Manuel Locatelli - DM - Sassuolo (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Joking aside - I think we will get him in the end. Cherubini just tries to negotiate it to lower it as much as possible.
I just hope we make another surprise signing to boost our midfield even further.

Jäger

May 2, 2021
It surprises me how bankrupt clubs like Inter have money to splash on players like Dzeko, Zapata and now even Insigne is being rumoured. The 100+ million made from lukaku's sale was meant to cover their losses only. Even clubs like Roma don't seem to be having a problem with spending 35m on Tammy Abraham, despite Covid.
Yet here we are barely making ends meet for a decent midfielder who alone is nowhere near enough to salvage this team. Is this really a result of covid or just poor mismanagement? It's pretty embarassing for a top club like Juve

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
You clearly are not good with numbers, aren't you? Inter sold Hakimi for 70m as well. They are generating close to 200m from selling two players only, not counting the money they're saving on wages from Conte's departure. Of course they can afford the Dzekos and Zapatas of the world.

With Ronaldo earning +30m/year, it's smart being stingy in the Locatelli deal. We don't even have competition to sign him, why should we overpay?

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I dont think we are really interested. I think its just a suggestion based on our needs and given Barca dont want him anymore. The player is not the same player prior to 2017 and I think Allegri knows it.
My money is still on Locatelli but not on Pjanic.
I also think Ronaldo will leave but it will only happen next year when his contract runs out.

The plan is probably Ronaldo now Halland or Vlahovic later (We are not the favorite for Haaland but we can easily be favorite for Vlahovic)

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
It surprises me how bankrupt clubs like Inter have money to splash on players like Dzeko, Zapata and now even Insigne is being rumoured. The 100+ million made from lukaku's sale was meant to cover their losses only. Even clubs like Roma don't seem to be having a problem with spending 35m on Tammy Abraham, despite Covid.
Yet here we are barely making ends meet for a decent midfielder who alone is nowhere near enough to salvage this team. Is this really a result of covid or just poor mismanagement? It's pretty embarassing for a top club like Juve
They got 120m plusvalenza from 2 deals, and needed 70m to cover losses. Then they spent 2m on Dzeko, 14m on Dumfries, so they have some money left for Zapata.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
I think Cherubini is trying to hit his target for meetings set by Agnelli. Dude will shine that first 1 to 1 KPI meeting with Agnelli.

Jäger

May 2, 2021
You clearly are not good with numbers, aren't you? Inter sold Hakimi for 70m as well. They are generating close to 200m from selling two players only, not counting the money they're saving on wages from Conte's departure. Of course they can afford the Dzekos and Zapatas of the world.

With Ronaldo earning +30m/year, it's smart being stingy in the Locatelli deal. We don't even have competition to sign him, why should we overpay?
I think you might need to check your maths, actually. As of April, Inter were €608m in debt per Bloomberg and they are currently in talks with financial firms over a €300m loan to cover their losses (which hasn't happened yet, as far as I'm aware) . 2 sales wont just eradicate that.
Thankfully, we're not in that position because Exor's €400m injection has covered our own, which makes these excuses look weak. We're clearly not that desperate if we can sign some random Brazilian youngster for 4m instead of waiting to acquire him on a free in January. The extra 4m which could have wrapped up this loca deal weeks ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)