Manuel Locatelli - DM - Sassuolo (10 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Fuck Pogba.

Come at me, bro.

- - - Updated - - -

United without Pogba this year: 10 wins - 1 draw. Talk about useless dud on massive wages.

Ramsey 2 goals - 4 assists in 827 minutes

Pogba 3 goals - 0 assists in 1348 minutes
I'd also say Fuck Ramsey. He's an overpaid often injured player, so there's that.

Who would you bring in? Locatelli alone isn't enough.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I'd also say Fuck Ramsey. He's an overpaid often injured player, so there's that.

Who would you bring in? Locatelli alone isn't enough.
You just called Ramsey a useless dud on massive wages but he’s produced more than Pogba over the last 1.5 seasons, played a similar number of minutes, and is on half the wages... yet you think we should sign Pogba? Based on what? His performances 5 years ago? Ramsey was also a “top” player 4-5 seasons ago.

You ask who I would bring in? I’ll tell you who I absolutely wouldn’t bring in. I wouldn’t want us to sign any massively underperforming player on massive wages in hopes they return to form from several seasons ago.

I’d sign Locatelli and one other top young CM with high upside on reasonable wages. If Paratici had been doing his job that would have been Barella a couple seasons ago. Or Aouar this past summer. I’m sure other names shall come up too.

Last edited:

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
You just called Ramsey a useless dud on massive wages but he’s produced more in than Pogba over the last 1.5 seasons, played a similar number of minutes, and is on half the wages... yet you think we should sign Pogba? Based on what? His performances 5 years ago? Ramsey was also a “top” player 4-5 seasons ago.

You ask who I would bring in? I’ll tell you who I absolutely wouldn’t bring in. I wouldn’t want us to sign any massively underperforming player on massive wages in hopes they return to form from several seasons ago.

I’d sign Locatelli and one other top young CM with high upside on reasonable wages. If Paratici had been doing his job that would have been Barella a couple seasons ago. Or Aouar this past summer. I’m sure other names shall come up too.
Agree - pig a has done absolutely nothing for the last 2 years. He needs a very bespoke midfield around him and in my eyes SMS is a similar cost and twice the player.

People with a hard on for Pogba should think of what he’s going to cost. Signing him means no other signings. He’s available on a free in 2022 - get him then if we insist

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
@Bianconero81

For reference. We’d be signing Pogba at age 28, and paying him well north of 10 mil net/year coming off two seasons of:

League + Europe
2019-20: 1 goal - 3 assists - 1442 minute
2020-21: 3 goals - 2 assists - 1526 minutes (thus far)

We signed Ramsey at age 28, 7 mil net/year coming off two seasons of:

League + Europe
2017-18: 11 goals - 9 assists - 2388 minutes
2018-19: 6 goals - 7 assists - 1810 minutes

So why exactly are you and others who bitched about the Ramsey signing, fapping about signing Pogba, given the above? Ramsey played more minutes/was injured less, and produced vastly more. We also got him on a free, while Pogba would cost a significant fee.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
@Bianconero81

For reference. We’d be signing Pogba at age 28, and paying him well north of 10 mil net/year coming off two seasons of:

League + Europe

League + Europe

So why exactly are you and others who bitched about the Ramsey signing, fapping about signing Pogba, given the above? Ramsey played more minutes/was injured less, and produced vastly more. We also got him on a free, while Pogba would cost a significant fee.
I'm not fapping about Pogba, especially not on insane wages and a hefty transfer fee/commission to zee fat fuck. However, I know what Dabhoe is capable of, and a motivated in-form Pogba shits all over Ramsey.

Ideally, I'd bring in Locatelli and Aouar. I'd also look into other young studs like Gravenberch (or others of his ilk).

Jun 6, 2015
@Bianconero81

League + Europe

League + Europe

Pogba is different level of talent compared to Ramsey and would be a massive upgrade even in his current form. Obviously you can make an argument that the resources needed to get Pogba are better spent elsewhere.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
what about that goncalves dude from sporting? is his price already a gazillion, are pl clubs in a bidding war for him? i wouldn't mind locatelli + him (or aouar). hunger is needed, and pogba doesn't look too hungry to me

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
what about that goncalves dude from sporting? is his price already a gazillion, are pl clubs in a bidding war for him? i wouldn't mind locatelli + him (or aouar). hunger is needed, and pogba doesn't look too hungry to me
exactly.

we need players who hungry. fabian is not attainable. so we have to look for alternatives.

locatelli
aouar
pasalic

if we get these three suddenly midfield is lifted and you can play different formation in midfiled

classic 3: mckennie-locatelli-Aourar

possession based: arthur-locatelli-aourar

2 cm plus am; locatelli-arthur
pasalic

SMS is a dream signing. maybe it would be easier to get him if lazio don't get CL.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
Pogba is different level of talent compared to Ramsey and would be a massive upgrade even in his current form. Obviously you can make an argument that the resources needed to get Pogba are better spent elsewhere.
You can't since the Pogba type of player is what we need the most in this team. There is absolutely nothing and no one needed more than Pogba or a Pogba-like player next season.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Let's be honest here. Is Locatelli really that good? I mean really. Milan didn't seem to care much.

Honestly, I would have rather had Barella obviously.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Let's be honest here. Is Locatelli really that good? I mean really. Milan didn't seem to care much.

Honestly, I would have rather had Barella obviously.
You probably said the same thing about Barella a couple years ago. :p

I’d rather have both. Two young Italians that could form the backbone of the team in midfield for the next 7-8 years :tuttosport:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
You probably said the same thing about Barella a couple years ago. :p

I’d rather have both. Two young Italians that could form the backbone of the team in midfield for the next 7-8 years :tuttosport:
Maybe. Probably. I'm always skeptical of hyped up Italian players.

Barella also played pretty much every match for Cagliari. Locatelli started sometimes and came off the bench, then Milan loaned and sold him. Milan certainly haven't been football Chomsky's but that would be a concern of mine.

- - - Updated - - -

He looks a lot better than Arthur. Would Juves midfield system be the best to system for him to flourish? Undecided
Not sure, and I'm also not sure he will take us to the next level either. He's better than what we have though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)