Mafia 2016 - مافيا ۲۰۱۶ (3 Viewers)

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
Generally speaking as a G team we were pretty unlucky because Osman had little to no time in the first days and then when we recruited Kate she had no time till the last day.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Kudos to the G team considering the circumstances, especially Radekas throughout and ILFJ on last days who stepped up. Kate was best C by far, why we recruited her, didn't seem enthusiastic G but would won us the game if wasn't due to unlucky technicality probably. Maddy wasnt around like me which was a shame for us and the game in general.

Best set of newbies for a game in a while, especially Basel and Qwisto who have a lot of promise, reasoned well, only thing they need to do is stand their ground and not necessarily be intimidated / become followers to those who make less sense. Igor did well too tho he didn't say much, knew when to set pressure on peeps and follow the leaders. Colla made little sense but he was hilarious mofo.

Sorry for making poor impression on most of the new players, wasn't a tactic just bad timing, shouldn't have signed up, assumed game would start in less busy work week for me, defenitely my most lazy and inactive game yet, never got going at all. With my schedule this was probably my last game here since it isn't possible to play through cell phone as before (especially as a G or special role that requires total attention and activity).

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Osman gets all the credit for whacking Alen when in fact both me and ILFJ suggested that Alen might not protect himself before Osman went full "whack Alen" :sad:.
Whacking me was an illogical move, despite ending perfect for you.

When Soren told me early on day 2 that he's the detective and that he investigated Colla, I, despite not trusting him fully, checked out why did he investigate Colla. I was :wallbang: when I saw that he investigated Colla only because Colla voted for him.
I immediately told him that the Gs know that he's the D.

I also assumed right away that the Gs know that Soren will contact me.

Then I had the easy option to put Soren in jail and protect myself. The downfall for that option was that on day 3 the Gs would have had a 50% chance to whack one of me and Soren.

That's why I decided to play the game that got me whacked. I chose a random person to be jailed - Mohad. I figured that if Mohad was a C, it will confuse the Gs. You'd either think that Mohad might be the D (he's afterall someone who might investigate Colla) or if Mohad is a G, you'd think that I don't know who's the D (and that's why I'm not jailing him) so you'll proceed to whacking Soren.

But the plan went bad. Instead of not posting at all, Soren started posting here very late, so perhaps you thought that I jailed Mohad because I didn't know who's the D, and I found out about the D late in the day when Soren started posting.
Then the lawyer story. I called for the lawyer to contact me. No response. I call again, and again, but no response. I had to add the D in my calls and I guess this was my main mistake that got your attention. And I was calling for the lawyer only because I was afraid that the only non active player (Osman) might be the lawyer, and Osman was close to being lynched in the three way.

In any case, there was little rationality in deciding to whack me. I played it in a too complicated way, when all I had to do was to play it simple. I was thinking two steps ahead and that's what killed me. I thought that there was a G who followed my steps and I was trying to fool that guy.

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
Thank you guys, and thanks @radekas for giving up :delpiero:

It was by far my worst experience as a part of this game. It was fun in the beginning, because I was interested in seeing how certain players would play but it lost its charm quickly and I was having a terrible time keeping track of the votes etc. Props to all previous narrators for their effort and patience and more importantly for their willingness to do it again :D

I made a few changes to the rules, some of which were not clear (although in my mind obviously they were). I should have communicated it and I didn't. It was a mistake. I assumed everybody would read the first post in its entirety and I thought if there was any ambiguity you'd let me know. My assumption was also wrong, cause I'm myself guilty of only skimming through the rules to see if anything catches my eye. I understand your frustration @Osman, but I think Soren's gunblaze had little to no effect on the outcome of the game. Whacking Alen was btw a legendary move and shows why you are the best player of this game. Great game by the Gs overall, although i won't give you all the credit because I had never seen a worse game by civilians :p If it hadn't been for that autolynch, it would have been a gangsters' win imo. @IliveForJuve, i'm proud :touched: I think you had a nice game and did a great job, especially in the beginning, to convince Cs that you are just a clueless civilian. I think the only problem was that later in the game your disregard for evidence was so blatant it kind of gave your role away.

@Kate was fantastic, and X saved the game for civilians at the end. Our newbies were all good, especially Basel.

Finally, @Fr3sh my friend, you bring joy to this game. You made me laugh so much during the game I'm wondering what you must have done to the Gs :lol:
I had to double check the role pm I'd sent you just to make sure I hadn't mistakenly sent the wrong role (i swear) :p:heart:

what-a-black-guy-on-crack-that-cant-happen_o_716185.gif
Thank you :heart:

Also, thanks again for letting me play! I think I learned a lot from this game.

- - - Updated - - -

Osman gets all the credit for whacking Alen when in fact both me and ILFJ suggested that Alen might not protect himself before Osman went full "whack Alen" :sad:.
:dule:

Man, I was so proud of myself when we got Alen :D

- - - Updated - - -

Kudos to the G team considering the circumstances, especially Radekas throughout and ILFJ on last days who stepped up. Kate was best C by far, why we recruited her, didn't seem enthusiastic G but would won us the game if wasn't due to unlucky technicality probably. Maddy wasnt around like me which was a shame for us and the game in general.

