Luis Suarez - Forward - Liverpool (31 Viewers)

If possible, would you sign Luis Suárez?

• Yes, he's a great player

• Yes, but only if the price is right

• Begrudgingly, his talent outweighs the negatives

• No, his character doesn't reflect well on Juventus

• No, he is almost subhuman

• Kill it, kill it with fire!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
"I'd say the chances of Bayern bidding for Luis Suarez are about 1% at the moment. One per cent because you can never rule out anything completely but close enough to 'not going to happen'."

- Rafael Honigstein (probably the most prominent Bundesliga-focused journalist in the UK)

Buy on AliExpress.com

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
Wouldn't we have enough money to sign this guy were we to win or go far in the Champions League?

Based on CL prizes, we've already made over €22m, if we beat Bayern we should have something close to €30m, plus whatever we can spend...

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Getting through the group was already budgeted for, though, I think.

It's only what's been earned for getting to the QF (and beyond, if it happens) that could really be treated as a bonus to be added to the transfer budget.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012

It's only what's been earned for getting to the QF (and beyond, if it happens) that could really be treated as a bonus to be added to the transfer budget.
:agree:

Imo that is what he(Marotta) meant when he says 'Transfers depend on results'

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013

I see. That means we can still make about €25m + €1m for each win (starting at the QF). Will be anything but easy, though.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
On an estimate we're looking at something close to 70m in earnings for reaching the CL final,~60m for making Semis and around 50-53m if we bow out in the quarters.

Winning it though would give us so much additional revenue especially in Sponsorship deals and merchandising which would increase dramatically.One can dream i suppose :claire:

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
I'm no financial expert, but didn't we spent up to 80mln in the last few years even without CL and stadium revenue?

If we really want Suarez I don't think it would be such a problem to spend the money only on 1-2 players than spread it to 5-6 players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 27)