Luis Suárez - ST - Barcelona (6 Viewers)

Want him?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
If getting Suarez will keep us money for bring Auoar then just get it done ASAP

I thought we will already done in sale/terminate deadwood by early of September
What the $%^& Paratici doing
I think Aouar is more related with the situation regarding Ramsey and Khedira rather than Suarez.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
34 year old Dzeko, 2-goals/season Kean and Morata who Simeone transformed a midfielder Llorente into an attacker just to bench his ass. These are your alternatives? lol I rest my case.

Btw all 3 are not available for free or nominal fee AND a huge downgrade in quality from Suarez.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
I'm sure there will be a few mill in bonuses involved in case we win seria A or go far in CL, but otherwise i don't think it would ever reach 13-16m in transfer fee alone ,from the way that guy reported it leaves a lot of place for interpretation(classic speculation), then unless ofc we might right away win the CL or do a treble which is highly unlikely but i'd sure agree to it if that'd eventually be the case.

Anyway, again, let's better wait for the official numbers as there's been already numerous conflicting reports.

Apr 10, 2014
1. Dzeko only scored two less goals than Suarez last season despite far inferior service and no Messi
2. Dzeko is an less selfish striker and suits playing with CR7 more
3. I don’t believe Dzeko will kick up as much of a fuss if he gets benched occasionally.
1. He played more games than Suarez who had his knee problems and Barca were horrible at times, and Suarez made Messi (who had his injuries) play better;
besoccer-study-showing-leo-messi-in-2019-20-with-and-without-luis-suarez--besoccer.png

Your other two arguments might be true but not certain..Don't like strikers being happy on the bench..

I'd also take Kean back on loan over Saurez. Kean might not score as many goals as Suarez, but he's a more versatile forward (can also play on the wing) and I don't think he will complain when he gets benched. He's also much younger and can still improve. I was never a fan of Kean but I'd still take him over Suarez. I would take Morata over Suarez too. His speed makes him a dangerous asset in the UCL.

But more importantly, this mentality about how "there's no one better so we should take him" is idiotic. This kind of mentality is the same reason why we signed players like Khedira, Matuidi, Ramsey and other old freebies. There are no shortcuts to building a UCL team. You need to be patient, smart, and target young players. Suarez is yet another attempt from our board to be clever and it will undoubtedly backfire.
Kean should improve quite a lot and seems we are not looking for someone to sit on the bench here (although think he'd be no bad option to be sitting there)
You'd buy weak headed Morata from Madrid over free Suarez cause he has more pace but half the skill?

"Other old freebies?" What do u think of Pirlo and let's say Alves..Also think Khedira was a good move back in 2015..Also Ramsey is not exactly old and Matuidi was 30..

Last edited:

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
we went from "suarez will free himself from barcelona" to "juve will pay 3+13m for suarez" pretty quickly :lol3:
There were always rumours that we are going to sign him in a Rakitic-Sevilla type deal. Sevilla signed him for €1.5M + €9M bonuses.
Some of the bonus clauses in Rakitic's deal include winning La Liga and Champions league which is impossible for a club like Sevilla so I'd imagine that the rumored €13M will include difficult to achieve bonuses(or atleast I hope)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)