Best set of newbies for a game in a while, especially Basel and Qwisto who have a lot of promise, reasoned well, only thing they need to do is stand their ground and not necessarily be intimidated / become followers to those who make less sense. Igor did well too tho he didn't say much, knew when to set pressure on peeps and follow the leaders. Colla made little sense but he was hilarious mofo.

Sorry for making poor impression on most of the new players, wasn't a tactic just bad timing, shouldn't have signed up, assumed game would start in less busy work week for me, defenitely my most lazy and inactive game yet, never got going at all. With my schedule this was probably my last game here since it isn't possible to play through cell phone as before (especially as a G or special role that requires total attention and activity).
Kudos to you, man.

Inactivity definitely killed us but I had a lot of fun nonetheless :D

- - - Updated - - -

Whacking me was an illogical move, despite ending perfect for you.

When Soren told me early on day 2 that he's the detective and that he investigated Colla, I, despite not trusting him fully, checked out why did he investigate Colla. I was :wallbang: when I saw that he investigated Colla only because Colla voted for him.
I immediately told him that the Gs know that he's the D.

I also assumed right away that the Gs know that Soren will contact me.

Then I had the easy option to put Soren in jail and protect myself. The downfall for that option was that on day 3 the Gs would have had a 50% chance to whack one of me and Soren.

That's why I decided to play the game that got me whacked. I chose a random person to be jailed - Mohad. I figured that if Mohad was a C, it will confuse the Gs. You'd either think that Mohad might be the D (he's afterall someone who might investigate Colla) or if Mohad is a G, you'd think that I don't know who's the D (and that's why I'm not jailing him) so you'll proceed to whacking Soren.

But the plan went bad. Instead of not posting at all, Soren started posting here very late, so perhaps you thought that I jailed Mohad because I didn't know who's the D, and I found out about the D late in the day when Soren started posting.
Then the lawyer story. I called for the lawyer to contact me. No response. I call again, and again, but no response. I had to add the D in my calls and I guess this was my main mistake that got your attention. And I was calling for the lawyer only because I was afraid that the only non active player (Osman) might be the lawyer, and Osman was close to being lynched in the three way.

In any case, there was little rationality in deciding to whack me. I played it in a too complicated way, when all I had to do was to play it simple. I was thinking two steps ahead and that's what killed me. I thought that there was a G who followed my steps and I was trying to fool that guy.
The problem with your plan is that you bluffed too much about the D not contacting you, calling him a moron or a noob, etc etc... It made it kind of obvious that you were bluffing. That's how we realized you were protecting the D instead of yourself. :p

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
The problem with your plan is that you bluffed too much about the D not contacting you, calling him a moron or a noob, etc etc... It made it kind of obvious that you were bluffing. That's how we realized you were protecting the D instead of yourself. :p
Yeah, but you should have thought that "I'm bluffing that I'm bluffing". If you took Mohad's jailing into consideration, you should have thought that.

Seriously, none of you asked yourselves why did I decide to jail Mohad? And did you guys actually assume that Soren is the D or you didn't?

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Mohad was taking into consideration, mentionned lightly twice as possible whack choice (even before he was jailed), but behaved too aggressively for D and it's dumb to jail D in first occasion since that kinda gives it away too soon.

And whacking you was completely logical, there is no way you aren't protecting the D when you know his identity. It only became more logical when you made too big of a meal about not being in touch with him. Becomes obvious when it's an act you pulled in several previous games. But essentially it's down to not being able to afford not protecting the D, random chance to kill him is not acceptable.

And it would been random because non of us thought Sören was D.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
And it would been random because non of us thought Sören was D.
See, this is what killed me.
You simply must have assumed that he's the D. I would have never protected him if I wasn't sure that you know his identity. I'd have taken that 1/12 risk to randomly kill the D and protected myself.
You weren't active and I'm sure that's why you didn't know. If you had time you'd have asked yourself who on earth would investigate Colla and you'd have seen that it can only be a civilian who was attacked by Colla and thought that only a G can attack him like that on day 1, i.e Soren (and that's exactly why Soren investigated Colla btw :D )
It happened lots of times before the D to make such a silly investigation on day 1. Fred was catching the D like this multiple times.

This wrong assumption of mine was the reason for my mind games. Eventually, you all took it like I'm amateurishly bluffing and you decided to whack me.
I played move 1 (protect Soren), move 2 (protect myself), move 3 (protect Soren), move 4 (protect myself) and move 5 (protect Soren), thinking that you'll follow me up to move 4, while you smashed me like a fly while never moving from position 1 :lol:

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
I would have never protected him if I wasn't sure that you know his identity. I'd have taken that 1/12 risk to randomly kill the D and protected myself.
Agreed, can't understand why people argue otherwise. I remember having this discussion with someone when I was the BG in a similar situation. You gotta protect yourself with those odds. :D

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Agreed, can't understand why people argue otherwise. I remember having this discussion with someone when I was the BG in a similar situation. You gotta protect yourself with those odds. :D
Even more, the Gs knew I'm the BG so I was well aware of the possibility for a second whacking attempt. Lots of you played with me when I was a G and I was the one who suggested a whacking attempt on the G in many of the previous games. I knew that most of you would expect a risky move from me to protect someone else on day 2.
If I knew that they didn't know who's the D, there was no chance I'd protect that fucker :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)