Manuel Locatelli (14 Viewers)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Much more than couple of times, his passing is cack. Very good defensively.
it wasn’t great, but wasn’t as bad as other matches. 4/7 long balls. 78% pass success on 55 passes. I find he’s often over ambitious with his passes. Chooses to attempt the hard pass when he needs to keep it simple.

His 4 tackles, 2 interceptions, 2 clearances make up for the passing. Turned into a fantastic defensive mid. A destroyer. If he was a great passer too, he’d be one of the best mids in football.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
it wasn’t great, but wasn’t as bad as other matches. 4/7 long balls. 78% pass success on 55 passes. I find he’s often over ambitious with his passes. Chooses to attempt the hard pass when he needs to keep it simple.

His 4 tackles, 2 interceptions, 2 clearances make up for the passing. Turned into a fantastic defensive mid. A destroyer. If he was a great passer too, he’d be one of the best mids in football.
How many of those were him cleaning up his own lost possession? LMAO

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Still so butthurt about McKennie getting streeted lol

He was very good tonight. Simple.
Why do you keep bringing up McKennie? I was calling out this pseudo mid long before McKennie ever left.

Obviously I'm not the only one that has noticed.

- - - Updated - - -

A CM that can't pass but omgf he stands out defensively in a midfield that everyone hates. :tup:

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
today highlighted why we needed a real regista this season. Loca isn't a guy to dictate tempo and spray passes around, neither is Rabiot, so the double pivot didnt make much sense. It's not a coincidence both guys play better when there are more technical mids around them. Rovella gonna be a really important player next season.

Loca played well though, his defensive energy/ability is undeniable.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
It's nice to see we are back to minimum standards of "he tried hard" to get a pass (not a football pass, b/c we know Loca can't). Excellent. Makes it so much easier to critique players.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Why do you keep bringing up McKennie? I was calling out this pseudo mid long before McKennie ever left.

Obviously I'm not the only one that has noticed.
Yeah, Locatelli was absolutely nowhere near "very good" tonight. In fact none where, bar Gatti, Bremer, Danilo and Perin. Rest average to poor. Honestly we were lucky to get 3 points, but I'll gladly take them.

Lol no 3 points of course.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Still so butthurt about McKennie getting streeted lol

He was very good tonight. Simple.
McKennie isnt even a midfielder, so why are u comparing them guys.

Locatelli is good, but has that really stupid passes sometimes that stays in ur mind for long time. Yesterdat he was below average, especially in passing, but he has those games from time to time, still one of our best midfielders though.

GrandeGigi

Sep 18, 2012
today highlighted why we needed a real regista this season. Loca isn't a guy to dictate tempo and spray passes around, neither is Rabiot, so the double pivot didnt make much sense. It's not a coincidence both guys play better when there are more technical mids around them. Rovella gonna be a really important player next season.

A combination of factors don’t help our cause.
1. We rarely have an out ball, so when we are pressured it either goes backwards, lumped aimlessly forward or played to Dusan who is usually tightly marked by a CB and his touch has gone to shit so nobody trusts him currently.
2. We pack so many players behind the ball, that when we win it, there are limited options and we turn the ball over quickly under minimal pressure.
3. Concentration levels of the mids are down because we often don’t have the ball and have to endure long stretches of defensive work. This often contributes to poor decision making and/or execution of basic passes.

Locatelli misplaced a poor number of passes yesterday, but so did players like Rabbit, Di Maria and Chiesa that you wouldn’t usually expect which makes me think the above is also to blame and it won’t be turned around solely by bringing in a regista or players that are more comfortable in possession.

Jun 16, 2020
Someone here before said when he plays bad, we play bad. Whenever he’s good the team as a result will play a lot better aswel. Don’t remember who said it but it’s spot on. Him having bad games affects the team more than Vlahovic or Cuadrado having a bad match.

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010
Dlp system no other way to play this sport and of course with no prime bonucci to help out if whomever is set to play that role is having a stinker it's panic city we basically play hot potato until it reaches one of di maria, chiesa, cuadrado and wait for them to pull a magic out of their ass.

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011

Do you see Locatelli and Rovella as the 2 in a 4231/343 or two of the 3 in a 352/433?

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
I mean, I like the guy from the start and would love him to suceed here, but why the fuck he is so inconsistent? One game he looks like a god, then the other game he does silly mistakes or looses duels so easily its unforgottable. Im not referring to one particular game, but his whole season.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
I mean, I like the guy from the start and would love him to suceed here, but why the fuck he is so inconsistent? One game he looks like a god, then the other game he does silly mistakes or looses duels so easily its unforgottable. Im not referring to one particular game, but his whole season.
and certain posters said that pjanic was inconsistent lol. guy could do more or less the same amount of passes, forward passes, passes into the box and run the same distance 40+ times a season, twice a week throughout multiple seasons. that's what makes you a top player, not a brilliant game here and there

locatelli is simply off that mark, that's all. kovacic needed years of experience and years of inconsistency before having a full good season finally. hopefully loca can get there too asap, as he is playing a key position that we shouldn't be concerned about

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)