Luis Suarez - Forward - Liverpool (5 Viewers)

If possible, would you sign Luis Suárez?

• Yes, he's a great player

• Yes, but only if the price is right

• Begrudgingly, his talent outweighs the negatives

• No, his character doesn't reflect well on Juventus

• No, he is almost subhuman

• Kill it, kill it with fire!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18935349
Juventus plan Robin van Persie and Luis Suarez bid

...Juventus sporting director Giuseppe Marotta and president Andrea Agnelli are aware the Dutchman is not, however, motivated simply by money and - as well as offering a package worth £190,000 a week - believe it is the possibility of playing alongside Suarez that could sway his thinking.

...Such is the strength of Juventus's interest in Suarez that they are likely to make an offer for the 25-year-old whatever Van Persie decides to do.
Privately there is a growing confidence at Juventus that both players will move to Turin this summer.
Where did the BBC get this bs from? Anything like that from the Italian press?

DelPieroTen

Dec 8, 2009
I find this very odd from the BBC to have this as their main news story. I don't think that they are above transfer gossip but I wouldn't expect them to post articles unless there was an element of truth about them, let alone the main article. Like others are saying it all seems a bit far fetched.

I would like van Persie to join us but I do have slight reservations over his injury proneness. If we get him for a decent price, not the 25 million Arsenal are wanting, then he would be a fantastic signing.

I'd have more reservations about Luis Suarez. He has always gained a lot of bad press, most of which has been uncalled for. However, ever since the Evra race issue and the way things have panned out since, I'd have to question whether he'd be good for our club. If things weren't going well, would he have the ability to really knuckle down, keep his mouth shut and play his football?

In terms of what he can do on the pitch I would also have reservations over his scoring record. It must be hard for him in that Liverpool team but his record is poor, he missed a lot of chances last season. However, he has flourished at international level and his record for Ajax can't be questioned so i'm not writing him off by any means.

I just wouldn't like us to spend heavy on Suarez and despite his questionable scoring recording, most people generally seem to think Suarez has been a roaring success at Liverpool so I would assume they would want a lot more than the 22m they paid for him 18 months ago.

It's probably going to take weeks for all of this to pan out anyway. van Persie probably won't move until at least the middle of August the way things are going just now

Luftwaffles

Il terzo uomo
Dec 1, 2005
It will not take weeks to pan out. I should imagine that the RvP thing will conclude v soon.

If Juve sense that it will take £20m+ to land him, I suspect a move for Destro will be made B4 v long.

The big deal will be for Stefan Jovetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)