Luis Suarez - Forward - Liverpool (9 Viewers)

If possible, would you sign Luis Suárez?

• Yes, he's a great player

• Yes, but only if the price is right

• Begrudgingly, his talent outweighs the negatives

• No, his character doesn't reflect well on Juventus

• No, he is almost subhuman

• Kill it, kill it with fire!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FlavioJuve

Jun 6, 2007
It's not as much about what he did as much as the fact that he is an asshole on all levels, if we were playing against Milan and for example Maldini does something similar to the Buffon's phantom goal incident or Suarez's incident in the WC people will not take it as hard as when it's done by a $#@! like Ibra or any other douche player however Suarez is a racist $#@!, asshole, jerk to say the least and it pains me to see such player wearing our shirt, i don't want to see douche bags in my team it's really that simple even if you can't find there is logic behind it, beside there is a business side that you can't ignore, we need clear our image in front of the whole world and we won't be doing that by having the likes of Suarez running around.
Calling him rasist is saying you believe newspapers more than his own words. I cannot really do anything with that.
If people don't like him that's simply because he is a fighter, who always wants to win.
Improving our image? I don't care what others think of our club. If they hate us it is simply because they can't beat us.
If you think about it, for that exact reason Suarez would be perfect for us.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Juventinho

Hamilton saved my ass...
Nov 4, 2004
Calling him rasist is saying you believe newspapers more than his own words. I cannot really do anything with that.
If people don't like him that's simply because he is a fighter, who always wants to win.
Improving our image? I don't care what others think of our club. If they hate us it is simply because they can't beat us.
If you think about it, for that exact reason Suarez would be perfect for us.
Of course i wouldn't believe his own words, if you talk like duck walk like a duck and look like a duck then you are probably a duck and he talks like cunt acts like a cunt and looks like a cunt and i have no doubts that he is a cunt.

The image matter whether you like it or not, Real Madrid and Barcelona almost cover the entire costs of players like Messi and Ronaldo from shirt sales, i am talking about glory hunters yes but these glory hunters make good money for the club this is why clubs put so much marketing in this, now we have a crap image and we are sadly known to be as a club of cheaters so having a racist scumbag like Suarez will not do that image any better.

While it's really cool to have the ''me against the world'' attitude and win as a person for a club or any other money making institution this is bad for business.

FlavioJuve

Jun 6, 2007
Of course i wouldn't believe his own words, if you talk like duck walk like a duck and look like a duck then you are probably a duck and he talks like $#@! acts like a $#@! and looks like a $#@! and i have no doubts that he is a $#@!.

The image matter whether you like it or not, Real Madrid and Barcelona almost cover the entire costs of players like Messi and Ronaldo from shirt sales, i am talking about glory hunters yes but these glory hunters make good money for the club this is why clubs put so much marketing in this, now we have a crap image and we are sadly known to be as a club of cheaters so having a racist scumbag like Suarez will not do that image any better.

While it's really cool to have the ''me against the world'' attitude and win as a person for a club or any other money making institution this is bad for business.
By your logic Juventus is a club of cheaters, because others say we are. I don't believe you would agree with that, do you?
But when it comes to Suarez you believe it is fair making judgement?

Suarez is actually a type of player people will come to see and (especially in South America) would buy a shirt for. Next to how good he is in terms of increasing the possibility of winnig prices he would in fact be a good asset for a company such as Juventus

1251alex

Dec 13, 2011
As Daria pointed out, he's not a racist. In Thailand people use the word "dum" which translates into "dark" or "black skin" as a figure of speech/adjective to serve as a descriptive word; it's not meant to offend/insult anyone. I'm pretty sure it's the same with "negrito" in South America.
im pretty sure its like this in most spanish speaking countries. He's not a racist.

adriano_c

May 26, 2009
Who wouldn't? The idea is that you hope it never comes to that... depending on a dodgy call, phantom goal, or red-carded goalkeeping attempt. But it does sometimes.

Because the fact is if Suarez had the option to goaltend and instead opted not to, allowing Ghana to go through, he would get zero credit for it. Nobody would be patting him on the back, saying, "Oh, he can't be a racist. Did you see that great gesture in the World Cup where he had the opportunity to knock down a sure goal by Ghana but did the honorable thing and let it go through?"

