Manuel Locatelli - DM - Sassuolo (35 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Locatelli has some games where he looks like a generational talent, but they are few and far between. His game against Sarri Juve last year at the Mapei (3-3 match) was one of them. Think he had 99% pass accuracy on 92 passes, 8 for 8 on long ball accuracy, and mostly forwatd moving passes. Along with a few tackles, interceptions, etc. Pulled the strings all match for them perfectly. Looked like a superstar in the making.

But those sort of matches are few and far between for him. He looks consistently good the last year or so from what I’ve watched, but not great.

Same deal with Dollarumma probably. Too inconsistent and too many dumb concentration and focus blunders to be a generational talent thus far. Keepers mature later often, so perhaps he still has time.
I only caught onto Locatelli's potential last season but made a point of watching almost every Sassuolo game from the past year. He was very consistent. I don't remember a bad game and I can't recall any big mistakes. He's a quiet acheiver ala Marchisio. Showed his maturity last season.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
How can we laugh at this when we sold early on Immobile, Berardi, Kean and Spinazzola. We also missed out on Barella and Bastoni. And instead we buy “free” mercenaries every summer.
Imo neither Immobile nor Berardi are big club materials. They are exactly where they are supposed to be. Kean is yet to prove himself but I do agree we fucked up there (although I can't blame much since it's Raiola business), but yeah, Spinazzola mistake is horrible.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Imo neither Immobile nor Berardi are big club materials. They are exactly where they are supposed to be. Kean is yet to prove himself but I do agree we fucked up there (although I can't blame much since it's Raiola business), but yeah, Spinazzola mistake is horrible.
Berardi's yet to have a crack at the big time. But his lack of ambition is a bad sign no doubt.

I don't see why Immobile couldn't do well at a big club. Any examples of late blooming strikers who eventually broke through?

Kean's still only 21. He should be in a squad with less competition. Then we'd see.

As for Spinazzola, I can see why we dropped him. He's similar to Cancelo. Another full back who can't defend and isn't good enough to become a winger convert like Bale.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Berardi's yet to have a crack at the big time. But his lack of ambition is a bad sign no doubt.

I don't see why Immobile couldn't do well at a big club. Any examples of late blooming strikers who eventually broke through?

Kean's still only 21. He should be in a squad with less competition. Then we'd see.

As for Spinazzola, I can see why we dropped him. He's similar to Cancelo. Another full back who can't defend and isn't good enough to become a winger convert like Bale.
Seems like a pussy for keep staying at Sassuolo.

Idk, I think people exaggerate when it comes to Spinazzola's defending. He might not be Bale's level on the wing but the way he penetrates the left side is great. He's great for both Roma and Italy. He's already twice the player Sandro is (this whole season). He'd be a sure starter here.

Immobile was always in shit clubs. Lazio is his peak while he choked abroad. Seems like a big fish but only in a small pond. I also don't like how limited he is while he's not as great as some other players like Toni when it comes to finishing.

Juvellino

Mar 19, 2015
I still don’t like that we sold Immobile for 8m and Berardi for 10m. I could be wrong but I think we made basically nothing for these 2 players.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Immobile was always in shit clubs. Lazio is his peak while he choked abroad. Seems like a big fish but only in a small pond. I also don't like how limited he is while he's not as great as some other players like Toni when it comes to finishing.
Modern football calls for moder strikers/full backs I suppose.

I can't recall any standout full backs atm. Successful sides tend to have players like Spina and just hope they can keep the ball in their attacking half. But thinking about the best fullbacks like Maicon, Alex Sandro at his best is much closer. Calabria is definitely my kind of fullback as well.

Immobile's numbers are pretty Toniesque lately but you just don't see those kind of strikers at the best clubs now. Haaland, Mbappe. Kane these are the typical modern CFs. Bit of shame. P.s just throwing it out there, I reckon Duvan Zapata deserves to be picked up that man is a beast.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Its was stupidity from minute 1.

I satill cant think of a solid reason of why they sold him apart from a couple injuries.

Toi be honest we deserve what we are getting.

SHIT MANAGEMENT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 32)