Lukas Podolski (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pavelnedved

official nedved copy
Jul 15, 2006
no thanx gio can do a bitter job there......Podolski IMO is not needed in juve. We have 4 top strikers ATM (trez, amuari, alex and Iaqiunta) all those players IMO R bitter than Podolski. I've watched many of bayern games this season (few of them he played anyways) but everytime he failed to impress......If we're going for a young forward then we bitter get a player like rossi.
i can see you actually watched bayern last season :tup:

... unlike many hypers over here who've seen like 3 games of him in two years

i rather schweinsteiger then him
one of the worst bayern players of the last two seasons

Buy on AliExpress.com

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
Like Alen said, why we just don't buy a great LM rather than a versalite attacker who IMO will not add nothing new and better to Juve. Plus I'm sure that this is just another BS rumour. I really don't understand why are we linked to so many strikers, and why are we going to completly change our striking force (at least according to media) when in last season that was our best part of the team.

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
Ok to tell you the truth,i would not mind having Podolski in Juve,especially as i see him more of a left winger rather than a striker,and with that kind of speed,he would suit left wing more than striker anyway..he has not performed well for bayern last season,but he was great when he played for Koln,and everytime he plays for Germany,he has always performed great..IMO Bayern bought too many players who could fill the same position and then they start losing their touch,i mean Schlaudraff,Altintop,Sosa,Schweinsteiger,and Podolski all could play in the same position,and all are trying to fill just one spot..I think if given the chance,Podolski could really shine...I've always liked german international's mentality

Berbatov

Oct 19, 2004
No! We don't need him.
and Who was last german player in Juventus? Kohler?
First don't forget Podolski is born in Poland,second if you remember the name Zbigniew Boniek this move can't be named as worst or whatever you called. For me Lukasz is top quality player and can be very usefull.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Podolski is a penalty box striker who only delivers when he gets the confidence of the coach, so basically when he plays regularly. Those are useless characteristics for a player at a top team.
:howler:

Might as well just discuss football with my fucking dog. Hey, at least he can run fast, kick a ball, and understand when matters are good or not.

Apr 12, 2004
First don't forget Podolski is born in Poland,second if you remember the name Zbigniew Boniek this move can't be named as worst or whatever you called. For me Lukasz is top quality player and can be very usefull.
...and don't forget that Niko and Robert kovac were born in Germany, Ivan Klasnic, and the Altintop twins were too.

With the prompting of a member, I was told to compare Podo with Yak, and also what my thoughts were in general about Podo.

First of all, Podo is not a "penalty box" striker. What the hell is that? Shoot and try to score in 18 yards, anything greater than that we're going to burn you at the stake? Well, that's not the dumbest thing I've ever heard, but it's certainly the dumbest thing I've heard today.

Fact is, Podolski is a support striker, he is a Delpie. This is why he doesn't play NOW at Bayern because our wing play and outside crosses/flank work determines that we need to not use a player like that. That is why we play Rigatoni and Dr. Miroslav Mengele (who incidentally took a couple weeks to write a book on how to goose-step at high speed to make it look like running).

We use players that are better in the air because that is the game we play.

If I were the coach, Toni is out the door right now for being a diver, and the best part is, we would make a profit. The fucker makes something like 250K Euros a week or something like that. After that, Klose too. But Super Mario and boom, Mario and Podo up top.

Podo is a great dribbler, good creative player, and pretty good defensively for a forward. But remember, he's a forward/attacking midfielder, not an out and out striker. In comparison to Yak, he's better at distance shots, better dribbling, passing, and is a faster/younger/quicker player. But he's not as good in the air as Yak, and may not get into scoring channels as well as Yak, either.

But I'm biased toward dribbling creative players, and young ones, I don't like goal poachers that much.

But I watched probably 30 of 34 Bundesliga games last year, and all the Euro games. Also, I saw probably 20 Juve games.

(If that matters to anyone.)

But I'm not sure how well he would fit into your system.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
It's just usual bias on this forum. Podolski is obviously the better player overall.

And you will receive criticism about wanting Mario in the squad. He sucked this past month indeed, but he is still a capable forward in the Bundesliga.

pavelnedved

official nedved copy
Jul 15, 2006
First of all, Podo is not a "penalty box" striker. What the hell is that? Shoot and try to score in 18 yards, anything greater than that we're going to burn you at the stake? Well, that's not the dumbest thing I've ever heard, but it's certainly the dumbest thing I've heard today.
fair enough, let's not put a lable on him. mine is degrading anyway as i called him a 'penalty box' who does not know how to score. Thing is that i think he's not even smart enough to play like a 'runs channels' (beating the offside trap) à la inzaghi (without the goal-poaching obviously), although he has the speed for it.

Fact is, Podolski is a support striker, he is a Delpie. This is why he doesn't play NOW at Bayern because our wing play and outside crosses/flank work determines that we need to not use a player like that. That is why we play Rigatoni and Dr. Miroslav Mengele (who incidentally took a couple weeks to write a book on how to goose-step at high speed to make it look like running).
What? Podolski isn't anything that del piero is. Podolski isn't that good a dribbler (unless running past your opponent = dribble) and, as i said, he mainly has to have it from his speed, not his 'technique'. Oh yeah, Podolski is barely any creative which is enough to nullify that comparison for always.
Moreover his right foot is crap. Really really useless.

Podo is a great dribbler, good creative player, and pretty good defensively for a forward. But remember, he's a forward/attacking midfielder, not an out and out striker. In comparison to Yak, he's better at distance shots, better dribbling, passing, and is a faster/younger/quicker player. But he's not as good in the air as Yak, and may not get into scoring channels as well as Yak, either.
i agree on the bolded part. i think the rest is just :burke:
ok, podolski IS a better dribbler than iaquinta but come on, it's like praising nocerino because his dribble qualities are better than molinaro's. dribbling is not what iaquinta is about.
i think podolski doesn't have the technique to be called or to play like an attacking midfielder.

To me podolski is mainly about speed + a good (long range) shot (with his left foot obviously). His finishing though has been very inconsistent at bayern. As a matter of fact he mainly choked when given a starting spot. Can't believe you did not see that.

But I'm biased toward dribbling creative players, and young ones, I don't like goal poachers that much.
well you have a great one in ribéry

I simply can't get why one would bring Podolski to Juve ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)