Manuel Locatelli - DM - Sassuolo (11 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 6, 2015
It's not the yellows that worry me, but Bentancur's are almost always a result of something stupid.
This seems to be the narrative around here, don't think it's generally true though. I remember many of his yellows being the result of stopping counter-attacks and those are probably the smartest yellows you can take. Stupid yellows in my book are shouting at the ref, fighting opposition players and so on.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
This seems to be the narrative around here, don't think it's generally true though. I remember many of his yellows being the result of stopping counter-attacks and those are probably the smartest yellows you can take. Stupid yellows in my book are shouting at the ref, fighting opposition players and so on.
He often gets early yellows in matches, and some unnecessary. Not every counter needs to be stopped with a yellow card foul and he seems to have trouble distinguishing dangerous counters when it is worth a yellow from non-dangerous ones, where 1-2 attackers outnumbered by those already back.

His passing can be pretty lazy and sloppy too.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Talking about yellows, I can't think of any other player doing as brilliant as Vieira. He had like the most smart fouls ever which resulted no yellows. I can't think of any player who did it as effectively as him.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
He is prone to unforced errors and thus is forced in a position to make stupid challenges as a result.

He makes too many mistakes at this level and there's no sign of any improvement in that regard.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Dunno, don't watch Sass frequently enough. Simply pointing out that pretty much every single midfielder playing in a deeper position tends take yellow cards. It's not a not negative although Tuz would like to believe so. I'd be more worried if the DM in the team didn't take yellows by stopping potential counter-attacks for example.
Good point :tup:

- - - Updated - - -

Why am I one of those who are not sold on this guy?
Because you are notoriously skeptical?:grin:

Boksic

May 11, 2005
I like Locatelli and would like us to sign him but he seems to be very overrated here.

He alone won't solve our midfield problems and we badly lack a starting quality midfielder with a goal threat. Then again having a competent coach would go a long way to improving our midfield too.

Last edited:

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Dunno, don't watch Sass frequently enough. Simply pointing out that pretty much every single midfielder playing in a deeper position tends take yellow cards. It's not a not negative although Tuz would like to believe so. I'd be more worried if the DM in the team didn't take yellows by stopping potential counter-attacks for example.
Even Tuz darling Verratti gets them

- - - Updated - - -

I like Locatelli and would like us to sign him but seems to be very overrated here.

He alone won't solve our midfield problems and we badly lack a starting quality midfielder with a goal threat. Then again having a competent coach would go a long way to improving our midfield too.
I agree. We need a second midfielder for sure. Someone who can provide a threat in the opposition's final third. Whether its shooting, link up play, clever runs or through balls etc someone who offers that threat high up the pitch so we aren't so reliant on Cuadrado

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)