Luis Suárez - ST - Barcelona (9 Viewers)

Want him?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
I think for now I'll keep faith in Pirlo when he explicitly talks of aggression and pressing, I'm sure even he understands that playing a trident against well oiled machines especially in Europe is asking to be punished. Maybe we can play the trident against trash teams in the league and play a more balanced lineup in Europe.

Monty

Tuz Royalty
May 2, 2017
I think for now I'll keep faith in Pirlo when he explicitly talks of aggression and pressing, I'm sure even he understands that playing a trident against well oiled machines especially in Europe is asking to be punished. Maybe we can play the trident against trash teams in the league and play a more balanced lineup in Europe.
Berna :baus:

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Depends. Kulu is quite the aggressive workhorse

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Some positives with Suarez:

1. CL winner, we need championship CL experience upfront.
2. The guy is a c*nt, bar Demiral, Chiellini and CR the rest of them are church boys.
3. Scored at least 20 league goals for the past 6 seasons.
4. Proven in La Liga and PL, he´s adaptable which significantly lowers the risk of flopping in Italy.
5. Pirlo needs experienced been-there-done-that players, our Scudetto dynasty has never been under more threat than this upcoming campaign
6. I don´t trust Dybala come CL money time

Also, Higuain has scared a lot of Juve fans. All strikers over 30 will not be a new Higuain, he was a sorry case of someone mentally and physically f´ed. In terms of Suarez being finished, just look at Bayern who won CL. Neuer, Boateng, Muller etc. Go back a year and these were all written off, Muller and Boateng got kicked off the national team too. Now they rule the world. I´m hyped for Suarez, I can´t wait to see him do his c*nt antics versus Inter and Conte. We´ve been missing this type of player badly. This guy got that dog in him, I think he´ll bounce back to prove his haters (Koeman, Barca) wrong.
Agree completely about missing a player like this. A prick like this guy on the field can really screw with the opposition team mentally during a match. Then he scores and it all boils over lol. I hope we get him before Sampdoria.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
This guy's saying 2 year contract lol
I think 2+1 would be a fair compromise. Let's see who gets this one right.

james95

Sep 2, 2018
To fall into the category of all time great, you would need to be a generation defining player. Sure Suarez had an amazing peak but it's also consistency and longevity that puts you among the best of the best. Suarez hasnt looked anywhere near his peak years for the past couple of seasons atleast.
When we talk of generation defining players, we talk of Messi, Ronaldo, Pirlo, Xavi, Zidane, Brazilian Ronaldo, Cruyff, Iniesta, Maldini, Platini etc
He's a Uruguayan and a Barcelona great for sure but it'd be hard for me to put him in the same conversation as the aforementioned players.
How many strikers in the past 30 years were better than him? That alone would make him generational. He's one of the very best to ever play in his position. He was world class from 2012-2016/17. And has been pretty decent since (maybe not world class). That level of longevity isn't Messi/Ronaldo standard but still respectable.

Obviously, he's not top 20 all-time (overall players) but you can still be a great without being in that echelon.

Last edited:

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
I love this signing, I think the theory that we're only signing oldies is exaggerated. We have Kulusevski, Benta, Arthur, Demiral and De Ligt to build around. A superstar who's motivated for at least one season is great. We've all seen how well we did with guys like Barza, Pirlo, Evra. We're constantly in a 'win now' state, unlike other teams who can rebuild without winning.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
How many strikers in the past 30 years were better than him? That alone would make him generational. He's one of the very best to ever play in his position. He was world class from 2012-2016/17. And has been pretty decent since (maybe not world class). That level of longevity
Messi/Ronaldo level but still respectable.

Obviously, he's not top 20 all-time (overall players( but you can still be a great without being in that echelon.
and also the fact that he didnt take penalty kicks for his clubs which shows what a lethal striker he is which we were surely missing

Strickland

May 17, 2019
How does even a 2+1 contract work in this case, anyone has reported any details? If its strictly the club who decides, no need to play games and just make it a 2 year contract. If its the player who decides then lol, its a 3 year contract. If the option triggered by amount of games played / goals scored or smth like that, the 2nd season is bound to get tricky at one point :D

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
How does even a 2+1 contract work in this case, anyone has reported any details? If its strictly the club who decides, no need to play games and just make it a 2 year contract. If its the player who decides then lol, its a 3 year contract. If the option triggered by amount of games played / goals scored or smth like that, the 2nd season is bound to get tricky at one point :D
Think it's for fiscal reasons don't ask me more cause I don't remember the reason

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
I love this signing, I think the theory that we're only signing oldies is exaggerated. We have Kulusevski, Benta, Arthur, Demiral and De Ligt to build around. A superstar who's motivated for at least one season is great. We've all seen how well we did with guys like Barza, Pirlo, Evra. We're constantly in a 'win now' state, unlike other teams who can rebuild without winning.
Comparing this clown to Barzagli and Pirlo is just unexcusable.

alaska

May 25, 2013
Any Italian and Spanish speakers in here who can predict whether he'll actually be able to pass the language test? Not sure what level of fluency is required to pass. Does he need to be grammatically correct, or just able to communicate?

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Any Italian and Spanish speakers in here who can predict whether he'll actually be able to pass the language test? Not sure what level of fluency is required to pass. Does he need to be grammatically correct, or just able to communicate?
He will go in there, not know any Italian at all. Then he'll tell them how much his new job in Italy will be paying in taxes and they will hand him his new passport over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)