Luis Suárez - ST - Barcelona (6 Viewers)

Want him?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
His agent & entourage aren't worried about his passport, they believe this can be resolved easily: it's not seen as an obstacle in his move to Juventus. His Juve contract is virtually ready but everything now revolves around the issues between Barca & player. [Fabrizio Romano]

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
If we sign him you simply know that next summer we will be looking to get him off our books. In not so distant future I see mutual contract termination, with Juve still having to pay part of the salary. Im yet to see long term strategy from this management. Every summer over the past few seasons we are just plugging the holes, which consequently only get bigger the following year.

- - - Updated - - -

Signing Suarez to me is a continuation of mismanagement from the club once again. What a way to set yourself up for such a financial exposure, yet having so many holes in the squad.

I hope Pirlo will be more flexible than Sarri and will find a way to get into the players' heads.
Hes improvement over Higuain who is all but retired, but why arent we focusing on setting up this team for the next 5-6 seasons, instead of short term solutions, which usually backfire.

Liviu

Jan 10, 2015
Because long term planning and getting promising talents diet when we got CR7 for 120m to push for UCL. A proven young player costs way to much so we need to compromise somewhere.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
If we sign him you simply know that next summer we will be looking to get him off our books. In not so distant future I see mutual contract termination, with Juve still having to pay part of the salary. Im yet to see long term strategy from this management. Every summer over the past few seasons we are just plugging the holes, which consequently only get bigger the following year.
De Ligt, Demiral, Bentancur, Rabiot, Mckenny, Arthur, Kulusevski, Dybala.

All are 26 year old and under. De Ligt and Dybala are already in the world class category, the rest are potential regular starters for the club and who knows maybe develop to become world class.

I think our long term strategy is evident.

Apr 10, 2014
No he wouldn’t. You are still stuck in 2014. This slow, fat, lazy cannibal is not even half the player you think he is. You probably don’t watch Barcelona and you think he’s still world class. Well there’s a reason why Barca terminates his contract.
With 21 goals without taking penalties and 12 assists in 36 total games considering how shit barca were last year he did well. Not as explosive as before but still world class player no doubt. Only doubt for me is how they manage to play our attack with him and the other two..

I would much rather have us buy a cheap and young striker than Suarez. A guy on lower wages who won’t complain when he doesn’t start every game. Buying 30+ year old players is a proven recipe for failure.
Considering we seek short term success in the ucl you'd pass on Suarez for free and replace him with a cheap young striker?
I think we should have both but having all that experience and skill (people don't just lose it all when they turn 30 you know?) for free is a no brainer and worth the risk for me easily.

May 4, 2020
Suarez is gone a long time ago.

He can't do shit in CL. Slow, does not play defense.

He will score some goals but he will not be game changer. He is overweight a d 33 years old

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
De Ligt, Demiral, Bentancur, Rabiot, Mckenny, Arthur, Kulusevski, Dybala.

All are 26 year old and under. De Ligt and Dybala are already in the world class category, the rest are potential regular starters for the club and who knows maybe develop to become world class.

I think our long term strategy is evident.
Very optimistic I'd say, but wouldn't mind if it turns out to be true.

_GGB_

Jun 28, 2006
Suarez is still a gun.. excited if he comes.. forget longterm planning we need to give ouselves the biggest possible chance at UCL while Ronaldo is here..

A top class striker & imporovments in midfield are the correct moves ..

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Our midfield is solid B+. Unfortunately I don't see anyone from the aforementioned names turning out to be elite. Hope I'm wrong.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
I know somes tuzzers want Suarez here but trying to create a narrative about "last year problem was that we didn't have a CF" its actually moronic.

It's not just that one of our winger starter provides 0 goals and assist almost all year. Our MF was really weak and we suffered the highest amount of goals like in 100 years. Conclusion: our last year MVP player is bad :sergio:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)