Luis Suárez - ST - Barcelona (7 Viewers)

Want him?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
I don´t trust Dybala come CL money time
Luis Suarez did not score a single UCL away goal in 15/16, 16/17, 17/18, 18/19. He was also on the pitch in all of Barca’s recent CL humiliations.

The last time this guy had a great UCL campaign was 14/15, when he had Messi, Suarez, and Iniesta feeding him. He was also at his physical peak back then.

If you think that a 33 year old overweight Suarez is going to make a clutch difference in the CL you are in for some serious disappointment.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
Luis Suarez did not score a single UCL away goal in 15/16, 16/17, 17/18, 18/19. He was also on the pitch in all of Barca’s recent CL humiliations.

The last time this guy had a great UCL campaign was 14/15, when he had Messi, Suarez, and Iniesta feeding him. He was also at his physical peak back then.

If you think that a 33 year old overweight Suarez is going to make a clutch difference in the CL you are in for some serious disappointment.
Thank you (you probably meant thay Neymar was feeding him).

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Some of you do understand the concept of having backups, right? That a squad isn't made of 11 players? @Mark can we have a smh emoji?

Esp in a season where you'll have 5 subs and potentially another covid stop-start with another super congested schedule?

Someone like Kean would be fine as 4th striker, but do you want someone like him to come on at minute 70 when we need a goal in CL? And what sense does it make to spend 50m on an "exciting" striker when there are more pressing matters.

His level right now is just right for that role and decent chance he'll shed the extra pounds under Bertelli. Better than Dzeko. Also, minor details: he and Arthur can help each other settle in, another Uruguayan compadre for Ben10, and may be a factor if we consider Messi.

It's a well thought out transfer. Only thing I don't like is the salary...even though it's a big reduction from his Barca salary which was 50% higher. If it's 10m including bonuses, that's better.

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
Yea I think the roster seems pretty darn good (although I don't like the fact that Sanders and Reagor are out at the moment).
The O-line is in shambles. You keep thinking and I'll keep knowing. Only thing that saves them is being in the weakest division in football.

JuelzSantana

Sep 28, 2017

Well Dybala hasn´t scored in the whole of CL knockouts for 2 years, he has a total of 1 knockout goal the last 3 seasons.

By your logic Messi wouldn´t make a difference either, as he was also on the pitch in all of their recent humiliations. And talking of MSN, Suarez managed a goal against Bayern this year. Not Messi and not Neymar.

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004

I agree with you ... but we need a striker to help the MAIN ones ...I think this is the best option ... there is no other viable solution

like many tuzers said , the salary was the issue ...but i expect he will give us a year of excellent performance then ...that is it ...

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009

I remember when people said that about Tevez(I think?).

Also not scoring in away games is such an arbitrary stat and doesn't mean shit.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Well Dybala hasn´t scored in the whole of CL knockouts for 2 years, he has a total of 1 knockout goal the last 3 seasons.

By your logic Messi wouldn´t make a difference either, as he was also on the pitch in all of their recent humiliations. And talking of MSN, Suarez managed a goal against Bayern this year. Not Messi and not Neymar.
Dybala doesn’t have Messi creating chances for him.

Some of you do understand the concept of having backups, right? That a squad isn't made of 11 players? @@Mark can we have a smh emoji?
Suarez isn’t coming here to be a backup. If it was Dzeko then I could see him as a backup, but not Suarez.

He will likely start and ruin the balance of this team even further (if that’s even possible).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)