Managers (1 Viewer)

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
I noticed that there isn't a thread on managers. As I know very little about the different coaches, I was wondering what you all thought of them.
Lippi, Ferguson, Ranieri, Houllier, etc-comparisons, comments, et all

Buy on AliExpress.com

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Lippi should take charge of the Dutch NT, we need someone with authority :D

Ranieri and Houllier are idiots, Topmöller is the king of self-destruction and so is Van Gaal. Advocaat is too afraid to take risks. Ancelotti will never win Serie A. Ferguson should quit. Del Bosque is the worst coach ever. Koeman is the best coach at the moment.

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
what's wrong with Del Bosque?

i really dont see why Ranieri hasnt been replaced yet. He's a good honest coach, but not the one to lead Chelsea to the top

Bobby Robson is a jack :groan:

Gordon Stratchan, my god :LOL: whatta a character :LOL: i wouldnt want to be the guy who interviews him :D

OP
Henry

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
  • Thread Starter #5
    good start! I know twice as much about coaches now than I used to! :D

OP
    Henry

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
  • Thread Starter #11
    Houllier seems like the kind of coach that takes his team to the top five, but can't win it all. He gets them high, but never quite wins it all. very annoying

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by HWIENIAWSKI ] ++
    Houllier seems like the kind of coach that takes his team to the top five, but can't win it all. He gets them high, but never quite wins it all. very annoying
    kinda like Ancelotti in serie A

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    What's wrong with Ranieri?

I don't know much about his time in Italy, but in England, he came in and stabilised a Chelsea team which had up to then been known as inconsistant and underperforming. With almost no money, he rebuilt a seriously ageing squad.

Now he has bucket-loads of money, and he's bought pretty well (apart from maybe Veron), and only lost two games this season, one of which was against Arsenal with all three of his established centre-halves injured.

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
    Davids Moyes is being very strict to nurture Rooney.... i respect what he's doing to that boy..eventhough he knows eventually there will be some other bigger teams that will reap the reward...:touched:

Gus Hiddink should be put among those miracaulous revolutionary coaches... he turned a nobody team in international football into a giant killer in the world cup....just one step short from a World Cup Final...:eek::eek: ..yeah yeah ....they buy the referee and sht.... keep them coming ;)

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by aressandro10 ] ++
    Davids Moyes is being very strict to nurture Rooney.... i respect what he's doing to that boy..eventhough he knows eventually there will be some other bigger teams that will reap the reward...:touched:
    i think he's being a tad to strict

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by -CSD- ] ++
    i think he's being a tad to strict
    Not really. With the way the English media works, the whole "Roonaldo" thing could get out of hand. I'm sure there are visions of Gascoigne dancing in Moyes' head.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by HWIENIAWSKI ] ++
    He has enough money that he can buy success, but not enough sence to buy well. Top it off with woeful tactics, and you have a recipe for the eternal 'Underachieving Big Club'

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)