Luis Suárez - ST - Barcelona (31 Viewers)

Want him?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Even if you like Suarez the question of "how do you fit Suarez, CR7, and Dybala into the starting lineup at the same time" remains. I am cautious of this because I feel its reminiscent of times where we made a signing because that player is available rather than because it builds a cohesive squad. imo this has been a consistent problem the past few years.

If there aren't other big strikers available then sign a backup and continue to play Dybala as CF

Buy on AliExpress.com

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Would you rather have Lacazette or Higuain?
No I wouldn’t have any of them.

Just because it’s possible to have a worse player doesn’t make this signing any less moronic.

- 33 years old
- huge wages
- complains when he’s benched or subbed
- too overweight to press or play with intensity
- doesn’t fit in the same lineup with CR7 and Dybala

Abysmal signing. You can sugarcoat it all you want but it’s the truth. It’s so blatantly obvious that this will fail.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Even if you like Suarez the question of "how do you fit Suarez, CR7, and Dybala into the starting lineup at the same time" remains. I am cautious of this because I feel its reminiscent of times where we made a signing because that player is available rather than because it builds a cohesive squad. imo this has been a consistent problem the past few years.

If there aren't other big strikers available then sign a backup and continue to play Dybala as CF
Or hopefully Pirlo is smart enough to rotate them all and will have some agreement/pact in place to do so. In Juve's best interest so to play only two out of three at the same time but the season is long, so everyone needs rest.

CR7 - Suarez - Dybala won't work the same way CR7 - Higuain - Dybala didn't work. You can field it against a shit bottom-half table team from time to time and that's it.

Lancelot

Oct 24, 2011
No I wouldn’t have any of them.

Just because it’s possible to have a worse player doesn’t make this signing any less moronic.

- 33 years old
- huge wages
- complains when he’s benched or subbed
- too overweight to press or play with intensity
- doesn’t fit in the same lineup with CR7 and Dybala

Abysmal signing. You can sugarcoat it all you want but it’s the truth. It’s so blatantly obvious that this will fail.
We can't fail more if we decide to keep Higuain.
We need striker and those are the options - Lscazete, Higuain, Cavani, Suarez.
Between all of them Suarez is the best option by far. Thats why we bet on him like it or not.
Given the current situation we are doing the best we can

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
We can't fail more if we decide to keep Higuain.
We need striker and those are the options - Lscazete, Higuain, Cavani, Suarez.
Between all of them Suarez is the best option by far. Thats why we bet on him like it or not.
Given the current situation we are doing the best we can
If those are the only options available then we desperately need to improve our scouting department.

Also, I prefer Dybala as a false 9 to any of those guys.

Lancelot

Oct 24, 2011
If those are the only options available then we desperately need to improve our scouting department.

Also, I prefer Dybala as a false 9 to any of those guys.
It has nothing to do with the scouting department. It a covid period, everyone is making as little changes as possible. On top of that there is no available superstar striker on the market. Even if there is we dont have the money to buy him.

Last year Dybala was the false 9 and we know how it ended.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Signing Suarez to me is a continuation of mismanagement from the club once again. What a way to set yourself up for such a financial exposure, yet having so many holes in the squad.

I hope Pirlo will be more flexible than Sarri and will find a way to get into the players' heads.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
Signing Suarez to me is a continuation of mismanagement from the club once again. What a way to set yourself up for such a financial exposure, yet having so many holes in the squad.

I hope Pirlo will be more flexible than Sarri and will find a way to get into the players' heads.
if we had the money we'd go for Haaland but we're broke and we'll be lucky if we get a good cm like Aouar ....
So with a 0 budget for the striker to replace Higuain what else can we hope for?
Suarez is already the best we could think about.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Last year Dybala was the false 9 and we know how it ended.
That had absolutely nothing to do with Dybala and everything to do with our impotent midfield and the fact that we had to play the useless Bernardeschi on the wing. Dybala and Ronaldo were great, the rest of the team let them down.

It has nothing to do with the scouting department. It a covid period, everyone is making as little changes as possible. On top of that there is no available superstar striker on the market. Even if there is we dont have the money to buy him.
I would much rather have us buy a cheap and young striker than Suarez. A guy on lower wages who won’t complain when he doesn’t start every game. Buying 30+ year old players is a proven recipe for failure.

