Manuel Locatelli - DM - Sassuolo (13 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
yeah, it’s just Juve fans being salty. No one calls Di Natale a pussy for spending most of his career at Udinese.
Salty? Nah. I don’t mind him doing it, even have some respect for it, but as I said, he’s purposefully choosing not to challenge himself on the biggest stage against the biggest clubs. Same deal with Di Natalie. A few decades ago, football was different and a couple players staying at small clubs long term could allow them to break through and challenge for top honours… but it’s no longer the case, and Berardi staying there means he is never going to be playing top level matches on the regular. He lacks ambition in that way I suppose. Not a big deal, I probably should have just said that instead of calling him a pussy. :p

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Salty? Nah. I don’t mind him doing it, even have some respect for it, but as I said, he’s purposefully choosing not to challenge himself on the biggest stage against the biggest clubs. Same deal with Di Natalie. A few decades ago, football was different and a couple players staying at small clubs long term could allow them to break through and challenge for top honours… but it’s no longer the case, and Berardi staying there means he is never going to be playing top level matches on the regular. He lacks ambition in that way I suppose. Not a big deal, I probably should have just said that instead of calling him a pussy. :p
Not speaking about you specifically, I was referring to a lot of Juve fans, including myself. I had the same feelings towards him for a long time, until I realized it was just bitterness at him for having rejected Juve.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
And if he came here Juve benches him, loans to oblivion, uses him in a swap deal or plusvalenzas him. He probably made a good decision.
People don't understand this. Also, very few take into consideration there's no pattern to developing young players. Some of them grow through training with champions, others when they have a stable environment where they consistently play, even if they fuck up a string of games. At bigger clubs there's no margin for error, pressure overwhelms experienced players, so imagine what it does to young players who very often mentally are still kids.
Then we also have late boomers, not every talent explodes aged 18 or 20.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
People don't understand this. Also, very few take into consideration there's no pattern to developing young players. Some of them grow through training with champions, others when they have a stable environment where they consistently play, even if they fuck up a string of games. At bigger clubs there's no margin for error, pressure overwhelms experienced players, so imagine what it does to young players who very often mentally are still kids.
Bernardeschi says HI

rainhard

May 5, 2004
I only caught onto Locatelli's potential last season but made a point of watching almost every Sassuolo game from the past year. He was very consistent. I don't remember a bad game and I can't recall any big mistakes. He's a quiet acheiver ala Marchisio. Showed his maturity last season.
Give him number #8
Marchisio approved

- - - Updated - - -

Nope I believe there is some formula. team like Dortmund know and implemented it
They can groom their young players Sancho, Haaland, Bellingham 3 of their players all under 21 years valued at total 285M Euro
That is 47% of total Juventus' value only for this 3 youngster

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
And if he came here Juve benches him, loans to oblivion, uses him in a swap deal or plusvalenzas him. He probably made a good decision.
He was to be coming here around the same time as Dybala? Same stage of career, actually Berardi had probably accomplished more at that point. If he was good enough, he would have become a starter, just like Dybala. He wasn’t some 18 year old kid with zero experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)