Manuel Locatelli (15 Viewers)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Absolutely disgraceful performance again.

€40m big ones on this guy and he’s been largely mediocre for the most part. Big disappointment.
Not only the price that is a disappointment, the fact that we spent an entire summer to get him is what annoys me the most. A complete transfer window for one boring, mediocre player.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
funny that De Zerbi who many here seem to rate got a tune out of Locatelli, hell ever Mancini got the same for Italy... But when Allegri is coaching him... Locatelli is shit. Coincidence? Give him and everyone on the team a manager who has actual ideas and not just a mish mash of fucking confusion and improvisation then we'll see.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
He sucks of course, but could still be a really good, expensive option off the bench under a manager who has a clue. Perhaps he could come in for Mckennie off the bench if a new manager needs a passive Italian option. He reminds me of Marchisio except useless.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
He sucks of course, but could still be a really good, expensive option off the bench under a manager who has a clue. Perhaps he could come in for Mckennie off the bench if a new manager needs a passive Italian option. He reminds me of Marchisio except useless.
McNuggets shouldn't be starting man. Stop it. That entire midfield should be shipped out and revamped.

Dino_mk

Sep 5, 2007
McNuggets shouldn't be starting man. Stop it. That entire midfield should be shipped out and revamped.
Those players certainly are not a world class but do all other teams with ticking midfields have so much more quality players than ours?
Most have coaches with more than two brain cells who are able to utilise their strengths. Make tactics for the players available. Our stubborn ass not only that isn't doing utilisation quite opposite he is playing them on the wrong and weakest positions.
Knowing the way the fraud is operating I will have my doubts about the lack of quality's of any player in this team.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Absolutely kills you that McKennie had 2 assists :lol:
It doesn't kill me. I just don't like him and don't think he is good enough for where we aspire to be. Mind you, I think our entire midfield is MID AF and would sell everyone not named Fagioli and Alcaraz.

But yeah, keep being subjective and biased because he's a Murican like you. MAGA. Freedom. Woooh. Don't forget to spam me with the Gifs. I look forward to it. Love you.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
In 2020/21, when Pirlo was our manager, Ronaldo, Chiesa and Morata scored 70 goals. On top of them we had Kulusevski with a solid 7g-7a season, Cuadrado with a record 17 assists season, and even Dybala was there for 1/3 of the season. Our attack was excellent under Pirlo.

And yet, 20 minutes before the end of the season we were 5th in serie A. Faraoni's 70th minute goal for Verona vs Napoli is what brought us the 4th place.

How was this possible, you might ask?

It's because in midfield we had Bentancur, McKennie, Rabiot, Ramsey and Arthur. Just like our midfield sucked the next season, and the season after that, and this season too. We tried to fix it with a broken Pogba, with a boring Locatelli, with some kids called Miretti and Nicolussi Caviglia, or some other next gen kids who either aren't ready yet, or decided to bet on games.

We seriously need to "invent" a new Pirlo-Vidal pair.

La_Fidanzata

Feb 18, 2008
Can someone who support/like this guy feed me with some pro Locatelli arguments?
Im serious, because I can not in my wildest dreams find his qualities. To me he has been nothing since the Euros.
I may have become biased towards him, so i would really like if someone could tell me what Allegri sees in him.

What I see is a regista that slows down every buil-up.
He runs slow, mediocre passer, mediocre in defence.

There must be something i dont understand.

Thanks in advance.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Can someone who support/like this guy feed me with some pro Locatelli arguments?
Im serious, because I can not in my wildest dreams find his qualities. To me he has been nothing since the Euros.
I may have become biased towards him, so i would really like if someone could tell me what Allegri sees in him.

Thanks in advance.
He is juve fan since childhood.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
So was I, how come I never got a chance to play for them?

- - - Updated - - -

Watching the game now...reckon he has had a handful of touches by half time. Absolute shitshow.

