Manuel Locatelli - DM - Sassuolo (150 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 19, 2007
Depends who you sign in other areas, you have 21 non HG spots to fill the squad

Szczesny, Perin
De Ligt, Demiral, Chiellini, Bonucci
Cuadrado, Danilo, Alex Sandro, Frabotta
Bentancur, Arthur, McKennie, Rabiot
Chiesa, Kulusevski, Bernardeschi
Ronaldo, Dybala, Morata

So without Ramsey that's 20, if you add another mid to replace Ramsey you have a full squad already. Then whoever you sell will need to be replaced as well. So we need one HG player to replace someone else to free up a spot (most likely and most conveniently Perin out Mirante in) to add that 2nd mid. Or stick to Fagioli
SO keep 8 defenders for 4 spots
6 attackers for 3 spots and 4 mids for 3 spots?
In no universe is that smart

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
SO keep 8 defenders for 4 spots
6 attackers for 3 spots and 4 mids for 3 spots?
In no universe is that smart
I didnt say that. Those names are just the current team without Ramsey. 20 players. You can have 21 non home grown players, so with Ramsey out you can sign one more. For any new player incoming, you need to sell another one. And for every player leaving you need to replace them. Which is why i said you need a HG player to replace one of the outgoing players to give you room for the 2 mids you want to sign

Apr 19, 2007
I didnt say that. Those names are just the current team without Ramsey. 20 players. You can have 21 non home grown players, so with Ramsey out you can sign one more. For any new player incoming, you need to sell another one. And for every player leaving you need to replace them. Which is why i said you need a HG player to replace one of the outgoing players to give you room for the 2 mids you want to sign
Thats just for CL right? Midfield is not the position you should cut on. Have a defender play only in the league

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Depends who you sign in other areas, you have 21 non HG spots to fill the squad

Szczesny, Perin
De Ligt, Demiral, Chiellini, Bonucci
Cuadrado, Danilo, Alex Sandro, Frabotta
Bentancur, Arthur, McKennie, Rabiot
Chiesa, Kulusevski, Bernardeschi
Ronaldo, Dybala, Morata

So without Ramsey that's 20, if you add another mid to replace Ramsey you have a full squad already. Then whoever you sell will need to be replaced as well. So we need one HG player to replace someone else to free up a spot (most likely and most conveniently Perin out Mirante in) to add that 2nd mid. Or stick to Fagioli
Frabotta is not HG?
P.s. nvm I thought he came through primavera. He’s almost 22 now.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Thats just for CL right? Midfield is not the position you should cut on. Have a defender play only in the league
For Serie A as well. The solution is get a backup keeper who is HG (Mirante), but then you have no alternative for Won if he enters a slump again. You could keep Fagioli as 6th mid, but I do think we need 2 new mids as well, so you'd have to sell more of the current ones. Dragusin as 4th CB is too risky as well and we don't have a fullback or someone to replace Berna who is HG. If we still had Kean it would have been easier.

- - - Updated - - -

Frabotta is not HG?
P.s. nvm I thought he came through primavera. He’s almost 22 now.
Yup, he's just there because, well, I don't know why he's there. But he should go

Apr 19, 2007
For Serie A as well. The solution is get a backup keeper who is HG (Mirante), but then you have no alternative for Won if he enters a slump again. You could keep Fagioli as 6th mid, but I do think we need 2 new mids as well, so you'd have to sell more of the current ones. Dragusin as 4th CB is too risky as well and we don't have a fullback or someone to replace Berna who is HG. If we still had Kean it would have been easier.

- - - Updated - - -

Yup, he's just there because, well, I don't know why he's there. But he should go
But that changes every match. Not for the season. Either way there is no way in hell we would onlky keep 4 mids.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Neither are generational talents, come the fuck on. And I have high esteem of both their capabilities.
Locatelli has some games where he looks like a generational talent, but they are few and far between. His game against Sarri Juve last year at the Mapei (3-3 match) was one of them. Think he had 99% pass accuracy on 92 passes, 8 for 8 on long ball accuracy, and mostly forwatd moving passes. Along with a few tackles, interceptions, etc. Pulled the strings all match for them perfectly. Looked like a superstar in the making.

But those sort of matches are few and far between for him. He looks consistently good the last year or so from what I’ve watched, but not great.

Same deal with Dollarumma probably. Too inconsistent and too many dumb concentration and focus blunders to be a generational talent thus far. Keepers mature later often, so perhaps he still has time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 145)