Mafia 2020 - Find the carrier (4 Viewers)

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
You didn't do bad, Kyle. You did pretty good actually.
I was pleased to find out that you were the BG. If it was a newbie, Klin or Janna, this was gonna be a G win after 2 nights.
You realized that it's smart to tell everyone that you're the BG, you got ALC, which was imo the game decider, and you realized that you had to investigate Piotrr or Voller tonight. Only that Cerval jailing was a mistake, but it's only due to not being fully aware of the rules.

:tup:
@ALC, was such an obvious G :lol: When he's a C he plays like he doesn't care at all but this time he seemed scared off his ass.

Right before I accused him publicly, i was certain he was G, I sent him PMs asking about suspects and from his responses sussed out Cerval and Voller.

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
Why you didn't recruit me Viking, not nice.
You were too much of a suspect at the time.

And that's why he was investigated. He made himself a huge suspect with his reactions :) That's due to inexperience, tho. He'll do much better in the next game, as we all did in the past.
Definitely inexperience. It was hilarious to witness the panic though. :D

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
So he contacted you and followed your lead on who to jail, but still didn't follow your instructions on who to vote for? :D
Kyle was a stonewall, I respected it at first but it became overzealous. I pmed him half a dozen times to work together, pretty much refuses to hear me out/reply, super paranoid and cautious to even have basic convo, explained himself in one long pm, kudos. But otherwise zero interest to share ideas or thoughts even after I cleared myself as the 2nd jailer.

The caution works, but its still important to dial down the paranoia and work with other civilians, there is no way I could be recruited while I contacted him as jailer, so didnt need to tell me chocolate is D, but hearing Matt is the lawyer from him would done whole alot to my as fellow C to how I process whats going on in the thread. Who to look for next. Being cautious is the name of the game, but building network of allies is too.

Great game tho Kyle, but defenitely cooperation and little trust wouldnt hurt.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Is someone in tuz a psychologist?

I am wondering what is the reason why some people are so afraid to be killed in this game?
Janna for example, was bragging how she wasn't killed as a G in some old game, despite her team losing eventually. Why is staying alive in a virtual game more important than winning?
Klin is so afraid that he might be killed, that he refuses to think logically and sees conspiracies and tricks in everything everyone says.
Is it our basic instinct for survival in real life that forces our actions in a virtual game?

Some people, I guess, would just like to play longer.
Is playing the game longer the ultimate prize or is it the win?

Perhaps it's different for everyone, but once you learn how different players approach the game, it's easier to play (with) them.

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
Kyle was a stonewall, I respected it at first but it became overzealous. I pmed him half a dozen times to work together, pretty much refuses to hear me out/reply, super paranoid and cautious to even have basic convo, explained himself in one long pm, kudos. But otherwise zero interest to share ideas or thoughts even after I cleared myself as the 2nd jailer.

The caution works, but its still important to dial down the paranoia and work with other civilians, there is no way I could be recruited while I contacted him as jailer, so didnt need to tell me chocolate is D, but hearing Matt is the lawyer from him would done whole alot to my as fellow C to how I process whats going on in the thread. Who to look for next. Being cautious is the name of the game, but building network of allies is too.
You were the only civilian that didn't follow him. I think he did the right thing even if it absolutely kills the game. :D

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006

Great game tho Kyle, but defenitely cooperation and little trust wouldnt hurt.
Or you could've trusted my judgement and listened to me. As I mentioned you were welcome to PM your thoughts but I wasn't telling you any roles or shortlists. Its a judgement call I made and I don't regret it.

And tbh while I was certain you had to be the jailer I didnt really trust you because at times you were playing in a manner that i did not understand

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
New avatar for the next mafia game :p

I got killed 4 times out of 4 on day one in the previous mafia games with the old avatar. Hoping to survive longer this time.

Someone open a new thread.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006

I am wondering what is the reason why some people are so afraid to be killed in this game?
Janna for example, was bragging how she wasn't killed as a G in some old game, despite her team losing eventually. Why is staying alive in a virtual game more important than winning?
Klin is so afraid that he might be killed, that he refuses to think logically and sees conspiracies and tricks in everything everyone says.
Is it our basic instinct for survival in real life that forces our actions in a virtual game?

Perhaps it's different for everyone, but once you learn how different players approach the game, it's easier to play (with) them.
Yea the game is a lot better when you follow two rules

1. trust your judgement
2. dont fear death

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002

In the unique setting of mafia in XTs rules and this forum too since it was taken from there (no where else is it allowed to talk to eachother in PMs or chats about the game, more boring IMO). I find it more enjoyable what you risk in thread and behind the scenes then staying alive.

Most fun games I had as C have been games I been whacked (not when its first day tho, that sucks), same thing with G, besides doing your best to avoid being investigated, risking being lynched and loudly defending yourself or throwing fake smoke in every direction to deflect is whats fun.

Which is why I why I thought ALC was kinda boring because he didnt want tro try to outright go for a passionate and manipulate last stand as G, he just let it happen (he wasnt investigated no?). Thats when its truly fun. He just stopped trying, no urgency or desperation even if odds stacked against you, no fall guy to try to frame, its why I got tunnel visioned on piotrr, he showed the same kind of laize faire non saying defence to being accused. When 90% of the time, atleast for me, I accuse someone just to see how they react, if its barely a reaction, no urgency or desperation to share their thoughts of innocence or suspicions of others, I tend to lean on that they are either a G or a special role C etc. But then again its been too long around here so you dont exactly know how peoples playing styles are, only remember how Klin, Alen and Matt plays.

In short, really should not matter, even if you should survive aslong as possible, its better what you throughout before your untimely demise.

Best G game I ever had was one I was investigated and lynched as G in 2nd day, because managed to fake being D and get BG whacked first day (and D same night I was lynched). Knew from day 1 I was dead, but PM convos with real D in first day, and faking D in thread (D was a new quiet player that slipped a little in a post), was way more fun then the idea of being quiet and surviving to last day.

Last edited:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
You were the only civilian that didn't follow him. I think he did the right thing even if it absolutely kills the game. :D
Oh mea culpa on Cerval part, I would 100% voted him if there was a risk someone else would be lynched (even if he wasnt investigated Cerval became obvious with how jittery he reacted to being accused). It was more symbolic day is over vote on piottr, didnt think you would risk exposing yourself and went off Tuz.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
In the unique setting of mafia in XTs rules and this forum too ...
I deliberately forced the Gs hand to whack me 2 days ago. I even sent a PM to Kyle telling him what I plan to do.
The ground was already set for a boring C win and it was extremely important to protect the D on day 1. If they couldn't get the D they were gonna go after me. I was fully aware of that. And I'd have had so much trouble to turn the game to a G win if they recruited me later, so I preferred to be killed that night.
I knew that they hated the no lynch, the BG going public thing and they'd want to get rid of me. I also mentioned enough names, accusing them of being G, and I knew that at least one of them was gonna be a G and he'll whack me, thinking that I got him.

I'd have never done that if the game had the potential to be more interesting, though. I'd have tried to remain longer in it :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)