Luis Suarez - Forward - Liverpool (3 Viewers)

If possible, would you sign Luis Suárez?

• Yes, he's a great player

• Yes, but only if the price is right

• Begrudgingly, his talent outweighs the negatives

• No, his character doesn't reflect well on Juventus

• No, he is almost subhuman

• Kill it, kill it with fire!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
What you rate him for is his performances with Juve and probably a few games in Arsenal. Im from Denmark and having seen his performances throughout the past 4 years I know more of his abilities then you. No offense. I could be wrong in my valuation? Claiming Bendtner is a talented player will only make people laugh around here, i know. But when you score a brace against Portugal etc and remain a first choice striker for your country (a country that has lifted great honor these past years), you are entitled a great player in my book. I for one would love to see him leave ASAP, but denying his abilities is a joke.
So because you're from Denmark, makes you know more about this plums ability more than others. Ridiculous.

It's obvious to me the dudes crap. But I live in England so what do I know huh? I'm not from Denmark.

Out of curiosity so I'm totally understanding what level you regard your dude from Denmark. Could you compare him with another striker of his level by any chance.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Like they weren't with Torres?
Coming off two fairly successful CL seasons and one in the europa league certainly had something to do with driving up his price, especilly since he had just signed a contract extension that season. Also, one very important factor that led to that inflated price was that it was a mid-season January purchase. If Suarez puts in a request now, I don't think Pool can do too much to stop him from leaving under 40m. Two seasons ain 7-8th place is also weakening them financially and they're going to have to cash in while they can.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Really unless they are in some real financial trouble, which they aren't, then they can get his real value. Suarez has also continually said he is happy there, so it looks more likely that you would have to do the deal with Liverpool first and see his response, rather than try to turn the player's head.

May 22, 2007
Coming off two fairly successful CL seasons and one in the europa league certainly had something to do with driving up his price, especilly since he had just signed a contract extension that season. Also, one very important factor that led to that inflated price was that it was a mid-season January purchase. If Suarez puts in a request now, I don't think Pool can do too much to stop him from leaving under 40m. Two seasons ain 7-8th place is also weakening them financially and they're going to have to cash in while they can.
I'm not really interested in how much Suárez will cost (it'll easily be €35m+ at this rate), but I think you should stop underestimating Liverpool's control in this transfer. They aren't struggling with money and the new TV deal will rain cash down on them. This isn't Fulham. It's similar to how Juventus would have demanded the world for Chiellini in 2011 after a couple of shit seasons, but to a lesser extent because strikers cost more in general anyway.

It's a dream that an oil club can have right now. Lower the expectations all of you.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
This is generally the problem, and every mercato. Our own inability to sign players who may be available is one thing, convincing yourselves that we have a fair chance to sign players we don't is another.

Dec 31, 2008
“It’s clear that a striker who scores 20 goals a season would be a wonderful addition to any team, but good players are not cheap,” Tardelli, a former midfielder for the Old Lady, told Tuttosport.
“Suarez would be an ideal signing given his power, technique and directness, but I think that his purchase would be too complicated.
“I think that Real Madrid’s Gonzalo Higuain would be a more realistic path to go down for the club.”

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Really unless they are in some real financial trouble, which they aren't, then they can get his real value. Suarez has also continually said he is happy there, so it looks more likely that you would have to do the deal with Liverpool first and see his response, rather than try to turn the player's head.
They definitely are or better said "will be" if they miss out on the CL.

4ndr3i

Aug 2, 2012
You'd have a bigger shot at winning the lottery than Marotta signing Suarez. Come on, Liverpool won't let this guy go for anything less that a €40 -50 mil offer. He pretty much is Liverpool atm. Also, he has a contract with them till 2018 so the club has all the leverage on a potential deal.

Bottom line, they won't sell him, not to us anyway, and not for a Vucinic+10 mil offer like some of you guys said. LOL.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Just forget him. Buying Jovetic already seems to be impossible while Sanchez will be difficult to get. Getting Suarez is more complicated than getting the other two combined. If he leaves he'll go to Madrid/Barca/Bayern or some oil club like PSG or even City.

deggen10

Jul 27, 2011
There's little reason for Suarez to leave. EPL is the showtime league now, so CL isn't such a major pull. Kind of like Serie A's prime...

Only chance is for Suarez to have another mis-communication 'incident', preferably with a team-mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)