Man Utd-juventus (1 Viewer)

Loppan

Jul 13, 2002
What bugs med with Beckham is that when he scores from a freekick it's all "What a wonderful goal" and he gets tons of attention, but when let say DP scores from a freekick it's not even mention (outside of Italy).

Buy on AliExpress.com

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Loppan ] ++
What bugs med with Beckham is that when he scores from a freekick it's all "What a wonderful goal" and he gets tons of attention, but when let say DP scores from a freekick it's not even mention (outside of Italy).
Yes, I agree, but it doesn't take anything away from the player. Its not his fault if he gets the attention, he's done more than enough to earn it!

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
RVN is better than Trez, and also is in better form

Playing a 4-4-1-1 at Old Trafford will get us a draw AT BEST !!

I hate Man U so much, and couldnt wait for DP and company to kick their rear ends, but now I am very doubtful

sheva

Aug 7, 2002
++ [ originally posted by sheva ] ++
Hey guys , if you didn't realise, my two favourite players in the world are Del Piero and Sheva(look at my name).
Anyway ,on hearing the news of Alex's injury, not only was I dis-heartened, but I lost all hope in the team, something that I can say that I am very ashamed of now:down:
With the loss of Alex, can be two things for us, a kick in the balls or a date with Britney Spears, aka really bad or really good.
I truly believe that football is all about motivation.The loss of our leader could possibly just be the excuse that Juve need to play with all their heart:eek:Everyone is doubting our capabilities right now ,so what better time to show them that they are wrong!!!
Camoranesi, Di Vaio, Buffon and Trez are really hungry and I believe that given the motivation from a guy I call Slippy Lippi, that there is no limit to what we can achieve:cool:Especially Di Vaio, imagine if he gets back to his old Parma form:cheesy:We would now have a couple of lethal finishers in front of the goal.
Someone said that Veron won't play,:D, well thats just more hope for me:devil:Best case scenario, I say we could possibly win our home match in a very entertaining game and use the old time Italian defence away and hope for a draw.Once we win one, I say excellent job well done.
There two paths that we can take , I say once we take the right one we'd be fine;)
cheers Sheva
From Soccerage
Coach Marcello Lippi, for one, is not about to give credence to the suggestion that Juventus are Del Piero-dependent and expects his team to deal with their captain's absence like they have with that of other key players in the past.

"When a champion like Alex is injured," said Lippi, "there are two ways of responding: you can either sob and moan about it or you can react by raising your game that much higher.

"At the beginning of the season we had to make due without important players like Trezeguet, Conte, Zambrotta, Pessotto and Tudor yet still managed to progress in the Champions League and stay in the thick of the title race," he continued. "As we did then, we just have to continue giving our best and look forward to when Del Piero will be back, as he will give us that vital boost for the final stretch of the season".

Geese I guess Lippi pretty much sums up what I said,
WOW great minds really do think alike:eek::D

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++
RVN is better than Trez, and also is in better form

Playing a 4-4-1-1 at Old Trafford will get us a draw AT BEST !!

I hate Man U so much, and couldnt wait for DP and company to kick their rear ends, but now I am very doubtful
RVN is better player than Trez, as he holds the ball far better, and more powerful. However, as a forward, there is no way Van Nisterlooy is better than Trezeguet. Trezeguet is an "animal" around the box. The opposition's penalty box is his "sanctuary". Van Nisterlooy, though is a very good goal scorer, he doesn't have that sense of pure preditor around the box like Trez or Inzaghi. And at the end of day, Strikers are judged by their goals and Trez is clearly better than Nisterlooy in this respect.

I think playing a lone forward won't be that bad because, it will be very hard for Man U central defenders to mark Trez, and his goal scoring instinct. Also playing 5 in midfield would give more protection to the defence. After all, I have been bitterly disappointed by the way our defenders played against quality forwards. Lazio game comes to my mind. Furthermore, by crowding the midfield, we may able to disturb the rythm in Man U's play. If you allow Man U to play flowing football then you are in trouble. Beside, a point in Old Trafford would be an outstanding result without Del Piero, as Depor were beaten convincinly in that stadium.
However, the biggest benefit of playing 4-4-1-1 is that Man U are horrible at picking that segunda punta playing just off the forward. Remember Rui Costa when Fiorentina beaten Man U handsomely at the Franchi stadium. Raul destroyed Man U when he played as a second striker. Nedved with his goal scoring ability should be able to do the same given time and space. I don't the Man U has the organzier who can pick the player playing behind the forward in their back line. Keane has leadership qualities but he is by no means a classic registra. Blanc and Ferdinand hasn't quite developed partnership so I can see this being possible weakness alongside their full backs. Granted, if we run at Neville and Silvestre then we can create a lot of problems in this area of field.

Play 4-4-1-1 in Old trafford and then swith it to 4-4-2 in Delli Alpi.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Jun I always enjoy resding your posts and agreeing with most of what you say but this time, I do not agree with almost everything you have said here

Trez is not a predator in my view , just a world class finisher in Batistuta mould definitely not like Inzaghi while Rvn is one of those strikers that i like, can score, is quick, has great lateral movements and does not give defenders ounce of peace

How Nedved is in the same class as Raul as a second striker is beyond my thinking and who exactly in our side has the pace to run at Silvestre on our wings

I do not know the last time you watched Man United but they do not play with Blanc anymore, its more of Brown and Ferdinand and the Man united that lost at Fiorentina is not the same Man united of today and we do not have a Rui Costa in that form in our books

We just need to be aggressive but if Alex decides to put Phil Neville on Nedved, then we are in for rough nite but hey Man united are by no means invincible

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Loppan ] ++
So? Beckham doesn't get that much credit outside England either!

