Many (was: No more) games on RAI!!! (1 Viewer)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++
I just talked with someone from GolTV (albeit his english wasnt great...and neither was my spanish !!!:D)

He stated that GolTV WILL have Serie A this season !!!:D:D:D
Oh Jesus, I almost had a heartattack reading this thread. Thank you Gol Tv.

Somebody kill Berlusca anyway.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by m_elayyan ] ++
Rai dont show games , only highlights
Here in the USA, RAI International did show 2 games per weekend.

Not exactly sure what will happen now....

xNeo

Feb 10, 2004
Its just the highlights show, I think they will continue to show the games. Either way I have Gol TV so I get to see my JUVE!

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
++ [ originally posted by mark77 ] ++
move to Canada :D
Pretty much. Canada is pretty damn good for Juventus. TLN for Serie A/CL and TSN for CL. Plus Sunday nights are 2 hours worth of Serie A Highlights - first this commentary show by three 'fanatics' and then the real highlights package professionaly done for each game.

:D

Vinman

Jul 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Dan10 ] ++
ahahah thank god for the soccer fanatics on TLN...I love you TLN

Its funny that you brought them up, because I met 2 of them at the Italy-Serbia game at Skydome (Mark and Joe...they went to school with a friend of mine)

anyways, I mentioned the situation to them about Sky tripling the cost for rights to Serie A, and they were even shocked...they had no idea

Anyways, I'm sure their happy now- they will have jobs this upcoming season !!!

I talked to a woman from programming for RAI International, and she isnt sure if this agreement with Sky is only for Italy.

So, RAI International MAY still show games......

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
I hate those fanatics, they blast Juve every week :mad:

anyway,

GolTV Canada to launch in October

August 4, 2005

The Canadian Radio-Television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC) has approved an application from Insight Sports Limited to operate "The Soccer Net" as a pay digital "Category 2 Specialty Programming" television service.

Insight Sports has announced that it will use the licence to launch GolTV Canada in October.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++

Its funny that you brought them up, because I met 2 of them at the Italy-Serbia game at Skydome (Mark and Joe...they went to school with a friend of mine)

anyways, I mentioned the situation to them about Sky tripling the cost for rights to Serie A, and they were even shocked...they had no idea

Anyways, I'm sure their happy now- they will have jobs this upcoming season !!!

I talked to a woman from programming for RAI International, and she isnt sure if this agreement with Sky is only for Italy.

So, RAI International MAY still show games......
I wondered about this. RAI could certainly license the international distribution rights to Serie A games... Sky, MediaSet, whatever. But what wouldn't make sense is for them to take on any local production costs for just their international market... save for the studio "wrapper" they put on broadcasts, such as La Grande Giostra dei Gol.

So I can see the possibility of RAI Int'l purchasing access for Serie A international distribution rights, given that Sky and MediaSet don't have RAI's international reach. But undoubtedly the broadcasts would have to be repackaged from other sources.

Juve_The_Best

Nov 18, 2004
++ [ originally posted by m_elayyan ] ++

Berlescuni the ass hole :(
LMAO

i wonder if i was the one who said that sentence to nicole, directly a pu*sy cheaser like jeeks will jump on and say that was an " insulte " :)

Berlescuni is the media man, u talking about RAI while he's a prime minster !

He knows how to play the game and he always a winner IMO.

Blocking RAI is the big hit for him so he can sell the rights of (calcio) for many countries for fcking big amount, more millions bucks in the pocket.

Vinman

Jul 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by mark77 ] ++
I hate those fanatics, they blast Juve every week :mad:

anyway,

GolTV Canada to launch in October

August 4, 2005

The Canadian Radio-Television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC) has approved an application from Insight Sports Limited to operate "The Soccer Net" as a pay digital "Category 2 Specialty Programming" television service.

Insight Sports has announced that it will use the licence to launch GolTV Canada in October.

Since TLN has the exclusive rights to Serie A in Canada, I dont think GolTV could show any Italian league games

OwenWilson

Aug 5, 2005
++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++

I wondered about this. RAI could certainly license the international distribution rights to Serie A games... Sky, MediaSet, whatever. But what wouldn't make sense is for them to take on any local production costs for just their international market... save for the studio "wrapper" they put on broadcasts, such as La Grande Giostra dei Gol.

So I can see the possibility of RAI Int'l purchasing access for Serie A international distribution rights, given that Sky and MediaSet don't have RAI's international reach. But undoubtedly the broadcasts would have to be repackaged from other sources.
That is very interesting. It makes sense.

I'm just glad Gol TV will have the rights to the matches. Even though their commentary is sometimes no better than George Bush trying to talk soccer, the coverage is fantastic. Wouldn't know what to do without it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)