Luis Suarez - Forward - Liverpool (77 Viewers)

If possible, would you sign Luis Suárez?

• Yes, he's a great player

• Yes, but only if the price is right

• Begrudgingly, his talent outweighs the negatives

• No, his character doesn't reflect well on Juventus

• No, he is almost subhuman

• Kill it, kill it with fire!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
I don't know if he'll "bite" people again per sei, but his crazy attitude surely won't change.

It's definitely a risk to take. If we have the money, we shouldn't think twice.

Same goes for Ibra. These players have too much talent to ignore just because they have attitude problems.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Oh god, this one will take all summer. I really hope they let me work day and night during the summer so I don't have to sit and refresh this thread all the time.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I don't know if he'll "bite" people again per sei, but his crazy attitude surely won't change.

It's definitely a risk to take. If we have the money, we shouldn't think twice.

Same goes for Ibra. These players have too much talent to ignore just because they have attitude problems.
Ibra got an attitude problem ?

what did he do wrong at milan ?
what did he do at psg before the fans criticised him, despite him basically carrying their team with tons of goals (nominated for most scumbag fans)

Suarez got an attitude problem ?

what dressingroom problems is he causing ?
How many cards is he receiving ?
FA are a bunch of morrons, giving him double the racism ban for a slang word, compared to terry's actual racism, and 10 games for a bite, while a legbreaking tackle, or nosebreaking ellbow gets 3 games max

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
but but... he bites!

It would be a good business to get a player that plays superb football, but is one serious asshole?.
And dont come with the "Conte will slap him up and make him work" excuse... because conte is not his dad and you know he will continue biting people in Juventus.
"he will continue biting people in Juventus" :lol2:

If we do manage to sign him we should chain giovinco to heater and Suarez can bite every part of his body whenever he wants.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
it is for Lo-Pan, apparently.
Its pointless to put words into my mouth, Ahmed. I said nothing of the sort...Its easier for some 'fans' to have zero interest in the characters of our players and to be solely interested in how they can help us drive towards glory. I have an interest. As do the many others who have this notion of Lo Stile Juve which was branded upon us a decade or two ago. Without knowing the club's history its easy to see why supporters have no interest in the idea of a club ethos, other than winning.

However, I am not of that flock. I have seen, like many others, the more rugged elements of the Juve team since the early 90s. Kohler could be a brute...Julio Cesar left many in a crumpled heap of misery...Zidane was spiteful...Baggio was also spiteful. Montero could be monstrous. Cannavarro was a wonderfully cultured thug in his heyday with us. Davids loved to put himself about. Still...none of them come close to hpow I personally view Suarez, which is of a spiteful, racist moron who lacks the intelligence or interest in improving his behaviour. He simply doesn't seem to give a fuck...Which again, I understand some fans will enjoy. I don't.

There is a huge difference for me between winding a fellow professional up about the colour of his skin, biting players, incredibly unsporting conduct shown on the greatest stage of them all...and Zidane kicking out after a tackle brought him down, montero going through a player to get ball and thigh, cannavarro tripping some heels whilst holding his hands palm up.

Bites and Racially motivated antagonism are classless. Still, at least Suarez got Tyson's support eh...

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009

what did he do at psg before the fans criticised him, despite him basically carrying their team with tons of goals (nominated for most scumbag fans)

FA are a bunch of morrons, giving him double the racism ban for a slang word, compared to terry's actual racism, and 10 games for a bite, while a legbreaking tackle, or nosebreaking ellbow gets 3 games max
I will try this one more time...Through the natural course of football matches, legs will get broken, tendons will be snapped, ankles will be hacked. A player can break a leg through arriving into a tackle miliseconds late or early. A bite is never a legitimate attempt to play the ball. It cannot be. A slang word to Suarez is not taken the same way by a french black man. Clearly...
For example, I could spend all day referring to some of my mates as mongs. But if I was around someone with Down syndrome, or another mental illness, I would not use such language. You are basically suggesting that Suarez didn't mean it in a nasty way, so there, the culprit here is Evra, for making a big deal out of nothing. That is nonsense...would you find it amusing if someone close to you had down syndrome and i did mong impressions to you and kept laughing in your face and calling you mong?? I doubt it...or maybe you would???

