Manuel Locatelli - DM - Sassuolo (10 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
He is not the finished article but I do see him as the best option available for the regista position
He has the tools to play it better than Bentancur and Rabiot no doubt. Its also why Mancini played him there in Jorginho's absence. He is a good fit. He normally plays more mobile and more free than Mancini's regista allows though, and it limits some of his skills. Basically the team was built around Jorginho as the perfect player for this role. He has shone at all the previous azzurri appearances playing mezzala in place of Verratti.

At Juve, at least with Pirlo if he lasts, the player in the middle does roam more than with Mancini who places more emphasis on short passes. It would work better.

Jun 6, 2015
Yeah not a good match from him.

Also put of position, first match he has played as regista for Italy, looked less comfortable. Maybe this convinces people that he isnt a "Busquets type" player.
The position he plays for Sassuolo is very similar to what he played today. He even often drops between the two CBs when they have possession of the ball and build form the back.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
The position he plays for Sassuolo is very similar to what he played today. He even often drops between the two CBs when they have possession of the ball and build form the back.
At Sassuolo he drops back and also goes forward, its more vertical. A difference to playing in a midfield two or as the anchor in a midfield 3. Magnanelli or Obiang have stayed back more often compared to the more vertical he has.

First time seeing this site but it seems good, came up now as I was looking for a heatmap or statistics to show. For anyone with too much time:

https://serieaanalysis.com/analysis...019-20-scout-report-tactical-analysis-tactics

Interesting read.

For example in last season's Serie A the midfielder with most tackles in the opposition third.

Or in the top 5 of midfielders with more progressive runs, ahead of Fabian, only behind De Paul, Zielinski, Luis Alberto and Castrovilli.

Jun 6, 2015
At Sassuolo he drops back and also goes forward, its more vertical. A difference to playing in a midfield two or as the anchor in a midfield 3. Magnanelli or Obiang have stayed back more often compared to the more vertical he has.

First time seeing this site but it seems good, came up now as I was looking for a heatmap or statistics to show. For anyone with too much time:

https://serieaanalysis.com/analysis...019-20-scout-report-tactical-analysis-tactics

Interesting read.

For example in last season's Serie A the midfielder with most tackles in the opposition third.

Or in the top 5 of midfielders with more progressive runs, ahead of Fabian, only behind De Paul, Zielinski, Luis Alberto and Castrovilli.
Agree, there's a slight difference between playing in a two vs a three man midfield. When playing in a double pivot you can alternate more on who goes forward and who stays back compared to playing in a middle of thee man midfield. However it's not a massive change positionally. Magnanelli has barely played this season, Locatelli's midfield partner has been most often Lopez or Obiang. Lopez who has played the most minutes alongside Locatelli is the more attacking one whenever he plays, with Obiang it's a pretty traditional double-pivot but Locatelli is still the player who drops deep to build-up play from the back.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Yeah not a good match from him.

Also put of position, first match he has played as regista for Italy, looked less comfortable. Maybe this convinces people that he isnt a "Busquets type" player.
There was that one backpass incident which was almost identical to bentancur vs porto

- - - Updated - - -

you know what? f this bum and buy somebody better.

only Italian mid we should of bought was Barella. Even if he's a little dick.
remember when people said we lost out on tonali :seven: he's been a massive bum if anything. Want midfielders? get them from France.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
you know what? f this bum and buy somebody better.

only Italian mid we should of bought was Barella. Even if he's a little dick.
I was never really sold on him. If we don't have better options... maybe. But imo there's no way Locatelli is the next big thing. Him alone wouldn't save our mid surely. IMO he's a great backup to have but not a key player.

I'd also add Zaniolo to that list. They are miles ahead of others when it comes to quality.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Rabiot is far from the problem in midfield.

- - - Updated - - -

Remember when you said we got the better player in Kulusevski? :shifty:
I still maintain that statement. Tonali has shown next to nothing, I'd still like to see kulu play in his natural position and not this striker role shit, it's clearly affected his confidence.

- - - Updated - - -

not only yesterday. A few game lately. Not good.
drop the value to 20 mill. Sounds fair.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Rabiot is far from the problem in midfield.

- - - Updated - - -

I still maintain that statement. Tonali has shown next to nothing, I'd still like to see kulu play in his natural position and not this striker role shit, it's clearly affected his confidence.

- - - Updated - - -

drop the value to 20 mill. Sounds fair.
No wonder fake rumours about the interest of man City and Real Madrid are being mentioned to increase his price

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)