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Oded.......i mentioned this season before i compared the players. Silvestre is having a good season and since Pessotto hasnt played a hand full games, i think he wins that battle this battle. And Zambrotta is a better player than silvestre, but has only played a hand full of games at left back this season.

Pessotto, as far as his career goes, well, of course he is better.

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Holden ] ++
Are we talking about Beckham's activities on or off the pitch?
I'm talking about his on-the pitch activities. OK so marrying a spice girl makes them very much in the eye of the public, but its up to the papers, not the player, what they write.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
Jun I always enjoy resding your posts and agreeing with most of what you say but this time, I do not agree with almost everything you have said here

Trez is not a predator in my view , just a world class finisher in Batistuta mould definitely not like Inzaghi while Rvn is one of those strikers that i like, can score, is quick, has great lateral movements and does not give defenders ounce of peace

How Nedved is in the same class as Raul as a second striker is beyond my thinking and who exactly in our side has the pace to run at Silvestre on our wings

I do not know the last time you watched Man United but they do not play with Blanc anymore, its more of Brown and Ferdinand and the Man united that lost at Fiorentina is not the same Man united of today and we do not have a Rui Costa in that form in our books

We just need to be aggressive but if Alex decides to put Phil Neville on Nedved, then we are in for rough nite but hey Man united are by no means invincible
Denco, you are quite right in insisting that Batisuta and Trez are more of a class finisher's than Owen, Inzaghi, however I do think Trez is more natural goal scorer than Van Nisterlooy. One the major reason for my argument is that Trez lives for goals. Even Trez himself admitted backheels, and flicks don't mean anything to him. He has the "Striker's" mentality. :). That applies to Bati, Owen, and Inzaghi as well. Ruud is not quite in the "mould" of strikers who are always thirsty for goals.
What Ruud is better than Trezeguet is that he holds the ball more effectively, so that he brings midfield into the game much more. Also once Ruud has his back turned against defender, there is no where they can take balls off him. He is strong as Ox. Trez, doesn't quite have that kind of strenght and technique, but he has better movement and better first touch. I personally believe Ruud's movement is little bit predictable. I think this aspect is covered by the fact that Man U's ability to play some breathless attacking displays and quick change from defence to attack. Therefore, they often outnumber opposition's defenders when they counter attack. If Nisterlooy plays in Serie A where in my opinion defence line is much more organized than Man U's and defenders are much more capable in one on one situation, he would more likely to be used as a "Target man" in terms of Corradi rather than goal beast like "Trez" or Pippo. RVN is different class from Corradi even though latter is very good.:).
Besides, there aren't many teams that can provide as many chances as Man U. Just imagine what Trezeguet can do on Man U shirt!:eek::D.

Denco, you are quite right. Nedved is nowhere near in the league of Raul.:). As a second striker anyway.;).
I am sorry, if I made to sound if Nedved is just as good second striker as Raul:p.
The point was that I have not been convinced by Man U's ability to pick up second striker behind the first, even though, in truth I haven't seen them that much this year. There is only certain amount of matches you can see.:D. However, I did see Man U play Arsenal, and I thought they were magnificent in marking two Arsenal strikers, Wiltord and Henry. This is hardly surprising considering that both Brown and Ferdinand is extremely athletic and good man to man defenders. I think their weakness is that none of them have great footballing brain, and I think they COULD be suspectible to dropping little bit and hence given them something to think about. I think playing orthoodx 4-4-2 is playing to their hands. However, I too believe that being aggressive is the key. We must take the rythm out of their game, otherwise, we aren't getting any point in Old trafford.
A lot this is being speculative, but I think it is worth a try.

Silvestre has matured as a player. His pace is absolutely brilliant, and he covers the defence so well. Not a bad attacker on the wing, too. However, I think his weakness is that his positioning is not very good and he is not a disciplined defender. His tackle against Basle, in my opinion, was clear penalty. I think Camo with his tricky rythm gives him a great advantage against Silvestre if he runs at him one on one. Also, maximizing the wings via crosses is very important because I can see Trezeguet winning some headers in the air. I watched Depor and Man U game and I noticed that Man U aren't that comanding in the air in defence.
And true, they are not invincible.:D. However, at this instant, I think they are better team than us. I would be extremely satisfied with point in Old Trafford and 3 in Delli Alpi.:D

Loppan

Jul 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++

Yes, I agree, but it doesn't take anything away from the player. Its not his fault if he gets the attention, he's done more than enough to earn it!

I still think he's overrated

Holden

Aug 3, 2002

I'm talking about his on-the pitch activities. OK so marrying a spice girl makes them very much in the eye of the public, but its up to the papers, not the player, what they write.
Well in that case, he gets the attention that being England captain and playing for Man Utd would get you you. He's a role model to kids, so I really don't think he getting over exposed.

What he gets up to off field doesn't interest me. Can't stand his wife though.:D

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
how is it his fault?
he holds gigantic parties where he invites everyone, he shows up everywhere with a new haircut or some fancy sarong, he's one a million magazine covers.....

he's very hot in norway too, and they show many documentaries about him here. from what i've seen of him he doesn't exactly try to keep himself out of the spotlight like giggs has done.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)