Manuel Locatelli - DM - Sassuolo (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
Look at how much our midfielders make. Paratici has killed this club :howler: :howler: :howler: :howler: :howler: :howler: :howler:

God bless McKennie.
Look at how much our midfielders make. Paratici has killed this club :howler: :howler: :howler: :howler: :howler: :howler: :howler:

God bless McKennie.
Yeah, I don't know how accurate it is but its pretty sobering.

Also, keep in mind when you consider amortization cost on our books, the guys who came free are making way more wages but are less of a hit because there's no transfer fee. I cannot imagine the amortization cost of Ronaldo on our books. It has to be like 70-80m per year.

Buy on AliExpress.com

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Yeah, I don't know how accurate it is but its pretty sobering.

Also, keep in mind when you consider amortization cost on our books, the guys who came free are making way more wages but are less of a hit because there's no transfer fee. I cannot imagine the amortization cost of Ronaldo on our books. It has to be like 70-80m per year.
The Ronaldo signing looks like a huge mistake now in my opinion, but nothing that we can do about it at this point.

Knowah

Jan 28, 2013
The Ronaldo signing looks like a huge mistake now in my opinion, but nothing that we can do about it at this point.
I actually disagree. I think it was a great piece of business. The growth in our team and popularity has been important, social media, etc.

I have ZERO doubt the jersey sales were great. I have been to Europe and Asia since his signing and seen WAY WAY more Juventus jerseys than ever before. Same with downtown Chicago where I live. I used to see a Juve jersey once in a while. Now its almost every day. The Juve jersey at launch was all in the Adidas windows, etc. That was NEVER the case before.

FlavioJuve

Jun 6, 2007
I really would like to know our earnings in shirts vs costs and see to what extend it ever was close to what CR cost us.
I think CR move was only financially OK-ish had we won CL once or twice last three years

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
I actually disagree. I think it was a great piece of business. The growth in our team and popularity has been important, social media, etc.

I have ZERO doubt the jersey sales were great. I have been to Europe and Asia since his signing and seen WAY WAY more Juventus jerseys than ever before. Same with downtown Chicago where I live. I used to see a Juve jersey once in a while. Now its almost every day. The Juve jersey at launch was all in the Adidas windows, etc. That was NEVER the case before.
Tbf we got a massive boost from Adidas that we surely wouldn’t have got without him. But overall a mistake nontheless.
These things are great and all, but the results on the pitch haven't matched it and at the end of the day that's what's most important. Now we're here in the midst of a huge financial crisis where one year of his salary could buy a player and even pay for years of their wages in some cases. At this point, it also remains to be seen if we manage to keep hold of those better sponsorship deals once he leaves.

To me, it's like we own a Lamborghini but are renting a basement studio apartment right now.

Knowah

Jan 28, 2013
These things are great and all, but the results on the pitch haven't matched it and at the end of the day that's what's most important. Now we're here in the midst of a huge financial crisis where one year of his salary could buy a player and even pay for years of their wages in some cases. At this point, it also remains to be seen if we manage to keep hold of those better sponsorship deals once he leaves.

To me, it's like we own a Lamborghini but are renting a basement studio apartment right now.
Nah, we're still a top 10 club and Covid has made this much much worse.

We are literally only struggling financially due to Covid. We wouldn't be EPL level without Covid but we'd be better. This situation was perfectly timed to hurt us when combined with the timing of Covid. Ronaldo signing still be amortized along with Covid has smashed any plans Juve had on growth and expansion and basically put us back 3-4 years.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012

You can’t blame it all on one signing though. We hired terrible coaches too.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Nah, we're still a top 10 club and Covid has made this much much worse.

We are literally only struggling financially due to Covid. We wouldn't be EPL level without Covid but we'd be better. This situation was perfectly timed to hurt us when combined with the timing of Covid. Ronaldo signing still be amortized along with Covid has smashed any plans Juve had on growth and expansion and basically put us back 3-4 years.
100%. However we can't just sit here and lament our bad fortune, have to adjust accordingly to the circumstances.

You can’t blame it all on one signing though. We hired terrible coaches too.
I don't at all. What's done is done and we can't change that. We can only look to get rid of the dead weight in midfield and reduce costs however possible.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
I said it many times the previous seasons. The damage Paratici has been doing will last long and requires a lot to recover.
but he has done great job for Tottenham exactly like marotta who has had huge impact on inter transfer market.

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
We've got six players making over 10m per year gross, 9 making over 8m per year gross.

Inter has 4 over 8m. Milan has 2.

And it's not even the high earners, its all the little stuff adding up.

https://salarysport.com/football/serie-a/juventus/
Tici really screwed us
3 players he gave an extension is in top 5 :
Szczesny
Bonucci (1 year after he came back from Milan, he was given extension and salary increase. I still dont get the reason)
A. Sandro (extension is good but increase the salary as this high?)

And some others high earners are questionable

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
I'm starting to think Locatelli won't happen now, its taking way too long.

It was always taking too long. The problem is that it has gone really quiet too. I think we’ll take 2 steps back and get a finished Pjanic on stupid wages instead.

Part of my issue is also that it’ll be sold to fans as if he was never part of the midfield problem in the first place with that really poor last year with us. On top of that, he went over to Barca and was one of the biggest washed up whales in a team of floating garbage.

Completely uninspiring and frankly stupid stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)