To even question IF Suarez has an attitude problem is at best...somewhat odd. Most professional footballers don't have history of
headbutting referees, biting players, fighting with his own team-mates, racially abusing fellow professionals, moaning about the English media persecuting him for cheating and admitting cheating in the same interview...

Its not an opinion, but a fact, to say part of his character is moronic, violent and uncontrolled.

Perhaps there are some people who would take great pride from seeing their 15 year old son headbutt a referee??? I probably wouldn't.

The defense of the racism issue as 'its slang' or 'its what his nana called him as a kid', basically only makes sense if you are including in your argument that Suarez is brain damaged. The world is not confined to Uruguay and his grandmother...its a little larger than that, and some black people, most definitely do not find it amusing, or acceptable, to be told they will be kicked for been black, that they wont be spoken to because they are black...

So what is it, Zach? Do you think Suarez is brain damaged? Or that headbutting, biting, fighting, racial antagonism, are all fine and dandy, and not in any way the sign of a bad attitude...

Collaguazo

Pezuña Brava
Mar 4, 2012

Exactly! The FA are just hypocrites and full of double standards. How they didn't punish their golden boy terry for the same offense Suarez did, was beyond ridiculous.

This is the best time to get Suarez if Juve really wants him. But the club has to act quickly and get advantage of this situation. Marotta should take a plane and fly to Liverpool tomorrow.

- - - Updated - - -

I will try this one more time...Through the natural course of football matches, legs will get broken, tendons will be snapped, ankles will be hacked. A player can break a leg through arriving into a tackle miliseconds late or early. A bite is never a legitimate attempt to play the ball. It cannot be. A slang word to Suarez is not taken the same way by a french black man. Clearly...
For example, I could spend all day referring to some of my mates as mongs. But if I was around someone with Down syndrome, or another mental illness, I would not use such language. You are basically suggesting that Suarez didn't mean it in a nasty way, so there, the culprit here is Evra, for making a big deal out of nothing. That is nonsense...would you find it amusing if someone close to you had down syndrome and i did mong impressions to you and kept laughing in your face and calling you mong?? I doubt it...or maybe you would???

To even question IF Suarez has an attitude problem is at best...somewhat odd. Most professional footballers don't have history of
headbutting referees, biting players, fighting with his own team-mates, racially abusing fellow professionals, moaning about the English media persecuting him for cheating and admitting cheating in the same interview...

Its not an opinion, but a fact, to say part of his character is moronic, violent and uncontrolled.

Perhaps there are some people who would take great pride from seeing their 15 year old son headbutt a referee??? I probably wouldn't.

The defense of the racism issue as 'its slang' or 'its what his nana called him as a kid', basically only makes sense if you are including in your argument that Suarez is brain damaged. The world is not confined to Uruguay and his grandmother...its a little larger than that, and some black people, most definitely do not find it amusing, or acceptable, to be told they will be kicked for been black, that they wont be spoken to because they are black...

So what is it, Zach? Do you think Suarez is brain damaged? Or that headbutting, biting, fighting, racial antagonism, are all fine and dandy, and not in any way the sign of a bad attitude...
The word "negro" in South America has a positive and affectionate connotation most of the times. Okay I doubt it that Suarez used the word in that way but Evra was also being racist towards Suarez. He called him "sudaca" and that's an offensive word for South Americans. Of course the FA didn't care about that because and Evra was painted as the victim.

The British (white population) are one of the most racist people in the word. Of course they hide between their political correctness and "gentleman" behaviour acting like they still rule the world so they can still have a dominant position over the blacks, pretending to be protecting them.

This whole campaign about racism just keep reinforcing the idea that white people are superior to black people and they need protection from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 72)