Luis Suárez (52 Viewers)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Uruguay considers boycotting the World Cup :lol2:. Oh man I so hope they do that and disgrace themselves even more :rofl:.
The culture down there is seriously disturbed. That they think there is some vendetta against this disgusting human being is absolutely pathetic.

If they boycott this WC, I hope FIFA bans them indefinitely from further International competition. A few Copa Americas, a few WCs... Enjoy.

Buy on AliExpress.com

adRHCP

Nov 7, 2012
4 months? Should have been AT VERY LEAST 6 months.

What is $100,000 to a player that (most likely) gets paid more than that in a week!

Seriously this is a very serious incident, the position that some people in Uruguay are taking around this is disgusting.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
The culture down there is seriously disturbed. That they think there is some vendetta against this disgusting human being is absolutely pathetic.

If they boycott this WC, I hope FIFA bans them indefinitely from further International competition. A few Copa Americas, a few WCs... Enjoy.
such a level headed response from a far superior culture :tup:

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
The unbiased fans think that his ban is way too harsh and that elbows and tackles should be judged more harshly.
I think the suspensions are right on. I just think it's overboard that we can't sell his ass during his suspension. What does it matter if he's sold if he can't go near a stadium?

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
should have thrown the fucking book at him, fifa once again showing what a weak bunch of pricks they are. great job and your fair play ethic bullshit!

and fuck uruguay and those who stand by suarez claiming him to be innocent, deluded bunch of fucktards

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
such a level headed response from a far superior culture :tup:
My culture has its own disturbing aspects. Every culture does. However, this is currently in the spotlight, and the Uruguayan FA and media and general populace (of which my two cousins are a part) is doing a great job of painting a pretty portrait of the values of their culture.

If he was not a sport stars he would be institutionalized after 3 biting incidents. Jail time would never occur because what he is doing is indicative of a deranged mind. Instead of Uruguay playing the victim in such an embarrassing and shameful manner, they should be talking about how they are going to try to help him with his severe psychological issues. Unfortunately, they enable him and his grotesque behaviour.

- - - Updated - - -

I think the suspensions are right on. I just think it's overboard that we can't sell his ass during his suspension. What does it matter if he's sold if he can't go near a stadium?
FIFA confirmed he can be sold during the ban.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
If you're Liverpool, wouldn't you rather sue or discipline Suarez yourself for him doing this again and ultimately hurting not just his nation but his club that signs his checks?

If I was Liverpool, I'd be pissed at Suarez NOT FIFA.
They're probably pissed at both.

Alex-444

Sep 5, 2005
Uruguay will appeal the “excessive” and “disproportionate” four-month Luis Suarez ban amid reports they’ll boycott the World Cup.

The striker was handed the nine-match international ban, with four months out of all sporting events, after he was caught on camera biting Italy defender Giorgio Chiellini.

“We are preparing our appeal now, we have three days to do it,” Uruguay FA President Wilmar Valdez told reporters.

“It is an excessive decision and there was not enough evidence and I have seen more aggressive incidents recently.

“It is a severe punishment. I don’t know exactly which arguments they used but it is a tough punishment for Suarez.

“It feels like Uruguay has been thrown out of the World Cup. We all know what Suarez means to Uruguay and to football around the world - not having Suarez would be a loss to any team.”

There are reports Uruguay could even attempt to boycott their Round of 16 game with Colombia if the ban is not revoked on appeal.

Minister of Tourism and Sport Liliam Kechichian called the punishment “disproportionate” and said they had to “now help the human being Suarez.”

Ex-Lecce forward Ernesto Javier Chevanton is one of those calling for a boycott.

“This ban is an enormous disgrace. Who said he bit his opponent? Many things can be said about those images,” he told TMW.

“Evidently the condemnation around the world is all envy. Suarez is among the best players in the world and we left Italy and England out, while Brazil are afraid we’ll give them a repeat of 1950.

“I think the players should leave the World Cup out of solidarity for Suarez. We need to send a strong signal, because it all looks as if it is being set up to help Brazil win the tournament. Suarez is being persecuted

Paul Poker

Apr 7, 2013
...the position that some people in Uruguay are taking around this is disgusting.
Uruguayan officials no less, including the FA president. Apparently nothing is bigger than football down there, not even pride and honor.

Interview with an uruguayan law student: "Whatever it takes to win. If you have to kick, you kick. If you have to to bite, you bite". If you have to bite? I dont even...

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
You can't sell him? I think you can. Finding a buyer may be the hardest part.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
4 months? Should have been AT VERY LEAST 6 months.

What is $100,000 to a player that (most likely) gets paid more than that in a week!

Seriously this is a very serious incident, the position that some people in Uruguay are taking around this is disgusting.
I assume he will lose his Liverpool salary for the time of his suspension, so his pocketbook will get hit pretty hard by that. The financial aspects of these suspensions are never really all that important though.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Uruguay will appeal the “excessive” and “disproportionate” four-month Luis Suarez ban amid reports they’ll boycott the World Cup.

The striker was handed the nine-match international ban, with four months out of all sporting events, after he was caught on camera biting Italy defender Giorgio Chiellini.

“We are preparing our appeal now, we have three days to do it,” Uruguay FA President Wilmar Valdez told reporters.

“It is an excessive decision and there was not enough evidence and I have seen more aggressive incidents recently.

“It is a severe punishment. I don’t know exactly which arguments they used but it is a tough punishment for Suarez.

“It feels like Uruguay has been thrown out of the World Cup. We all know what Suarez means to Uruguay and to football around the world - not having Suarez would be a loss to any team.”

There are reports Uruguay could even attempt to boycott their Round of 16 game with Colombia if the ban is not revoked on appeal.

Minister of Tourism and Sport Liliam Kechichian called the punishment “disproportionate” and said they had to “now help the human being Suarez.”

Ex-Lecce forward Ernesto Javier Chevanton is one of those calling for a boycott.

“This ban is an enormous disgrace. Who said he bit his opponent? Many things can be said about those images,” he told TMW.

“Evidently the condemnation around the world is all envy. Suarez is among the best players in the world and we left Italy and England out, while Brazil are afraid we’ll give them a repeat of 1950.

“I think the players should leave the World Cup out of solidarity for Suarez. We need to send a strong signal, because it all looks as if it is being set up to help Brazil win the tournament. Suarez is being persecuted
@X

:rofl:

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Uruguay considers boycotting the World Cup :lol2:. Oh man I so hope they do that and disgrace themselves even more :rofl:.
That's really pathetic. Talk about enablers.

My culture has its own disturbing aspects. Every culture does. However, this is currently in the spotlight, and the Uruguayan FA and media and general populace (of which my two cousins are a part) is doing a great job of painting a pretty portrait of the values of their culture.

If he was not a sport stars he would be institutionalized after 3 biting incidents. Jail time would never occur because what he is doing is indicative of a deranged mind. Instead of Uruguay playing the victim in such an embarrassing and shameful manner, they should be talking about how they are going to try to help him with his severe psychological issues. Unfortunately, they enable him and his grotesque behaviour.
That's the big thing missing in all of this. He's a fantastic player, and he clearly needs mental help. He'll never get it when his nation defends his actions with denial like this.

Chevanton :sergio: I used to think he was pretty cool. Clearly he's been smoking the Uruguayan pipe too much.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 52)