Manuele Blasi (1 Viewer)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
It seems that the key, the main pawn of the Emerson saga is Blasi, both sides want him and nobody is prepared to compromise. Prandelli has said that he is the only Juve player he wants in excange while Capello has vetoed his departure. My question is: since I havent seen much of him, why is he so special? He missed most of last season because of doping after all. What are his main qualities?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Shenanigans

Nov 29, 2003
ive only seen him in a few games. one againt juve 2 seasons ago, he was fouling our players all over the place. even if it was the last game of the season...! :irritate: :groan:

he can run fast, and breaks up play, and is tenacious. better at tackling then tachinardi is say. not sure about his creative/passing ability. must be good if hes rated highly by prandelli and capello, no?

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
Blasi is a very hard tackling midfielder. IMO his tacklings even top Davids and he is also a decent passer (better than Appiah :D ),
and is a guy who can break up the play very good.
Adriano once said that Blasi is one of the few players he fears.

Sep 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by A_LAcki ] ++
Blasi is a very hard tackling midfielder. IMO his tacklings even top Davids and he is also a decent passer (better than Appiah :D ),
i am better passer than appiah? does that mean i'm also decent passer. all i need now is learn tackle hard and i'm good enough to go on loan to parma :cool:

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++

i am better passer than appiah? does that mean i'm also decent passer. all i need now is learn tackle hard and i'm good enough to go on loan to parma :cool:
Yeah, I agree.
From now on I want that Moggi gets your ass to Turin, and you play for Juve! FORZA

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
he must be special after roma are pushing juve to include him in the deal for emerson, while juve dont want to sell him.

if he's so special, why buy emerson :D

Sparty

Mar 17, 2004
Blasi is a hell of a tackler and has a decent technique as well, but most of all he has huge margin of improvements. He reminds me in a way Berti an ex inter player. The only thing that i see wrong with Blasi is that is way to aggressive...which leads him to yellow cards way to often very Davids alike.

Brighi is an excelent defensive midfield. He combine sense of position with very good vision. His best year so far was at Bologna where he showed falshes of what he could do. Unfortunately after his move to Parma he went in a little bit in a downfall till last season where he started to regain confidence. Moggi once said about Brighi that he is the italian Redondo. I hope that this player doesn't get lost and that fullfills all the expectations that people have on him.

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
surely De Rossi is better than Blasi... Yes, I haven't seen Blasi that much, but IMO his still just a worse version of Tacchi...

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Definitely. I'd sell Emerson to Juve in a heartbeat if I knew I had someone like De Rossi to replace him. From what I've seen he's better than both Brighi and Blasi, though all three of them are worth watching.

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
Please, nobody, beside maybe Vieira, is able to replace Emerson. De Rossi is maybe good, but he is in noway the personality that Emerson is, and also not the kind of leader like Emerson.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
I agree with Sparty analysis. Blasi is terrific tackler, and battler in the midfield. However, I would hestitate to say that he is a special talent, he lacks authority a la Viera, or all-around game a la Steven Gerrard.
To many degrees, he does remind me of Nicola Berti in that respect other than the fact that Berti was a lot more offensive player.

Stuart,
While I think De Rossi is a special talent, Emerson is already a worldclass midfielder IMO, and no championship contender given well balanced books will sell him. I would take Emerson over Blasi, Brighi and De Rossi in a heartbeat, simply because youngsters may never pan out. If I was a Roma chairman I would have liked to keep Emerson for a year or two so that De Rossi can mature as a professional player. Having said that Roma doesnt quite have that luxury and that is why we are going to Emerson IMO.:D. Having Emerson to teach some tricks to Brighi or Blasi (If we keep him) wouldnt be too bad either. If anything Tach is the one who should be solved IMO.

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Poku ] ++
surely De Rossi is better than Blasi... Yes, I haven't seen Blasi that much, but IMO his still just a worse version of Tacchi...
Blasi is waaaay better than tach

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
What are his main qualities?
Do you know what Tacchinardi is like when he's in really good form? That's basically what Blasi does on a regular basis and Blasi has pace.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)