Manchester Fans Vote For Defeating Juve in 1999 As Their Second Best Achievement (2 Viewers)

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Manchester Fans Vote For Defeating Juve in 1999 As Their Second Best Achievement during Ferguson's era which continued since more than 20 years...

Here is the result of the voting on their official site:

1st: Bayern 1 United 2, UCL final - 33.6%
2nd: Juventus 2 United 3, UCL semi 2nd leg - 22.3%
3rd: Arsenal 1 United 2, FA Cup semi replay -17.4%
Others: 26.7%

As expected, the night Sir Alex finally reached the peak of European football, in the most dramatic of fashions, was voted the best game of his reign. United’s second European Cup win cakewalked the vote, comfortably topping the colossal triumphs-over-adversity victories against Juventus and Arsenal from the same season.

http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid={B4CEE8FA-9A47-47BC-B069-3F7A2F35DB70}&newsid=376690

-------------------------------------------------------

I know this match may carry some sad memories for most Juve fans who saw it on TV live like me, but it is nice that the fans of this big club appreciate winning against Juve that much...

Buy on AliExpress.com

loyada

Feb 6, 2005
that year we were very bad (in our standard)in serie A and in CL group stage (goal difference) culmunating with lippi's resignation.
it was not a big failure seeing the situation we were in.

Jan 7, 2004
ReBeL said:
Manchester Fans Vote For Defeating Juve in 1999 As Their Second Best Achievement during Ferguson's era which continued since more than 20 years...

Here is the result of the voting on their official site:

1st: Bayern 1 United 2, UCL final - 33.6%
2nd: Juventus 2 United 3, UCL semi 2nd leg - 22.3%
3rd: Arsenal 1 United 2, FA Cup semi replay -17.4%
Others: 26.7%

As expected, the night Sir Alex finally reached the peak of European football, in the most dramatic of fashions, was voted the best game of his reign. United’s second European Cup win cakewalked the vote, comfortably topping the colossal triumphs-over-adversity victories against Juventus and Arsenal from the same season.

http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid={B4CEE8FA-9A47-47BC-B069-3F7A2F35DB70}&newsid=376690

-------------------------------------------------------

I know this match may carry some sad memories for most Juve fans who saw it on TV live like me, but it is nice that the fans of this big club appreciate winning against Juve that much...

that game, holy crap. doing so bad in the league and having big hopes for the cl. it started amazing with inzaghi scoring 2 goals (within 15 mins iirc)and then there was a certain 5 minute interval where deep inside i knew that even though we were leading 2-0 there was no way in hell we were gonna make it. and again iirc man u tied the game at halftime and went on to score a third. the tie would have seen them through

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
Man Utd fans tend to recall that game for Keane's performance. He got booked early on, which meant he'd miss the final, but he pick himself up and kept Zidane very quiet all game.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
Don Bes said:
and then he got into a drunken fight at a bar the night of the final
Really? I hadn't heard that, and I'm inclined not to believe it. He had alcohol problems before that, but I think he'd gone dry by that point.

Jan 7, 2004
mikhail said:
Really? I hadn't heard that, and I'm inclined not to believe it. He had alcohol problems before that, but I think he'd gone dry by that point.

well, i rember hearing something on tv back home. not very reliable source plus it was long ago. so, dont take my word for it

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
Don Bes said:
well, i rember hearing something on tv back home. not very reliable source plus it was long ago. so, dont take my word for it
Fair enough. I can certainly see him having gotten wound up by some random punter taunting him for missing the final, alcohol or no. :smile:

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

holy crap, we lost that game so slowly and painfully. though i feel nothing for them i was so sad for bayern munchen later on. main reason why i hated man u so much, they really made me sick in that final.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Yeah, that game was one hell of a thriller.

To see Juve losing that way was relly painful, especially because we didn´t deserve it.

I remember some great chances for ours 3rd goal, but unfortunately it didn´t happen.

After that game + Final Game Vs Bayern Manchester United became 3rd Club on my hate list.

However it is sweet to know that before that game in 1999 we gave them some hard time in CL Group Stages.

BTW. While we´re speaking abt. this game - Does anyone have Highlights of that Match?

Alfio_87

Nov 21, 2005
Del Piero was injured badly at the time i remba and u always knew Man Utd where going to come back! We needed the third goal but it neva came and once they cracked us once they kept comming and they ended up winning as they deserved for a gutsy performance like that!

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
vlatko said:
holy crap, we lost that game so slowly and painfully. though i feel nothing for them i was so sad for bayern munchen later on. main reason why i hated man u so much, they really made me sick in that final.
i used to hate them so much, for beating Juve and Bayern.
However later i just realised that if ur 2-0 up and lose then it ur problems not others. Same goes to Bayern.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

sateeh said:
i used to hate them so much, for beating Juve and Bayern.
However later i just realised that if ur 2-0 up and lose then it ur problems not others. Same goes to Bayern.
still the way bayern lost was nothing short than disgusting imo. 2 goals in stoppage time, 2 clumsy, lucky goals...

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
vlatko said:
still the way bayern lost was nothing short than disgusting imo. 2 goals in stoppage time, 2 clumsy, lucky goals...
:agree:
actually them losing that final is one of the reasons i hate Bayern. Many stars weren't done justice by not winning that final.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)