Manuel Locatelli - DM - Sassuolo (154 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I'm starting to think Locatelli won't happen now, its taking way too long.
You're wayyyyyy late to the party bro.

I don't think anyone here realizes just how bad this club is hurting financially or the the league for that matter. Serie A is in tatters. Barca & Real are hurting....the only clubs playing with monopoly money are the Oil clubs: PSG, Chelsea & City.

The chickens have finally come home to roost.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
You're wayyyyyy late to the party bro.

I don't think anyone here realizes just how bad this club is hurting financially or the the league for that matter. Serie A is in tatters. Barca & Real are hurting....the only clubs playing with monopoly money are the Oil clubs: PSG, Chelsea & City.

The chickens have finally come home to roost.
I understand the financial situation and I'd like to think Sassuolo do as well. The fact is that Locatelli is pretty good but not good enough for PSG/Chelsea/City to come for him so Juventus is the best option. As a player, its likely that he'll win multiple trophies with us and get CL experience as a starter. I don't like how negotiations are going, we should have Sassuolo begging us or we just say f**k them and let Arsenal buy him at a discounted price since no other CL team is after him.

Also, players should no way be coming here looking for 6M+ wages unless they're certified world class - I guess previous management has set the precedent but Juventus should be a home for ambitious players. They need to realise that either you improve the team or your next stop is a transfer to some Serie B team as you'll get no time on the pitch.

Regardless of Locatelli, Allegri has a large and versatile squad. If the midfield is that shite then play Danilo as DM, Cuadrado in midfield and buy a RB. There are always different approaches and things that can be done like how Mandzukic was utilised. Utter garbage players should ride the bench until they request a transfer.

Last edited:

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I understand the financial situation and I'd like to think Sassuolo do as well. The fact is that Locatelli is pretty good but not good enough for PSG/Chelsea/City to come for him so Juventus is the best option. As a player, its likely that he'll win multiple trophies with us and get CL experience as a starter. I don't like how negotiations are going, we should have Sassuolo begging us or we just say f**k them and let Arsenal buy him at a discounted price since no other CL team is after him.

Also, players should no way be coming here looking for 6M+ wages unless they're certified world class - I guess previous management has set the precedent but Juventus should be a home for ambitious players. They need to realise that either you improve the team or your next stop is a transfer to some Serie B team as you'll get no time on the pitch.

Regardless of Locatelli, Allegri has a large and versatile squad. If the midfield is that shite then play Danilo as DM, Cuadrado in midfield and buy a RB. There are always different approaches and things that can be done like how Mandzukic was utilised. Utter garbage players should ride the bench until they request a transfer.
It's not about whether or not Loca wants to join us. I'm sure he does. It's Sass that is protecting their best interests too.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I'm worried that Locatelli is the biggest name we are being linked with. Pre covid he would of just been a standard signing.
Standard midfield signing when? The last player on his level we signed for our mid was Pjanic, 5 years ago. Since then it’s been cheap youngsters and freebies on big wages.

Locatelli is a Chiesa/Dybala style signing. High potential young player who is coming off a fantastic season or two. Who we actually have to pay a real transfer fee for. Hence why we haven’t got him yet. We’re broke.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
So I keep hearing and it's the most cringe worthy statement I've heard all summer.
Why is that? Have you seen the coaching of the last season? It was arguably the biggest weakness of the team as a whole. I still can't believe in what AA did last Summer, it was plain dumb to give such a team to a rookie who had no coach license back then. So now we improved what was the biggest issue.

The squad is better than you think, these players definitely under-performed and that has tainted the picture a lot.

pavelnel

Oct 24, 2006
There are too many mediocre players making too much money. Especially in midfield. These wages are outrageous.
Juve seems incapable of finding young talents before they get famous. This is why we overpay for even less famous and less talented ones.

Изпратено от моят XQ-AU52 с помощта на Tapatalk

GiocataGrande

Commendatore
May 26, 2016
Why is that? Have you seen the coaching of the last season? It was arguably the biggest weakness of the team as a whole. I still can't believe in what AA did last Summer, it was plain dumb to give such a team to a rookie who had no coach license back then. So now we improved what was the biggest issue.

The squad is better than you think, these players definitely under-performed and that has tainted the picture a lot.
While i agree on that our squad has been underperforming and our coaching might have been our biggest issue, there is no hiding how poor our management and recruiting has been. Allegri can only do so much

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
While i agree on that our squad has been underperforming and our coaching might have been our biggest issue, there is no hiding how poor our management and recruiting has been. Allegri can only do so much
Yeah, this is true but there's not much one can do about that at this point. The mistakes have already been made and you have to live with those.

The club would have struggled with offloading the overpaid and under performing players even if there was no pandemic. Now it's literally impossible to offload the likes of Ramsey and Rugani on acceptable terms (for free + playing big parts of their salaries), that's why Allegri will have to work his magic with these players. Surely that's one of the goals given to him.

In a couple of years we should be able to get out of this but it takes time. Hopefully the club won't repeat the same mistakes and starts operating in much smarter way.

GiocataGrande

Commendatore
May 26, 2016
Yeah, this is true but there's not much one can do about that at this point. The mistakes have already been made and you have to live with those.

The club would have struggled with offloading the overpaid and under performing players even if there was no pandemic. Now it's literally impossible to offload the likes of Ramsey and Rugani on acceptable terms (for free + playing big parts of their salaries), that's why Allegri will have to work his magic with these players. Surely that's one of the goals given to him.

In a couple of years we should be able to get out of this but it takes time. Hopefully the club won't repeat the same mistakes and starts operating in much smarter way.
Agreed. Whats done is done.

We have to put our faith in them not to mess this up and hope that they learn from their past mistakes. Also Allegri is gonna walk on a tightrope between expectations of sucess and financial limitations so it wont be easy. All things considered, there is no other man on this earth that i would like to have in this position. I know he will bring us stability regardless of the mess we have put ourselves in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 148)