

Monaco boss Didier Deschamps has long been touted as the obvious replacement for Lippi at the Juve helm.

However, general manager Luciano Moggi did suggest recently that he felt the Frenchman still needed more experience before returning to the Bianconeri, even though he did also state, at the same time, that the present incumbent would definitely not be leaving.

Parma's Cesare Prandelli is rumoured to be another man in the frame.

sebastian

Jul 24, 2002
    Lippi confirms Juve exit Thursday 29 April, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus boss Marcello Lippi has announced that he will leave the club at the end of this season.

The tactician has been rumoured to be on his way out of Turin and he’s today confirmed his departure.

"I’m leaving and I won’t be Coaching any more teams," he said on Thursday. "I still have a year left on my contract but I haven’t asked for a penny.

"I’ve refused contact with any other sides. I’ve been approached by numerous teams but I’ve declined them all.

"In 10 years here I have had some fantastic players, some of whom can still offer something to a new Coach. I will just limit myself now to thank everyone."

Lippi and the club have both agreed to terminate their relationship after a testing season in Turin.

"The club tried to keep hold of me until the very end," added the tactician. "They even offered me a technical director’s role.

"But I prefer to end it here. I think this is the right time that our beautiful story together should conclude."

Lippi has won numerous honours during his two spells with the Bianconeri. He’s led the side to five Italian titles, one European Cup, one Italian Cup, one Intercontinental Cup, one European Super Cup and two Italian Super Cups.

Parma boss Cesare Prandelli is the favourite to replace Lippi at the Stadio Delle Alpi in the summer.

He should just pip Monaco tactician Didier Deschamps and Gigi Del Neri of Chievo to the role.

Lippi may now take a year out even if he has been linked with moves to Chelsea, Real Madrid and the Italian national job.

from channel4.com

i just wanna thank lippi for his time but sometimes the magic is over and i believe it was this year. hopefully we can get a good coach

Sparty

Mar 17, 2004
    I thank Marcello for all this years of winnings and having Juve in the spot light! Thanks Lippi. I think he made a wise decision of leaving Juve. Is good to leave this way while everybody has a good memory of him. Now lets see who will lead Juve to a new cycle full of winnings...

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Lippi deserves all the respect in the world for what he's done in the past. But the team needs to move on to plan for its future. Forza Juve.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)