Lancelot

Oct 24, 2011
That had absolutely nothing to do with Dybala and everything to do with our impotent midfield and the fact that we had to play the useless Bernardeschi on the wing. Dybala and Ronaldo were great, the rest of the team let them down.

I would much rather have us buy a cheap and young striker than Suarez. A guy on lower wages who won’t complain when he doesn’t start every game. Buying 30+ year old players is a proven recipe for failure.
It has to do everything with him. He is not build for that, he is not a pure striker and thats not a position thats suits both him and Ronaldo. We all saw that, the menagement saw that last year as it was so obvious and thats why they are doing everything to fix this.

Buying a cheap striker will not help us at all. Lacazette wont fix our problems. In fact its gonna make it even worse.
Suarez is a guaranteed starter in any european team, let alone Italy. We wont pay nothing for him except for his wages. He will play for us for 2 years right until we identify our next striker.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014

meaning you would turn down even someone like Lewandosky right?

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
It has to do everything with him. He is not build for that, he is not a pure striker and thats not a position thats suits both him and Ronaldo. We all saw that, the menagement saw that last year as it was so obvious and thats why they are doing everything to fix this.
This is the same management who gave Khedira a contract extension, who thought that signing Ramsey on high wages was a good idea, who watched the Cardiff final and then thought that Blaise Matuidi was a sufficient midfield signing.

“management are trying to find a striker so that proves my point” is a dumb argument because our board have proven over the last few years that they are clueless.

Dybala and Ronaldo worked great together last year. The problem was the right wing and the midfield.

Suarez is a guaranteed starter in any european team, let alone Italy. We wont pay nothing for him except for his wages. He will play for us for 2 years right until we identify our next striker.
No he wouldn’t. You are still stuck in 2014. This slow, fat, lazy cannibal is not even half the player you think he is. You probably don’t watch Barcelona and you think he’s still world class. Well there’s a reason why Barca terminates his contract.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
So, once again there are reports that Dzeko's wife doesn't want to leave Roma and Dzeko himself is happy there so he won't force the move.

Roma can't sign Milik because Napoli plays a hardball with them, the situation is blocked.

Suarez is all about citizenship now it seems.

Cavani? Fuck knows with this one...

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
meaning you would turn down even someone like Lewandosky right?
You cant really compare Lewa with Suarez.
Lewa is one of the fittest player, he can maintain his condition almost like C. Ronaldo. and He is a pure Target Man, which strong, press hard and its what we needed in a striker right now

Suarez has a recurrent injury history with his knee. You can check in his 2017/2018, 2018/2019, or 2019/2020 season. He doesnt press hard when they dont have the ball, and he is not as fast as in the past. Yes, he still scores goals but signing him on high wages is a big gamble and not really an improvement over Higuain.

May 25, 2019
GOAT had 31 goals last season, the rest of the club had 42. We need someone else that can finish so that hopefully the opposition has to chase the lead instead of us chasing the lead with basically only 2 goal scoring threats. If Suarez can be around the 20 mark and Ronaldo stays around the 30 mark we are a much improved club offensively.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
You cant really compare Lewa with Suarez.
Lewa is one of the fittest player, he can maintain his condition almost like C. Ronaldo. and He is a pure Target Man, which strong, press hard and its what we needed in a striker right now

Suarez has a recurrent injury history with his knee. You can check in his 2017/2018, 2018/2019, or 2019/2020 season. He doesnt press hard when they dont have the ball, and he is not as fast as in the past. Yes, he still scores goals but signing him on high wages is a big gamble and not really an improvement over Higuain.
problem is that buying any other striker for a fee + lower wage would cost us much more than purely giving Suarez a higher wage

Jul 13, 2010
You also need wingers who aren't shit and/or crippled. Only Kulusevski ticks that box.
Yeah, well I guess our strikers would be playing out wide and cutting in, rather than we would use traditional wingers who cross the ball etc. It also remains to see how much forward will our fullbacks go - will they be involved with our attack or not too much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 25)