Last edited:

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007

Thanks in advance.
sure some of these juve players aren't the best and are bad.

but when you have 7-12 players all performing bad the common factor has to be the coach.

milik, kean, chiesa, miretti, locatelli, weah, illing, gatti, danilo, sandro, cambiaso, are all going through some bad matches. now whats more likely, that all theese players are bad or past it, or that the coaching is responsible for the bad play?

one needs to look at roma with mourinho vs roma with de rossi. same players yet the play suddenly changed? why?

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
Heart is in the right place and he always works hard, I'll give him that. But much like the rest of our midfield, he suffers from having work horses around him. Rabiot suffers for it too. McKennie too. Three workhorses that are not geling either. Loca's passing is average at best and perhaps he wouldn't shine in a different trio but I don't think we would have to be as critical because he would actually contribute with something else compared to the two others. Now he offers protection and a bit of grinta along with leadership. Rabiot and McKennie offers legs, similarly to Loca. It's like trying to build a house but we only have three hammers instead of a hammer, screwdriver and a saw. Or something. I really don't get this set up, which may look good paper but has shown to be not working.

I wrote at the beginning of the season that coming into March Allegri would finally come around and realize this set up wasn't working and he would revert to a 433 or something of the likes. Especially considering we have five defenders and three DMs... (Mourinho would approve) but I was clearly wrong. Allegri is more stubborn than I thought.

In short: With other team mates Loca could be beneficial. But he does add a bit of leadership in a squad that is lacking a bit of it. I'm not sure if he will be a starter in the future, but I'd like to keep him around as rotational player and to be either a sitting pivote of two or as a "stabilizer"/B2B in a trio. While he offers protection as regista, he offers nothing else in possession.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
Like most players, he's not in a system that uses his assets. He's been made into a Matuidi where he's just there to tackle when really someone should tackle and pass to him in a more advanced position. Then, he needs someone to aim to like wingers or a playmaker before that final pass to the striker. Currently, he's expected to intercept the ball in front our penalty area then miraculously hit an assist to Vlahovic. There are no CM runners that carry the ball forward quickly. Our WBs are at this point still in our own half so he can rarely see that long pass.

At Inter, all CMs have excellent passing, they drive forward too so they carry the ball forward themselves without relying on the WBs so much. When countering, the WBs are easily picked out and they can get into advanced positions because the CMs cover their spaces.

Inzaghi plays a much more attacking 3-5-2, they press and are always looking to counter. They rarely sit back to soak up pressure. Locatelli would do well there, there would be much more for him to aim at and he'd be more advanced because his team would cover his space. It's no coincidence that Inter have multiple scorers while for us it's Vlahovic or a defender from a corner.

If Allegri is here next year, swap for Jorginho and cash since we just need a static CM with long range passing. Chances are he'll hit some defense splitting assists from in front of our penalty area once in a while.

It's an unpopular opinion, but I think if Pogba were here Locatelli would look much better. It goes without saying that Locatelli has played well for everyone apart from Allegri and in every formation apart from 3-5-2.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Its true we expect him to play old time regista, when he is not that player. Imo its not only the passing range but mainly the ability to keep ball under pressure, which he lacks a lot. I have no idea though if he would do better in other system or as mezzala. He might have some great games, but still for me, one of his biggest problems is his incosistency.
Calhanoglu is just a different level to him when it comes to passing or shieldieng the ball, its true he has more options in his team too due to the WBs who are much more offensive than ours, but the differencies in classes is also there. Damn even when i look at Bennacer, the quality is visible - the guy is ten times more comfortable with the ball than Loca. What i hate the most about Manuel are those first touch impossible passses he tries to make each game which he always end up loosing the ball. He is no playmaker, he has to be on his very good day to play good in that positon.

magician

Oct 22, 2022
So outside of MVPP and KP, what really happened to the midfield?

Lack of talents?
Wrong coaching? Including coaching that causes injuries...
Wrong transfer targets? Including players that are too injury prone...

Just one of the above (which one?)? Or two of the above (which ones?) or all 3 of the above?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)