I don't think so...
So since the options are "play by the rules, get no praise" or "break the rules, have some praise you", what exactly? He should opt for the praise just because? Heh. I don't follow your point at all here...

Nobody. This is silly. That handball was a split second decision by Suarez, he's reacting instinctively. 95% of competitors would do the exact same thing, given the importance of the game - that ball crosses the line, you're out. It was against the rules, and he was punished appropriately under the rules of the game. Ghana got their PK, end of story.
95%? You sure? If that were accurate we'd have plenty more instances of Suarez-like goalkeeping at big tournaments or important league fixtures. We don't though. Why? Because it's fucking absurdly rare given how inappropriate it is.

Xiven

Jul 14, 2011
I'm well-aware of the context, hence I can understand (while disagreeing with) why some people try to find ways to justify it. These same people would love to have a player willing to do that sort of stuff on their own team. I for one would not. I'm all for a player giving everything of himself on the pitch (see Quagliarella@last WC) but only in the right way. Ideally, I'd like to be proud of the team I support.
So, if Juventus had a chance to buy Messi, you wouldn't want him either, correct?

Bezzy

The Bookie Queen
Jun 5, 2010
good player! Do I want him at juve? please not!

I like him as a player, but I don't like his behavour on the field.
Moaning, trying to get players booked, diving for penalties. And with us history of penalties not rewarded and players get suspended for diving. He isn't the player I would break the bank for.

Fint

Aug 13, 2010

Moaning, trying to get players booked, diving for penalties. And with us history of penalties not rewarded and players get suspended for diving. He isn't the player I would break the bank for.
This.

Trezegol17

Nov 1, 2006

Disagree here, Other teams do the same against us. Without his diving he's a brilliant player and a game changer. We show that we can win without penalties. And who in the world does not ask for yellow cards? We got plenty in our team.

His behaviour on the pitch is different when he's in a winning team and when the fans support him and guess what we are?

Indeed a winning team who can use a player like him but ofc you like Cavani so why do i even bother :)

Bezzy

The Bookie Queen
Jun 5, 2010
Disagree here, Other teams do the same against us. Without his diving he's a brilliant player and a game changer. We show that we can win without penalties. And who in the world does not ask for yellow cards? We got plenty in our team.

His behaviour on the pitch is different when he's in a winning team and when the fans support him and guess what we are?

Indeed a winning team who can use a player like him but ofc you like Cavani so why do i even bother :)
:sergio: Cavani is a CF Suarez can play right or SS. But he isn't a typical CF you can't compare those two.
And what do we need more a CF or a RW/SS?

I never said he is a bad player only I don't think he actually fits this juve because of his behaviour.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
If Vucinic did exactly what Suarez did, I wouldn't want him at Juventus either.
I bet you wouldn't. Especially if he does it in the last minute of the last match against Atalanta, when the result is 2:1 for Juve and with a draw we lose the scudetto.
Then Buffon saves the penalty and you don't celebrate but you write petitions to sell Vucinic.

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
Suarez is indeed a very good player but I would like our marquee CL signing to be a name that will be able to help us on the merchandise front and be a big shirt seller aswell as adding quality to our team.

We need a player who would make neturals buy a Juve shirt for and get his name on the back and tune into our cames to see the player as I think our brand could suffer with Del Piero's departure as hes sold shirts all over the world.

I think Suraez's image has been affected by this rasism thing and so he may not be that player but he does bring alot of quality and could change games for us all by himself.

Im undecided on this one but would be up for it if we can get him and another top player because Suarez alone won't do.

Trezegol17

Nov 1, 2006
:sergio: Cavani is a CF Suarez can play right or SS. But he isn't a typical CF you can't compare those two.
And what do we need more a CF or a RW/SS?

I never said he is a bad player only I don't think he actually fits this juve because of his behaviour.
:sergio: And Suarez didnt play as a CF at Ajax? Use a facepalm when you know something for sure ;) and iirc Cavano can play on the sides so he isnt a typical CF aswell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)