Man Utd capture Larsson on loan (2 Viewers)

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Decent move for man u, still expect them to sign a big name striker in january.

For the attention of RoverBhoy. You tims home recordd is under threat tomorrow when the mighty dons come to call. I'll be the guy who leads the pitch invasion when Aberdeen score the last minute winner

Alfio_87

Nov 21, 2005
this guy deserves nothing but respect come back from horrific injures and played at such a high level he just loves the game all heart and class! good signing!!!

OP
Roverbhoy

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
  • Thread Starter #25
    juve red said:
    Decent move for man u, still expect them to sign a big name striker in january.

For the attention of RoverBhoy. You tims home recordd is under threat tomorrow when the mighty dons come to call. I'll be the guy who leads the pitch invasion when Aberdeen score the last minute winner
    hehe...I'm just on ma way oot ra door the noo to parkheed..I'll keep an eye out for yah...and yur sheep.................only kiddin'

The dons, i must admit, are a threat today.
    I don't know how Selic are doing iyt these days as some of the footie is god awful

OP
    Roverbhoy

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
  • Thread Starter #27
    Alfio_87 said:
    this guy deserves nothing but respect come back from horrific injures and played at such a high level he just loves the game all heart and class! good signing!!!
    ...nice post

OP
    Roverbhoy

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
  • Thread Starter #28
    Martin said:
    Generally speaking, footballers choose to spend their holidays in one or all of the following ways: (i) quaffing alcopops in tacky resorts; (ii) spouting banalities for TV channels covering tournaments they weren't good enough to qualify for; or (iii) coaxing impressionable young ladies into co-starring with the whole team in special interest movies that could be described as art house if only they'd thought of overdubbing a foreign language dialogue. So it's always sensational when a maverick soul eschews these customs and does something truly unexpected. We've had Linvoy Primus trekking around the Great Wall of China for charidee, David James setting up a scheme to help under-privileged kids in Malawi and today, most surprisingly of all, we've had Swedish striker and philanthropist Henrik Larsson announce he's going to spend his vacation helping the MU Rowdies win the Premiership.

With the Swedish season having just ended, the Helsingborg hitman decided to accept Lord Ferg's plea to come and bolster the Rowdies' Victoria Beckham-thin squad; he'll arrive at the DevilBowl in January and stay for three months before returning to Sweden for the new season. "Lord Ferg called me last night," revealed the man whose record at the Queen's Celtic proves he was the most devastating force to hit Scotland since, well, England. "It feels nice to come and play for such a big club. I know the players - they are really good," continued the Swede, possibly while looking at a squad photo out of which Kieran Richardson and John O'Bese had been carefully airbrushed.

Luring Larsson seems like a masterstroke by Lord Ferg. He may be 35 but as he demonstrated just seven months ago when turning the Big Cup final in Barcelona's favour, he still oozes class. Louis Saha and Wayne Rooney will remain first-choice spearheads, but Larsson will allow them time to rest and serve as a crucial barrier between Alan Smith, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and a starting place. So, since it is a surprising and cheap mid-season switch that could turn the title race in the Rowdies' favour, the signing of Larsson could justifiably be compared to Fergie's famous capture of a certain celebrated Frenchman: Laurent Bl ... sorry, Eric Cantona.

:D

wish I'd wrote this...damn good, damn good

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    Andy said:
    Always thought he was overrated.
    In what way?

In the ads he makes (not that I recall any), in the reputation he has, just being a good striker, reliable, does the job and never complains?

In having long term injuries and coming back to scoring every time?

I just don't understand the use of the word overrated anymore actually.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    Martin said:
    ... Larsson will allow them time to rest and serve as a crucial barrier between Alan Smith, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and a starting place.
    This would be Ole "Play me on the wing: I don't care, I'll score anyway" Gunnar "And screw the two years' worth of injuries, I'm still awesome" Solskjaer? I'd start him any day. The man's a legend.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    mikhail said:
    This would be Ole "Play me on the wing: I don't care, I'll score anyway" Gunnar "And screw the two years' worth of injuries, I'm still awesome" Solskjaer? I'd start him any day. The man's a legend.
    :tup:

OP
    Roverbhoy

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
  • Thread Starter #34
    Jacques said:
    In what way?

In the ads he makes (not that I recall any), in the reputation he has, just being a good striker, reliable, does the job and never complains?

In having long term injuries and coming back to scoring every time?

I just don't understand the use of the word overrated anymore actually.

I agree...Larsson has never been one to beat his own drum...very modest and private man

OP
    Roverbhoy

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
  • Thread Starter #37
    mikhail said:
    I'm with you chess king

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)